Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
The only individuals from Spurs worthy of their price tags were Modric (worth twice what we paid, if not more) and Bale (not 100M but worth it for the Scouse meltdown alone), Poch & Kane ain't worth half the prices being mentioned, so thanks but no thanks.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Pochettino is terrified of actually being expected to win things. Doesn't have the balls for the Madrid job.
Well he did meet with the Tottenham board/Levy and im guessing Poch got a response from them he wanted to hear investment in the squad wise. This, the fact he is secure in his spot and he put pen to paper on a new contract a couple days ago probably all convinced him to stay.

I can understand the decision, especially if this year Spurs are going to splash some cash and invest in the squad heavily on targets no doubt Poch has had a say in. Could this be a 'Bale money' kind of year for Spurs?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
RM is akin t being the best looking girl at school. If she is offering sex, you have to do it. You just aren't sure if you will get another chance or how long it will last before you are dumped.

But at some point in your life, you can look back as say 'at least you bonked her.'

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yeah, and she'll bin you if you don't win La Liga.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pochettino is terrified of actually being expected to win things. Doesn't have the balls for the Madrid job.
Uh huh. Is that going to be the next thing to bash him with when he stays at Spurs? Glad to know so I can prepare.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The manager's job at RM demands you win either the league or the CL, and the contrast to Spurs where they're happy with top 4 is a big one. Perhaps Poch is comfortable at Spurs with very little demands.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The manager's job at RM demands you win either the league or the CL, and the contrast to Spurs where they're happy with top 4 is a big one. Perhaps Poch is comfortable at Spurs with very little demands.
Not sure ''very little demands' really is the right way to describe having to get top 4 and Champions League football on a budget of about half of what all our main rivals have. Versus RM with unlimited funds in a much easier league.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Big fan of Pochettino but if he actually has "turned down" Real Madrid then that's a pretty large showing of a lack of ambition to win big trophies.

Real Madrid have an ageing squad but they've won the CL 3 times on the spin. Their squad is still considerably better than he has at Spurs, or anyone else in the Premier League.

And even if he did take it and things went south (as someone suggested above) then he'd still walk back into a top Premier League job if he wanted too.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not sure ''very little demands' really is the right way to describe having to get top 4 and Champions League football on a budget of about half of what all our main rivals have. Versus RM with unlimited funds in a much easier league.
top 4 trophy with Spurs > winning titles with Madrid

Pochettino confirmed best manager in the world after Wenger?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Big fan of Pochettino but if he actually has "turned down" Real Madrid then that's a pretty large showing of a lack of ambition to win big trophies.

Real Madrid have an ageing squad but they've won the CL 3 times on the spin. Their squad is still considerably better than he has at Spurs, or anyone else in the Premier League.

And even if he did take it and things went south (as someone suggested above) then he'd still walk back into a top Premier League job if he wanted too.
I respect him enormously for showing commitment to Spurs and showing loyalty.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why do some of the spurs fans here act like they know Poch personally? Really strange
Could easily say the same about Utd fans in the way they know exactly how he would react to situations. I deal with facts. Facts like him only just signing a 5 year contract knowing that the RM job could easily be vacant soon if ZZ had not won the champions league.

The same Utd fans that seem to know that all our top players want to jump ship as well. Same arguments will be trotted out when Kane, Eriksen and Alli sign bumper new contracts.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Poch has rejected Madrid? I'm assuming Glastons brain has been leaking out of his nose again.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fair fecks to Poch imo, knows he's just not good enough and that he cannot make it at a big club yet where you simply have to deliver trophies so he just doesn't go there. Better that than burn your career Moyes-like.

Posh Red

Could easily say the same about Utd fans in the way they know exactly how he would react to situations. I deal with facts. Facts like him only just signing a 5 year contract knowing that the RM job could easily be vacant soon if ZZ had not won the champions league.
Wasn’t actually referring to you. More to other two guys who keep telling everyone that Poch loves spurs and there is categorically no chance that he would ever want to leave etc

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Spurs fans will see it as loyalty, everyone else sees it for what it really is.

