Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Am I alone in having been really excited about ETH, and the closer we get to signing him, the more uncertain I become...

I've just been hurt too often at this point.

I'm sure we'll see a porch brigade when he is signed just so they can tell everyone 'i told you so' if this doesn't work out
Now that he’s closer then ever to joining us I’m already seeing people on twitter put he’s the wrong choice blah blah we should go for poch haha. Last week though it was all about we need to get ten Hag ASAP… can’t win with some people. No matter who we appoint there’s always gonna be criticism on both sides. If he fails or loses a few games you’ll get people saying he can’t handle it etc. the guy needs time to implement his style and get his signings. Didn’t pep come 4th or something in his first season, sure they just pipped us on GD. I’ve never been as excited about a new manager since fergie left then I am with ten Hag.:: I’m 99% confident he’s the man to take us to the next level and raise the games of our players… rashford and sancho will be on fire next season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Van Persie as his number two might not be wise anyway. He's such a crowd favourite that it might be a distraction.

I think McClaren or Rene would be fine.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They will not give him a budget to spend, maximum 3 new signings + huge contract extensions

I know the future already
Until this morning you lot were bitching that the job would be given to Pochettino. There’s no end to the misery you inflict on yourself and the rest of this forum.

Bertie 2 Hats

Erik the Red is going to be our next manager.. so if he can win us 'The Quadruple' he'll then go on to be the Mayor of Manchester :devil:

hobbers

Cant wait for the players to start briefing about how upset and confused they are.

Tarrou

what do the Goldbridge conspiracy crew think of this development?

all smoke and mirrors?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
That’s pretty poor if we’ve leaked who we’re getting before telling Pochetino. Refuse to believe that.
We leaked/confirmed Jose before telling Van Gaal he was being sacked, so it wouldn't be that unusual.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm cautiously excited. This feels like the right managerial appointment; now let him bring in his own coaches, sweep the decks in our dressing room and sign the players he wants and let's just see where he takes us.

PeteManic

I couldn't care less if he brings Brian Kidd with him - the key is to get rid of over half of the players. That is what the club needs.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’d say I’m more optimistic about Ten Hag than any Manchester United manager appointment in my lifetime

Infestissumam

getting Ten Hag is exactly what I've wanted for a long time, yet I still can't get excited because I'm sure this spineless group of players will find a way to make a mess of this. Hope I'm wrong.

Xaviboy

Reading something other day saying utd could see 11 players leave in summer as being out of contract and ones that can't get a game.

If true that's a good start. Bring in 5/6 players that Ten Hag wants and mix in with good youth. Take few transfer windows to build his own squad but few gone in summer be great start.

Wilt

ten Hag wants McClaren as his number two according to the Guardian. He agreed with the club on bringing him in. We should trust the new manager and let him put his staff together.
Nooo not Van Claren ….itshh bound to go titshh up

Status
Not open for further replies.