Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

Ban

Kane walks into the Madrid side with a blind fold on. And Poch, well, he is Madrid's no 1 target so....

The challenge at Spurs is far greater, get real. If Poch was to win the league at Spurs he'd go down in history as arguably one of their top 3 greatest ever managers, if he was to win any major trophy, he'll be remembered for ever. If he creates sustained success, he creates a legacy. Spurs are one of 6 sides in the PL that try to win the league every season. At Madrid, even if he won the CL, he would be no more than a fart in the wind. At Madrid, there are only 3 sides who can ever win the league, even in default setting, you finish top 3. The challenges are not comparable. Even medicore managers can take over at Madrid and win trophies. At Spurs, mediocre managers will get found out very quickly.

If the challenge at Spurs to win trophies is greater than Madrid, which it is right? You can't even argue that point. How is it lacking ambition to choose to stay in a job where it is HARDER to win trophies? Your post isn't logical. It is a sign of Poch's ambition that he wishes to remain at Spurs to try and win major trophies. Zidane is certainly not a great manager, I can guarantee he will likely do absolutely nothing in his career as a manger post Madrid. He isn't a great coach. Yet he's won 3 CLs. That is Madrid for you. Run of the mill managers can take over and win trophies like no tomorrow. Bringing Bale on with half an hour of a CL final doesn't make you a tactical genius ffs. He should have started.

I can smell the disappointment from United fans on here. AT first, a few days ago, when Poch was confirmed as Madrid's top target, nobody could contain their glee. "Ahaha, Poch will leave Spurs, gutted" etc etc etc. Oh wait, what's this? Poch has turned down Madrid because he WANTS TO STAY AT SPURS. Well it must be because he lacks ambition, yes that's it. How predictable. Just maybe it's because he thinks the challenge at Spurs and the job he has it fantastic at Spurs and he wants to see it through?! Maybe it's because he has complete control at Spurs and doesn't want to be Perez's bitch?!
Are you the Glaston of newbies?
Did you actually write that challenge at Spurs is far greater?
Also that part about Zidane is pretty funny. I guess Poch is a better manager so he doesn't want to go to Madrid where winning is so easy compared to Spurs.

Mister_Stubbs

This is a small victory for Spurs, maybe they’ll put it in their rather empty trophy cabinet.

Dolf

So what?

Pochettino won't be "gone" and RM won't "pay up" because there is no option for them to do so in the case of a manager who doesn't want to leave.

Of course you'll never admit that you were wrong ... you'll just continue with playing dumb.
:lol: This really bothers you doesn't it?
I'm not playing dumb, I just know how this whole circus works. As far as I know RM are still looking for a new coach, and it COULD be Poch. Like I said: If RM pay up, he will be gone. However, Marca is saying they don't want to pay up because it's a pain in the ass dealing with Levy. I never said he will be gone 100% but it's fans like you who make it look like it is absolutely impossible for him to leave while we all know crazier things have happened in football.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
"When Real Madrid call you, you have to listen to them,"
"In this case it does not depend on me."

Which Spurs fan is deluded enough to think Pochettino is not interested in managing Madrid?

Ban

"When Real Madrid call you, you have to listen to them,"
"In this case it does not depend on me."

Which Spurs fan is deluded enough to think Pochettino is not interested in managing Madrid?
But apparently he's showing huge loyalty to Spurs.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
No, his answer was ", thanks, but no thanks .... maybe next time, but I wouldn't have signed a new contract if I didn't want to stay".
Where was he quoted saying that?

I've only heard the quote on BBC:
"I take it naturally, it does not affect me at all.

"I renewed recently for five years. I am very happy with my current team, I enjoy the day to day, I am happy, but you never know what can happen."

The last sentence sounds like your typical quote from a player shortly before they leave.

Varun

Staff
Where was he quoted saying that?

I've only heard the quote on BBC:
"I take it naturally, it does not affect me at all.

"I renewed recently for five years. I am very happy with my current team, I enjoy the day to day, I am happy, but you never know what can happen."

The last sentence sounds like your typical quote from a player shortly before they leave.
In the text he sent personally to Glaston.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
But apparently he's showing huge loyalty to Spurs.
It's annoying when fans try to paint things as 'rejections' as a way to show how big their club is.

Most of these situations are not about rejections but logistics. The vast majority of players and managers are mercenaries. Only in special cases where the player is an academy player or the manager is a former player do they have loyalty.

