Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

We have some huge games coming up in the next 2 months. I think the results from these games will create plenty of debate about our manager and coaches and if we need to change or stick.
Leicester away
Atalanta. home and away
Lverpool
City.

The results of these games will determine if we have improved enough and do we need change. The big debate will only start in earnest then. imo.
I see us winning only 1 game, against Atalanta. The rest will be draws and losses.

Revan

Assumptionman
It took SAF six seasons to win the league, I know I was there.
Did he spent more than any other club in the world during those years? Did he have the highest wage bill in sports? And did the club finish second in the table the season before SAF was appointed?

If the answer to these questions is No, then probably there is no analogy there.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Are posts like this, calling for Mancini, actually serious? It's hard to know what's parody and what isn't on here lately.
Yes, who would want a proven winner to manage us?! Won the seria A, PL, euros with Italy. Nah, forget that, let's stick with our man from Molde whilst, watching us being tactically outclassed by the likes of villa, Everton, wolves, west ham

Judas

Open to offers
Yes, who would want a proven winner to manage us?! Won the seria A, PL, euros with Italy. Nah, forget that, let's stick with our man from Molde whilst, watching us being tactically outclassed by the likes of villa, Everton, wolves, west ham
I like how the new thing on here if you disagree with something, or question something, you are automatically an Ole worshipper :lol: just exhausting.

9 Stone Elvis

Many called for SAF head ar the time, but others could see progress behind the scenes with SAF and a complete overhaul of the squad, there are many parallels.

Yes you can pick holes in the argument just like you can any comment but there are similarities too.
Sir Alex changed the culture of the club and rebuilt every aspect of it. Ole doesnt have to do this at all. Ole asked and he has been given. He has a whole team and indeed squad that he has created for himself and frankly it looks exactly the same as it did three years ago in terms of approach, it is more successful based on having better players.

matt10000

Did he spent more than any other club in the world during those years? Did he have the highest wage bill in sports? And did the club finish second in the table the season before SAF was appointed?

If the answer to these questions is No, then probably there is no analogy there.
We were 4th on each of the three seasons before SAF took over and as I remember were biggest spenders at the time.

Revan

Assumptionman
We were 4th on each of the three seasons before SAF took over and as I remember were biggest spenders at the time.
4th vs 2nd, 6th (but Europa League and League Cup), and 5th (but FA Cup). I know which squad I would have taken.

We haven’t only spent most in England during Ole’s reign. We have spent more than any team in the world, and we have the highest salary in football. The return for what we spent is just not that good, I would say.

Don’t let the table fool you this season. We have played some of the worst teams in the league. Now that the real run will begin, if we don’t act fast, in 2 months we will be out of the title race and in Europa. Changing the manager then would be relativity pointless, cause another season would have gone.

wattsy7

I like how the new thing on here if you disagree with something, or question something, you are automatically an Ole worshipper :lol: just exhausting.
They really have so much hate towards Ole don’t they, I worry for their mental well being sometimes.

Definitely in their mother’s box room, stained underpants, serious lack of vitamin D. I’d imagine they’re the same guys Phil Jones was talking about the other week.

You can want better for Manchester United without weirdly obsessing over a man on a forum & social media.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Mancini is an interesting option. Definitely has the qualifications but the city connection makes it a bit iffy. I wouldn't mind him cause he seems like a classy guy who's talented but I can understand if some have reservations.

reddevilchennai

It would be nice to have a poll with Ole as an option too to see who people want to be our next manager.

reddevilchennai

Mancini is an interesting option. Definitely has the qualifications but the city connection makes it a bit iffy. I wouldn't mind him cause he seems like a classy guy who's talented but I can understand if some have reservations.
He wouldn't come as he is focused on winning the world cup next year.

matt10000

Don’t let the table fool you this season. We have played some of the worst teams in the league. Now that the real run will begin, if we don’t act fast, in 2 months we will be out of the title race and in Europa. Changing the manager then would be relativity pointless, cause another season would have gone.
This is the conundrum isn’t it, we can’t win these kind of games and will probably do really well now against the better teams.

Great on the counter, great away record but need to find a way to win these games and cut defensive errors. Don’t underestimate confidence.

People dismissing us coming second and saying we were rubbish is nonsense really. Yes hime record not great but if you fix that then we are challenging.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is the conundrum isn’t it, we can’t win these kind of games and will probably do really well now against the better teams.

Great on the counter, great away record but need to find a way to win these games and cut defensive errors. Don’t underestimate confidence.

People dismissing us coming second and saying we were rubbish is nonsense really. Yes hime record not great but if you fix that then we are challenging.
We were really bad against top 6 last season. Only 1 win in 10 matches.

The way how we are playing, we are really going to be in a very bad position after this run of games.

Godfather

Ah that again. I'll just quote these posts whenever I see them no matter how tiring that is. It's nonsense. We were wank against the good teams last season.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
We have tried so many things, but not a manager with a clear offensive and modern philosophy. Thats why im leaning more and more towards Potter. There is questions marks around his man manager skills though. Can he handle all the egos at this club ? Making United play great football again after 10 years of pain will probably turn him into a fans favorite though :)

Rossi Diablo

Would like put forward Hansi Flick...proven highest quality manager...won everything in the game....mostly likely taken on the challenge with compatriots at Chelsea and Liverpool...just break the bank to get him!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Would like put forward Hansi Flick...proven highest quality manager...won everything in the game....mostly likely taken on the challenge with compatriots at Chelsea and Liverpool...just break the bank to get him!
Why would he leave his position of Germany's coach after quitting Bayern to get it?

Rossi Diablo

Why would he leave his position of Germany's coach after quitting Bayern to get it?
Although not firing on all cylinders, Utd are bigger club than Bayern....at this moment his stock is high...the German job will always be there....having to compete with Klopp and a Tuchel plus Pep would entice any proven coach...the money he would have (ole has had £400mn) plus the talented squad he would currently manage....if he cracks it us fans would give unconditional support like we always do...and I can’t see him making any issues with the board, like Jose did...German tittle winner, champions league winner, German cup winner...has done really well with the German team in a short space of time.

croadyman

Would take any of

Conte (don't rip up this team Antonio)
Ten Haag (finally someone who trusts Donny)
Enrique (shown glimpses with Spain in euros)
Zidane (proven winner)
Potter (Could be another Moyes but don't think so)
Rodgers (Don't care he managed the scousers, not like playing for them)

HOWEVER none of this will happen until top 4 is mathematically impossible because that's the drill as always

The One and Only

Would take any of

Zidane (proven winner)

HOWEVER none of this will happen until top 4 is mathematically impossible because that's the drill as always
Why do people keep repeating this? Was top 4 mathemically impossible when Mourinho was sacked?

I am convinced Ole will be sacked by the end of November.

Strelok

I was of that opinion but we sacked Jose far before that. If Ole loses the dressing room like Jose it won't be that long I think.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Only way I see Ole getting sacked anytime soon is if the players turn IMO. Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba reaching out to Zidane/complaining directly to the hierarchy, type of thing.

RedDevilRoshi

Would take any of

Zidane (proven winner)

We sacked Jose when top 4 was mathematically possible

croadyman

Only way I see Ole getting sacked anytime soon is if the players turn IMO. Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba reaching out to Zidane/complaining directly to the hierarchy, type of thing.
Yep you couldn't have nailed the scenario any better at all, maybe then you would see how much this board values loyalty aka Ole over losing serious marketing money and shirt sales aka Ronny, Pogba maybe Varane too a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.