Next Spurs manager?

luke511

What the feck is happening at Spurs?
Gattuso, oh dear :lol: the funny thing is Tottenham fans will probably prefer him to a manager like Dyche, who would do a really good job at Tottenham given the state they're in.

diarm

I wonder what odds I'd get that he won't make the first game of the season?

luke511

Surely Potter is better than Dyche?
In the two seasons Potter's been manager of Brighton, Burnley have 11 points more than Brighton despite spending less money and a smaller squad. That's not taking anything away from Potter, he's a good manager as well, but Dyche is more established out of the two.

The Firestarter

In the two seasons Potter's been manager of Brighton, Burnley have 11 points more than Brighton despite spending less money and a smaller squad. That's not taking anything away from Potter, he's a good manager as well, but Dyche is more established out of the two.
Potter seems to fit Tottenham's expected paying style more.

bsCallout

They could at least go the old player route, get in Ledley King and give a black coach a top job for once.

RU Devil

Really can't see this ending well. Gattuso & Mendes will be butting heads with Paratici soon enough. I think Spurs have to find another candidate.

Castia

This is hilarious. We're about one more manager turning the job down away from seeing a job posting on Indeed.com.

Also, Fonseca wasn't aware of tax in the UK? Bollocks.

The worst part is Levy is clearly taking the advice of this new director of football....2 failed managers in Italy his recommendations? this whole thing has disaster written all over it

Who in the hell suggests Fonseca then when that falls through goes for Gattuso??

Sweet Square

They could at least go the old player route, get in Ledley King and give a black coach a top job for once.
We don't know the details but it was very odd that Mason got the caretaker role over King. Considering King was assistant first team coach under Mourinho.

crossy1686

career ending
The worst part is Levy is clearly taking the advice of this new director of football....2 failed managers in Italy his recommendations? this whole thing has disaster written all over it

Who in the hell suggests Fonseca then when that falls through goes for Gattuso??
For what it's worth, I don't think Gattuso is a bad manager, he's done well in the jobs he's had at the bigger teams when their stocks were at all time lows, proper shit shows he 's managed to sort out. However, he'd probably be more suited to a Newcastle than a Tottenham.

If Gattuso falls through they're probably looking at Pirlo next...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Honestly they should pursue Ten Hag, although he will be in European football so I wouldn't be surprised if he snubbed. Potter too looks good.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Honestly they should pursue Ten Hag, although he will be in European football so I wouldn't be surprised if he snubbed. Potter too looks good.
I don't think any big club is going to let their coach go now.

simplyared

Reckon he could be a good fit at Spurs. Don't underestimate the guy. Definately an upgrade on Mourinho. Feck the cv he's got other qualities!

Referring to Fonseca. Didn't realize it had fallen through. Gattuso ffs!

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think any big club is going to let their coach go now.
Do they have a say? Managers aren't confined to their contracts like players are if I'm not mistaken.

Duffer1953

For what it's worth, I don't think Gattuso is a bad manager, he's done well in the jobs he's had at the bigger teams when their stocks were at all time lows, proper shit shows he 's managed to sort out. However, he'd probably be more suited to a Newcastle than a Tottenham.

If Gattuso falls through they're probably looking at Pirlo next...
or Big Sam :)

saivet

Is Gattuso even a good manager? Seems like desperate times for Spurs.