If Madrid knew about Zidane's resignation earlier they would have gotten Poch before he signed the new contract. But he signed the new contract before all of this and so committed his future to the club.

reddaz71

Privately you can bet your bottom dollar Pochettino craves and covets the Madrid job, could happen if Levy can get a big compensation out of Perez.

TrueRed79

Spurs fans, you should know your place. Not an elite club. Don't win trophies. Sell your best players. End of story. Poch ran out the door when at Southampton. Would do the same at Spurs. Don't kid yourselves. You definitely suffer from some form of delusions of grandeur. It's embarrassing.

Varun

Staff
Privately you can bet your bottom dollar Pochettino craves and covets the Madrid job, could happen if Levy can get a big compensation out of Perez.
There are multiple things in play here imo.

Does he want the Madrid job? Obviously. He ruled himself out of the Barca job very early while he's always been coy about Madrid all the time.

Thing is, I think he's perfectly happy to not manage them now. Due to multiple reasons. Firstly, he just signed an extension meaning unless Levy agrees to waive off what Spurs are due, which he won't, Real need to cough up huge money to take him. Something they won't do. Secondly, whoever replaces Zidane basically can't win. This team has won 3 CLs on the trot. Unless he lands the treble, best he can do is match what Zidane did. Given his words post the FA Cup loss, he barely comes across as someone who fancies the pressure of landing the FA cup, let alone the craziness that is Madrid. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he's happy to let someone take over from Zidane, get sacked and then consider moving there once expectations have mellowed. Ditto with handling the Ronaldos and Bales in the squad. Lastly, he has a good thing going at Spurs and given the financial backing he's supposed to get this summer, its time to take the next step for him. Why throw it away from a job that becomes available every other year and is at the moment, a no win situation?

El Jefe

Kane walks into the Madrid side with a blind fold on. And Poch, well, he is Madrid's no 1 target so....

The challenge at Spurs is far greater, get real. If Poch was to win the league at Spurs he'd go down in history as arguably one of their top 3 greatest ever managers, if he was to win any major trophy, he'll be remembered for ever. If he creates sustained success, he creates a legacy. Spurs are one of 6 sides in the PL that try to win the league every season. At Madrid, even if he won the CL, he would be no more than a fart in the wind. At Madrid, there are only 3 sides who can ever win the league, even in default setting, you finish top 3. The challenges are not comparable. Even medicore managers can take over at Madrid and win trophies. At Spurs, mediocre managers will get found out very quickly.

If the challenge at Spurs to win trophies is greater than Madrid, which it is right? You can't even argue that point. How is it lacking ambition to choose to stay in a job where it is HARDER to win trophies? Your post isn't logical. It is a sign of Poch's ambition that he wishes to remain at Spurs to try and win major trophies. Zidane is certainly not a great manager, I can guarantee he will likely do absolutely nothing in his career as a manger post Madrid. He isn't a great coach. Yet he's won 3 CLs. That is Madrid for you. Run of the mill managers can take over and win trophies like no tomorrow. Bringing Bale on with half an hour of a CL final doesn't make you a tactical genius ffs. He should have started.

I can smell the disappointment from United fans on here. AT first, a few days ago, when Poch was confirmed as Madrid's top target, nobody could contain their glee. "Ahaha, Poch will leave Spurs, gutted" etc etc etc. Oh wait, what's this? Poch has turned down Madrid because he WANTS TO STAY AT SPURS. Well it must be because he lacks ambition, yes that's it. How predictable. Just maybe it's because he thinks the challenge at Spurs and the job he has it fantastic at Spurs and he wants to see it through?! Maybe it's because he has complete control at Spurs and doesn't want to be Perez's bitch?!
I've been thinking this for a while but this post has confirmed it.

You're the worst opposition poster on this forum.

Varun

Staff

What a load of bollocks :lol:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So, are Spurs fans known to be crazies in general, or have the Caf somehow just managed to attract every lunatic associated with Spurs?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
So, are Spurs fans known to be crazies in general, or have the Caf somehow just managed to attract every lunatic associated with Spurs?
I think this forum is a special case as all the Spuds fans I've met in real life have been fairly normal.

Liverpool fans on the other hand, had one at work start claiming Ferguson is over rated because of the class of '92 being a fluke and his influence over the FA. He was dead serious.

I think Pochettino won't go but that's because he won't push the issue due to his pooper going.