Turning down the opportunity to manage Madrid (if that even happened) in favour of staying at a side who have only ever been also rans (at best) in the Premier League era and a side that also stand to lose a couple of key players this summer is an extraordinary lack of ambition. Which is fine, btw. Some people are happy to settle where they are when they're happy.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
His comments after they lost the FA cup semi were a big red flag for me

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/22/mauricio-pochettino-spurs-fa-cup-play-with-kids

That's why I am not a fan of him taking over here. For all our struggles, the expectations at United are still massive. Maybe not as much as Madrid but still significantly more than Spurs. He would be put under an intense microscope and I bet the media would suddenly take notice of his lack of trophies if he came to us.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It sounds to me from the Sky article by Balague like Madrid want Poch but have realized the only way they will get him for a reasonable amount is if he tries to force his way out.

They won't try and negotiate with Spurs for him without him forcing it. So if he wants the job we will find out pretty soon.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
ZZ stepped down, he wasn’t fired. The man just won 3 CLs on the trot.
I know he stepped down. I meant to say if i was higher management i would of done everything in my power to keep him at the club which doesn't seem to be the case here.

I would hazard a guess that he has had a fallout with the president. Why else would you quit 5 days after winning the champions league ?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Yawn... You have a top 4 squad. It's not hard to get in the top 4 with the squad you have.

2 of the last three years you could/should have won the league/challenged until the final weeks. You didn't.

Hard to continue it, sure. But your players are in a good spot, mostly young. The squad has been built fantastically, but as Southampton demonstrated, replacing bargains season after season is so tough.

Porch is still a young coach, the Real job is a poisoned challace at the best of times. Expectations will be sky high, winning the CL three years in a row, but an ageing squad, Ronaldo wanting to leave, or even worse staying etc etc. whoever is the next Real Manager is on a hiding to nothing.

Porch got what he wanted, a massive contract that means he will walk away with a fortune if he gets sacked. Would be a foolish man to angle for the Real job this summer, the job will be available in 12 months time.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
RM is akin t being the best looking girl at school. If she is offering sex, you have to do it. You just aren't sure if you will get another chance or how long it will last before you are dumped.

But at some point in your life, you can look back as say 'at least you bonked her.'
But so did all your classmates :(

Spurs fans (every single of them I have ever meet which is about 3 :lol:) are the most boring fans to talk football to
It's a defense mechanism! So we don't have to listen to you all night ;)

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
I know he stepped down. I meant to say if i was higher management i would of done everything in my power to keep him at the club which doesn't seem to be the case here.

I would hazard a guess that he has had a fallout with the president. Why else would you quit 5 days after winning the champions league ?
Does it look like a fall out?

This is from Zizou's last press conference where he announced his decision, and although Perez was in the know since the previous day, he was depressed as feck, you never ever see him like that, except when Di Stefano died. Zizou is as close as a family member to him.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Does it look like a fall out?

This is from Zizou's last press conference where he announced his decision, and although Perez was in the know since the previous day, he was depressed as feck, you never ever see him like that, except when Di Stefano died. Zizou is as close as a family member to him.
Looks to me that he is thinking "i should of just listened to him and sold Bale to United"

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
The only individuals from Spurs worthy of their price tags were Modric (worth twice what we paid, if not more) and Bale (not 100M but worth it for the Scouse meltdown alone), Poch & Kane ain't worth half the prices being mentioned, so thanks but no thanks.
Kane walks into the Madrid side with a blind fold on. And Poch, well, he is Madrid's no 1 target so....

The challenge at Spurs is far greater, get real. If Poch was to win the league at Spurs he'd go down in history as arguably one of their top 3 greatest ever managers, if he was to win any major trophy, he'll be remembered for ever. If he creates sustained success, he creates a legacy. Spurs are one of 6 sides in the PL that try to win the league every season. At Madrid, even if he won the CL, he would be no more than a fart in the wind. At Madrid, there are only 3 sides who can ever win the league, even in default setting, you finish top 3. The challenges are not comparable. Even medicore managers can take over at Madrid and win trophies. At Spurs, mediocre managers will get found out very quickly.

If the challenge at Spurs to win trophies is greater than Madrid, which it is right? You can't even argue that point. How is it lacking ambition to choose to stay in a job where it is HARDER to win trophies? Your post isn't logical. It is a sign of Poch's ambition that he wishes to remain at Spurs to try and win major trophies. Zidane is certainly not a great manager, I can guarantee he will likely do absolutely nothing in his career as a manger post Madrid. He isn't a great coach. Yet he's won 3 CLs. That is Madrid for you. Run of the mill managers can take over and win trophies like no tomorrow. Bringing Bale on with half an hour of a CL final doesn't make you a tactical genius ffs. He should have started.

