Next Spurs manager?

Castia

Reckon he could be a good fit at Spurs. Don't underestimate the guy. Definately an upgrade on Mourinho. Feck the cv he's got other qualities!

I don't watch much Italian football these days but looking at his record it looks really poor/mediocre? he did 18 months at Milan and 18 months at Napoli and 20 days at Fiorentina? Unless I'm reading it wrong he's never even finished inside the top 4 and his stock was obviously falling tasking the Fiorentina job they've been a bottom side team for years now.

This is going to be fun. I cant wait for the drama to unfold.

James Peril

Is Gattuso even a good manager? Seems like desperate times for Spurs.
Gattuso is in the same category as Ole Solskjær, is he even a manager!? Difference being Ole is a nice and calm fellow, Gattuso is confrontational and angry, the opposite of all values you need to create togetherness except for that going to war-nonsense. This will be a proper self-destructive shit show, can’t wait!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do they have a say? Managers aren't confined to their contracts like players are if I'm not mistaken.
In terms of contracts they are in the same situation, the difference is the worth of said contracts and how much a club could demand from the manager if he unilaterally broke it. The difference for players is the FIFA registration a player cannot play without being registered and FIFA generally don't allow the transfer of registration when players are involved in legal conflicts.

saivet

Gattuso is in the same category as Ole Solskjær, is he even a manager!? Difference being Ole is a nice and calm fellow, Gattuso is confrontational and angry, the opposite of all values you need to create togetherness except for that going to war-nonsense. This will be a proper self-destructive shit show, can’t wait!
Now Jose is gone, I don't even mind Spurs but that sounds like it will be fun to watch :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
See Wolves for the model. Spurs would be Mendes adding another good option for his managers and players.
I was thinking about a manager leaving a club because his agent can't fleece his club.

Kaos

As much of a meme appointment this would be, I'd love Gattuso in the PL. The guy is a certified mentalist, his touchline antics alone in the London derby games would be a sight to behold :D

sugar_kane

Levy doing a decent job of making our club hierarchy look less shit which takes some doing.

Big shout out to Perez and the Madrid Massive on that front as well.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Banter club :lol:

Mou has confined Glaston to India for the foreseeable future.

slored1

Might be the most shambolic managerial recruitment process of all time. Levy has absolutely put himself out as a crap businessman and a cnut.

Idxomer

Kane will do all he could to leave, it's gonna be a fun summer after the Euros.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've given up even trying to guess what my club is doing. Just looks an utter mess right now.

hobbers

I dont rate either of them but imagine fecking off Fonseca for Gattuso. :lol:

Sort of like having all but signed a deal with Moyes and then Roy Keane announces his return to management so you leave Moyes stranded at the airport.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Spurs making a farce out of getting s new manager!
seriously though I think they will do ok next season. They were top last november and conceded late equalisers in a crazy number of games they should have won.
its only when Jose went uber defensive and that failed to stop the defensive howlers that it started to fall apart.
Theres a decent team there especially if Kane stays, so with expectations lowered i can see them being in and around the chase for 4th - finishing 5th would be my prediction

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I sadly concur, there is not thinking behind dropping Fonseca (who I was warming too) to chase after a fecking mad man with no CV.
Players were wary of having to deal with Conte and now they have a genuine mental case that doesn't really speak english.
He also choked Joe Jordan at the San Siro a few years ago :lol: This season is going to be great.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
By the way Martinez will be available after euros surely. Levy and Roberto Martinez both balds made for each other and can take bald selfies. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They are.
In terms of contracts they are in the same situation, the difference is the worth of said contracts and how much a club could demand from the manager if he unilaterally broke it. The difference for players is the FIFA registration a player cannot play without being registered and FIFA generally don't allow the transfer of registration when players are involved in legal conflicts.
Yeah this makes sense. So it's easier to free a manager than a player. Thanks for the explanation!

RedDevil@84

So Gattuso will have a joining condition that Levy will agree to buy all Mendes players?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
They are.
Yeah this makes sense. So it's easier to free a manager than a player. Thanks for the explanation!
We had a discussion about this in the context of the strange managerial carousel of last season's Bundesliga.
Legal issues aside, the thing worth keeping in mind that at the end of the day it's just impractical for a club to force a manager to continue in his contract when he clearly wants out, as the position of the manager and its performance is so sensitive and influential for the performance of the whole team. It's just too big of a risk.

It's possible, even if not particularly helpful, to force a player to stay, and if he sulks and doesn't perform, one player can be benched without the whole team tanking. If a manager is refusing to perform or his performance negatively affected by the situation, it affects everything, and the facts will sooner or later necessitate a sacking anyway. See as an example, Favre in his last, very short, season at Gladbach.

That's another reason why the transfer market for managers isn't like it is for players.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Nothing about taxes: The club just dropped the offer to Fonseca. If it's because Gattuso left Firenze, thats another story. Probably a swap now: Fonseca will probably sign for Fiorentina as the press also suggests.

Cloud7

Is Gattuso as much of a madman as manager as he was as a player, or is he calm now? If Spurs get him can we expect any antics from him?

BFernandes

Is Gattuso as much of a madman as manager as he was as a player, or is he calm now? If Spurs get him can we expect any antics from him?
He's still bat shit crazy. As shown by walking out of Fiorentina after just 22 days.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did the Glazers slip Levi a few million to make them look competent in this window and take the banter away from us?