Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

RoyH1

Feck Spurs, can we get back to the next possible Real Madrid manager?

So it Klopp in the frame? Or do people think Guti may get the nod?
I don't think Klopp is in the frame to be honest. His vivacious over the top personality is a bad fit with the conservative board that runs Madrid. Not to mention that the crowd in that stadium is as demanding as La Scala hearing a foreign tenor perform an Italian opera.

I think they will end up going with Allegri or Conte. Possibly as 2 year stopgap until the likes of Guti, Raul or even Xabi Alonso are ready to to take the job.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I guess that's the difference between the elite clubs and the top clubs. Teams such as Liverpool and Spurs will settle with what they've achieved over the last 10-15 years and wouldn't mind if that continued for the unforeseen future.
Fixed ;)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I guess that's the difference between the elite clubs and the top clubs. Teams such as Liverpool and Spurs would settle with what they've achieved over the last 10-15 years and wouldn't mind if that continued for the unforeseen future.
No idea how you got that from what I wrote

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Kane, Alli and Eriksen have ALL signed new contracts. Announced soon. All three are being paid as high as they'd get anywhere else.
Has Eriksen signed a new contract? He is the only one out of those three that I think could maybe leave this season or next season.

No way Kane is going anywhere, hes about to play at the new WHL and get his contract bumped up to 200k a week, Alli still young and happy at Spurs improving his game.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A Madrid ITK is also writing about Klopp and Allegri.
Klopp demanded Salah and De Gea, Allegri didn´t demand anything. Klopp could be the chosen one

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Klopp demanded Salah and De Gea, Allegri didn´t demand anything. Klopp could be the chosen one
De Gea is crap though. Allison is better, honest :angel:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
De Gea is crap though. Allison is better, honest :angel:
I know, I saw the game of Spain yesterday :D
I didn't know he was in a position to demand anything. Thought Klopp loved Pool with a pashun. Clearly he wont rob their best player from them
I thought that he was very committed with the project. I don´t believe much the rumor

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wait, what?

By all means take Klopp and salah with him, but King David is staying put.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Real Madrid and Spurs fans are polar opposites on this forum. Exactly like their respective clubs.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tuttosport and a guy on Twitter called AgenteBernabeu. He's been a bit more reliable than many professional journalists on Madrid this year
yes, he is the Itk that I follow.

Velvet Revolver

Exactly. I'm not sure what planet people are on with Zidane. He certainly hasn't yet shown enough to be considered a world class coach. He manages Real Madrid with a squad full of world class elite talent. Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo etc etc Yes he won the CL 3 times, amazing, but I just don't see Zidane replicating success anywhere else. I'm not trying to take anything away from Zidane, but he was a figure head at Madrid, not a training ground coach. He couldn't have done what Poch has done at Spurs, which is pretty much transform the club from top to bottom.
Not sure if you are spurs fan but if you are then - So you downplay Zidane as a not so good manager, someone who has won CL 3 times on the trot something i dont think can be achieved any time soon yet Poch is world class.. i mean...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The key word you mentioned in the bold part- 'Success' what has poch done which is close to a success? I understand hope and optimism and excitement seeing your club and players do well and entertain you. But you cannot move the yardstick on what success means just to prove your stupid point!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We didn't care. For some clubs the tournament starts after the group stages.
Before using the word "we", you should check out what RM fans were saying on their forums at the time.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I wouldn't go as far as saying Real Madrid didn't care vs Spurs, but those games were not decisive, while the matches in the knockout stages were. That's why the latter are a better reference to know what the participants are capable of.

Btw, I think Spurs did rather well vs Juventus given the expectations.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I wouldn't go as far as saying Real Madrid didn't care vs Spurs, but those games were not decisive, while the matches in the knockout stages were. That's why the latter are a better reference to know what the participants are capable of.

Btw, I think Spurs did rather well vs Juventus given the expectations.
I'm hoping we're in the same group as RM again next time around.

::sonny::

They don’t need a real coach, who would fail miserably, so Guti would fit perfectly for them.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Just saw it. I remember he gave the wrong starting eleven for the final. If all his predictions are like that then it's for sure all of them will stay in their respective clubs.

He could learn to type "Klopp" and not "Kloop" btw.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Hopefully with another group stage trophy.
Obviously they would want RM in their group, a team that doesn't really need to play at top gear in group stages. Gives others a chance to qualify easily and a sense of false hope.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Scratch that - Guti's off to St Mirren if you believe the press up here.

Guti in fecking Paisley.
Guti being on the managerial shortlist for both Real Madrid and St.Mirren is pretty hilarious. Don't think Perez will go for him though

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Just saw it. I remember he gave the wrong starting eleven for the final. If all his predictions are like that then it's for sure all of them will stay in their respective clubs.

He could learn to type "Klopp" and not "Kloop" btw.
Yes, you are right, failed in the final, however in other news he usually goes a few hours ahead of the rest. He was in Kiev days before the team,published photos of training and yesterday he was in Croatia-Brazil. Surely Inda will say something at night in the chiringuito. Klopp seems very complicated, although I feel the players would like him. Guti's option seems pretty close too. Do you like Allegri?

RoyH1

Guti being on the managerial shortlist for both Real Madrid and St.Mirren is pretty hilarious. Don't think Perez will go for him though
The thing about RM, is that what works for them wouldn't necessarily work for other huge clubs. A guy like del Bosque would have been a miserable failure at United or Bayern, but he had just the right touch for the Bernabeu. What I find curious is that St. Mirren thinks that Guti might might be a good fit for them.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I still don't see Klopp going to Madrid, his personality doesn't seem to suit them at all.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The thing about RM, is that what works for them wouldn't necessarily work for other huge clubs. A guy like del Bosque would have been a miserable failure at United or Bayern, but he had just the right touch for the Bernabeu. What I find curious is that St. Mirren thinks that Guti might might be a good fit for them.
I always was very critical of Del Bosque, kind of using similar reasonings to the one you made, but almost every player I know has him in great estimation, so he probably did something well. I remember someone, an academy player (I don't remember the name) saying how his training sessions were much better than the ones of his sucessors. Ronaldo said he was one of the best coaches he had, that he was an excellent man manager, had a vast football knowledge and could transmit the essential stuff in 5 minutes while others would need one hour and a half. Roberto Carlos also had a similar opinion, and said he was one of the best he had. Roberto Carlos had Heynckes, Capello, Luxemburgo, Queiroz, Hiddink, plus the ones at Brazil etc, so that says something.

It's also impossible to know what he would have done at United or Bayern. It's useless to imagine the outcome. In 2000 Madrid were horrible before his appointment, he switched to 3CBs and 2 wing backs with Redondo alone in the middle and the results started to be good again.

Just because some successful coach doesn't shout all the time or lacks an aggresive aura on him, doesn't meant he isn't damn good at what he does.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was there any specific post that coincided with the title change? I'd like to have a laugh...

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, you are right, failed in the final, however in other news he usually goes a few hours ahead of the rest. He was in Kiev days before the team,published photos of training and yesterday he was in Croatia-Brazil. Surely Inda will say something at night in the chiringuito. Klopp seems very complicated, although I feel the players would like him. Guti's option seems pretty close too. Do you like Allegri?
I don't know much about Allegri to be honest, neither do I know about his availability.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Allegri says no to Madrid.He thinks that It's not the moment to change club