Wasn’t actually referring to you. More to other two guys who keep telling everyone that Poch loves spurs and there is categorically no chance that he would ever want to leave etc

I can smell the disappointment from United fans on here. AT first, a few days ago, when Poch was confirmed as Madrid's top target, nobody could contain their glee. "Ahaha, Poch will leave Spurs, gutted" etc etc etc. Oh wait, what's this? Poch has turned down Madrid because he WANTS TO STAY AT SPURS. Well it must be because he lacks ambition, yes that's it. How predictable. Just maybe it's because he thinks the challenge at Spurs and the job he has it fantastic at Spurs and he wants to see it through?! Maybe it's because he has complete control at Spurs and doesn't want to be Perez's bitch?!

EyeInTheSky

Kane walks into the Madrid side with a blind fold on. And Poch, well, he is Madrid's no 1 target so....

The challenge at Spurs is far greater, get real. If Poch was to win the league at Spurs he'd go down in history as arguably one of their top 3 greatest ever managers, if he was to win any major trophy, he'll be remembered for ever. If he creates sustained success, he creates a legacy. Spurs are one of 6 sides in the PL that try to win the league every season. At Madrid, even if he won the CL, he would be no more than a fart in the wind. At Madrid, there are only 3 sides who can ever win the league, even in default setting, you finish top 3. The challenges are not comparable. Even medicore managers can take over at Madrid and win trophies. At Spurs, mediocre managers will get found out very quickly.

If the challenge at Spurs to win trophies is greater than Madrid, which it is right? You can't even argue that point. How is it lacking ambition to choose to stay in a job where it is HARDER to win trophies? Your post isn't logical. It is a sign of Poch's ambition that he wishes to remain at Spurs to try and win major trophies. Zidane is certainly not a great manager, I can guarantee he will likely do absolutely nothing in his career as a manger post Madrid. He isn't a great coach. Yet he's won 3 CLs. That is Madrid for you. Run of the mill managers can take over and win trophies like no tomorrow. Bringing Bale on with half an hour of a CL final doesn't make you a tactical genius ffs. He should have started.

I can smell the disappointment from United fans on here. AT first, a few days ago, when Poch was confirmed as Madrid's top target, nobody could contain their glee. "Ahaha, Poch will leave Spurs, gutted" etc etc etc. Oh wait, what's this? Poch has turned down Madrid because he WANTS TO STAY AT SPURS. Well it must be because he lacks ambition, yes that's it. How predictable. Just maybe it's because he thinks the challenge at Spurs and the job he has it fantastic at Spurs and he wants to see it through?! Maybe it's because he has complete control at Spurs and doesn't want to be Perez's bitch?!
Oh dear... I as a United fan hope he stays for a loooooong time. Same as I did for Wenger (who actually won some trophies) and I hope klopp stays too.

Long may he reign

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Kane walks into the Madrid side with a blind fold on. And Poch, well, he is Madrid's no 1 target so...
Most good forwards are better than current Benzema (over a season) anyway, doesn't mean someone like Kane is actually worth 100M, let alone 200 or some other dumb fee. Same case with Poch, if he was worth the price/trouble you bet your club that Perez would sign him, but he's not.

The rest of your post (which I didn't quote) gotta be a joke, how deluded Spurs can be, nobody cares about Spurs mate, even if they win the league or whatever (which they won't). Ranieri won it with freaking Leicester, and nobody cares about him now.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Even medicore managers can take over at Madrid and win trophies. At Spurs, mediocre managers will get found out very quickly.

Try telling that to Juande Ramos, Manuel Pellegrini and Rafael Benitez. Maybe they could do with some of your advice.

The rest of your post is so crap that it made me chuckle. A manager, wins 3 UCL's on the trot but he isn't great, isn't good tactically. When Madrid fail, its the manager. When they win, its the players. The same players who couldn't do it under coaches like Mourinho and Benitez. As I have repeatedly mentioned, I don't really blame you guys. You can't really rate someone for winning anything because you haven't had that feeling for like eternity. You could never acknowledge how much difficult it is to win a trophy, nevertheless three on the trot. Staying in top 4 and playing in a new stadium is all you care about and that's what sums up Spurs.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Didn't seem quite so loyal when he was publically flirting with other teams in order to rinse more money out of the club.

Ban

Sometimes it's better to be first in the village than last in the city.

Poch is like that, he feels nice and cozy at Spurs, isn't expected to win something in Madrid he'd be under enormous pressure.