g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And in el chiringuito..."his mother died three days ago and he doesn't want to leave Italy"

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Allegri says no to Madrid.He thinks that It's not the moment to change club
The list is getting shorter each week. Sarri may be the one left on the market, now that he probably won't go to Chelsea and can't go back to Napoli.

Conte maybe, but he is still not sacked and Chelsea seems to take ages to decide on the managerial position.

Are there not any good managerial talents in LaLiga? What about that bloke from Valencia? He got them into top4 after years of mediocrity after all.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Remember the start of the Mike Bassett film where England are scraping the barrel for a new manager?

Bojan11

It’s a hard job.

I’m sure Guti doesn’t want it too. His first job and he’d be under huge pressure following the success of Zidane. He’d probably prefer coming in after Zidanes successor.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid might aswell go into the new season with no manager then :lol:

If it’s not Allegri or Pochettino I don’t think the new manager will last until Christmas

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
No presser from Turin, so no news, not yet. Point is Allegri put Juve back there with the european giants or almost there and Ronaldo / Messi are possibly declining in the near future. He may feel Juve’s chances to win the CL once in the next 2-3 years are better or more illustrious for his CV than surviving Zidane’s impossible shadow at Real? The man is extremely rational and pragmatic, you all should know by now. Real may hire Conte to win La Liga, though.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Poor Real Madrid .... no one wants the job.

Probably best to give it to Neymar then ... after all he has masses of Instagram followers.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The list is getting shorter each week. Sarri may be the one left on the market, now that he probably won't go to Chelsea and can't go back to Napoli.

Conte maybe, but he is still not sacked and Chelsea seems to take ages to decide on the managerial position.

Are there not any good managerial talents in LaLiga? What about that bloke from Valencia? He got them into top4 after years of mediocrity after all.
It could be anybody. Every day new names appear.
Marcelino has done very well but perhaps lacks name. He also has a reputation for having a controversial character.
Now the press speculate that Zidane had no intention of resigning, and if he did it was because of a discussion with Florentino.
It would be sad if his departure has been caused by that.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane has probably chosen the best timing for him to quit but the worst one for Real Madrid to find a new coach. These decisions to hire a new manager are not taken in just a couple of weeks, it normally requires months to contact the candidates for a new season and in June most of them will know what their future will be.

HorrorFan07

Scolari would be a good fit. Remember him!? the one that got away for England.. ala Cloughy.

SirAF

Ageist
They might have to end up making a play for Klopp if the want a "name".

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
At this rate, they might be back on the phone to Levy......
... who'll then pass the call through to our U-18s manager, who did once take a long weekend break in Madrid.

Last edited:

RoyH1

Is this the thread for the Real Madrid coaching search? Or the greatness of Tottenham Hotspur one?

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Real is radioactive decay now. No one wants to touch it first waiting for others get burned.

Quite a development. They very well may end up with Perez's old school mate's uncle who used to coach back in the day. Or Wenger :lol:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
None of the big managerial names tossed around look interested in what essentially is a poisoned chalice. Conte? Wenger? An old club legend? Time for Moysie to shine?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
As i said earlier Vicente Del Bosque is the answer for Madrid BUT Perez will never appoint him again. So probably one of Wenger/Conte or Sarri has a real chance to be their next coach.

JSArsenal

As i said earlier Vicente Del Bosque is the answer for Madrid BUT Perez will never appoint him again. So probably one of Wenger/Conte or Sarri has a real chance to be their next coach.

What happened between Del Bosque and Madrid? I know he was sacked twice by Madrid but does it go deeper than that?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What happened between Del Bosque and Madrid? I know he was sacked twice by Madrid but does it go deeper than that?

Not sure about it. There was seemingly a mutiny in a restaurant called El Txistu just after winning the league in 2003. There had been, among other things, disagreements on some of the signings, Hierro and Del Bosque being in one of the sides and Florentino and Valdano in the other. The signings had been Ronaldo in the first place, and Beckham afterwards, which were controversial because players like Morientes and Guti were affected by them. Both Guti and Morientes were very liked by the rest of the squad. It's been a while since the last time I read about it but what it happened was never clear to me anyway.

Del Bosque finished his 4 year contract and was offered a different position in the club but he rejected it. Hierro didn't continue, although he was 35 years old, so that was not that strange. He suffered a little bit vs Nedved in CL, if I recall correctly. I don't remember if he had contract or not.

The mutiny was so big that most of the players didn't want to celebrate the league, but they got convinced in the end, except for Ronaldo and McManaman or so it seems.

Dunno, I would like to read a more neutral version of the story to be honest, maybe someone could provide it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh. What i want to see is some big player signing. Manager, if we do things right almost anyone would do

Come on Flo, do your job and get UEFA to force PSG to let Neymar go :drool:

AmanNits04

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the reason that made Zidane quit the job? There is no problem about money, legacy, three champions league. World class attraction for players. What else do they need

AmanNits04

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the reason that made Zidane quit the job? There is no problem about money, legacy, three succesive champions league. World class attraction for players. What else do they need

RoyH1

I wouldn't rule out someone completely out of the box like Martinez (Belgium coach) or Lopetegui (Spain). It's a scary job and it takes someone who has nothing to lose to go for it.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Not followed this saga very close, but i can't really think of many top managers that are available now.
Maybe Sarri if he doesn't go to Chelsea? Not that i know much about him either, but he seems to be the hipster choice these days.

A Madrid ITK is also writing about Klopp and Allegri.
Klopp demanded Salah and De Gea, Allegri didn´t demand anything. Klopp could be the chosen one
So if Real get Klopp, but we refuse to sell DDG, they'll have an unhappy gk, because the new manager pretty much said he doesn't like their current gk?
Good move!

Hopefully you'll stay in the newbies.
This thread shows how some can still be 'new member' after 5 years :p

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can anyone tell me what exactly is the reason that made Zidane quit the job? There is no problem about money, legacy, three champions league. World class attraction for players. What else do they need
Something along the lines of the team needing fresh insights and that he feels he peaked with Real and wants to take time off.

AmanNits04

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the reason that made Zidane quit the job? There is no problem about money, legacy, three succesive champions league. World class attraction for players. What else do they need

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I just told you mate, see 1 comment up.

James Peril

Could be numerous, most importantly, probably wants to live outside the spotlight and pressure. Wine, food, sun, luxury... no training ground, media, interviews, games every weekend... time with his familiy etc. If you’ve won the CL three times in a row, how can you motivate yourself anymore? The man’s full.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not followed this saga very close, but i can't really think of many top managers that are available now.
Maybe Sarri if he doesn't go to Chelsea? Not that i know much about him either, but he seems to be the hipster choice these days.

So if Real get Klopp, but we refuse to sell DDG, they'll have an unhappy gk, because the new manager pretty much said he doesn't like their current gk?
Good move!

This thread shows how some can still be 'new member' after 5 years :p
I'm not even offended ;)