Infra-red

You'd think that Conte, Sarri and Wenger would be the easiest to do, since they're all either unemployed, or about to be.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Every single Spurs fan I met whilst working in London (which wasn't that many to be fair!) turned out to be an asshole. Kid you not.

Maybe I was just unlucky with those I met.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You'd think that Conte, Sarri and Wenger would be the easiest to do, since they're all either unemployed, or about to be.
I think it's going to be Allegri due to lack of other more worthwhile options being somewhat unavailable. Wenger would serve them well though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Best opposition fans on this forum are Madrid fans. Probably the only group without any cnuts.

Javi

To come to the conclusion that pull factors between Spurs and Madrid in the specific case of Pochettino are somewhat even is fair enough although I'd say they are in favor of Madrid. To argue that they are skewed towards Spurs is delusional.

padzilla

Hipster
I can see Poch not taking it because chances are he would be out on his ears if he doesn't win either La Liga or the CL in his first season. As glamorous as it is, there is no doubt it is something of a poisoned chalice.

El Jefe

Tbf I find @balaks and @africanspur quite reasonable. The less said about the rest, especially Glaston and Primape (sp?)

I know quite a lot of Spurs fans and the common theme is they tend to have a high opinion of themselves as a club. I can't stand Liverpool but they are somewhat justified in their delusions of grandeur but Spurs have no reason at all.

Dolf

You're confusing challenge with expectations. There are absolutely NO expectations at Spurs, expect finish top 4. Everything above that is great for them. At this point winning an FA Cup would be huge for you guys.
At Real Madrid you're EXPECTED to win the league and atleast compete untill the last stages of the CL. If you don't, you have failed and you're likely to get fired. Do you think Poch will get fired if he doesn't make top 4? Unlikely, because there are always excuses at clubs like Spurs and Liverpool. Like "it's a process" or "Next year we will do this and that".
At Real Madrid you have the whole world watching and the pressure is huge.

starman

Still think Poch is in the running, the transfer window hasn't even opened yet and hes not going to want to be at Spurs with the lure of Madrid knocking if they dont try and challenge.

That said, i think it will ultimately end up being Wegner, this season at least

Javi

I can see Poch not taking it because chances are he would be out on his ears if he doesn't win either La Liga or the CL in his first season. As glamorous as it is, there is no doubt it is something of a poisoned chalice.
While that's true that is the nature of managing a top level club almost everywhere. Personally the only reason I see Pochettino hesitating with the Madrid side of things is the current squad. There is no high energy game possible with Ronaldo and Benzema. Makes sense to me to require a squad overhaul.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
There are multiple things in play here imo.

Does he want the Madrid job? Obviously. He ruled himself out of the Barca job very early while he's always been coy about Madrid all the time.

Thing is, I think he's perfectly happy to not manage them now. Due to multiple reasons. Firstly, he just signed an extension meaning unless Levy agrees to waive off what Spurs are due, which he won't, Real need to cough up huge money to take him. Something they won't do. Secondly, whoever replaces Zidane basically can't win. This team has won 3 CLs on the trot. Unless he lands the treble, best he can do is match what Zidane did. Given his words post the FA Cup loss, he barely comes across as someone who fancies the pressure of landing the FA cup, let alone the craziness that is Madrid. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he's happy to let someone take over from Zidane, get sacked and then consider moving there once expectations have mellowed. Ditto with handling the Ronaldos and Bales in the squad. Lastly, he has a good thing going at Spurs and given the financial backing he's supposed to get this summer, its time to take the next step for him. Why throw it away from a job that becomes available every other year and is at the moment, a no win situation?
Allegri is surely tempted but extremely rational, though: he might think he has more uphill at Juve and be better poised to contend for the CL with Juve in the coming years because of Ronaldo and Messi expected decline, which is going to level the field. EDIT: at this moment, nothing coming out from Allegri, Agnelli or Marotta about this matter.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This isn't true for Managers I think.

He can resign. They can sue him for breach of contract.

They can't stop him from resigning. Wondering if specific clauses in his contract could effect things but I'd be surprised if any managers contract contained a non compete or some other clause to complicate things. One for the lawyers.

Could end up being quite legally messy.

Managers aren't treated legally in the same way as players though AFAIK. (Like when we fired Mutu and then came after him for his transfer fee.)

They are covered by normal employment laws.

I would imagine if he wants the Real Madrid job, he'll take legal advice, and we'll see soon if he's prepared to force his way out or not.