Next Spurs manager?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Where's all my Graham Potter people at, the ones that wanted him to take over for Ole

Pep's Suit

I think Parker or Hassenhutl but that will only cement their position somewhere between 6th and 9th.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Maybe not but I want to make lots of "who is Sarri now?" type puns.
Please we will get enough shit with being a super club. We need someone young who we are willing to give time to again, Nagelsmann is the dream but highly unlikely, I do like Parker and ten Hag's style of play. Hell if Mason does well until the end of the season and wins the league cup it would be hard no to give him the role.

pss

Nagelsman, Hasenhuttl, Potter or Bielsa seems to check all the boxes. Not sure if Potter wants to move his family again (heard somewhere they value stability after moving around a lot recently). If I had to guess it is going to be one of the germans.

Oldyella

Where's all my Graham Potter people at, the ones that wanted him to take over for Ole
Think he could do well there. Problem with his team is they can't stick the ball in the net, wouldn't have that issue with Kane and Son.

jasson

It is difficult to tell them ahead of time because we are not them! Let time answer

acnumber9

How is the man who currently has Southampton with one point more than Steve Bruce at Newcastle still getting his name linked to bigger jobs?

Pep's Suit

Nagelsman, Hasenhuttl, Potter or Bielsa seems to check all the boxes. Not sure if Potter wants to move his family again (heard somewhere they value stability after moving around a lot recently). If I had to guess it is going to be one of the germans.
If you finish 2nd in BuLi two seasons in a row your next club will be Bayern or Chelsea, I think. The only difference between Leipzig and Tottenham is he'd earn 2-3x as much in England but they don't challenge for PL/CL titles.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If you finish 2nd in BuLi two seasons in a row your next club will be Bayern or Chelsea, I think. The only difference between Leipzig and Tottenham is he'd earn 2-3x as much in England but they don't challenge for PL/CL titles.
Yeah I agree BM is the favourite for him, but with BM saying they weren't willing to buy a manager out of his contract, they are really putting the pressure on Nagelsman to shit on RBL. He is my favourite for sure but it would be a tough sell.

Infra-red

It looks like if Nagelsmann leaves, it will only be to go to Bayern.

Spurs' most likely options are probably Hasenhuttl, Potter and, judging by reports, Sarri. I see the Athletic have also linked them with Marcelino, which would be a leftfield choice, although he's a solid manager.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It'll be Sarri, right?
I saw that link, Levy has weird fetish for ex Chelsea managers. He signed up AVB a couple of months after Chelsea had ditched him after his torrid six months.

I know he finished quite high up in 2012/13 but look back at the results and Bale scored so many wonder goals that season to win games late on it was ridiculous and it all quickly went wrong the next season after he left.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Why would Levy go for Potter, a manager who is meant to better than Chris Houghton but can only finish in and around the same position he did? Brighton haven't really progressed under him, especially results wise. The way people talk about him is like he's the kind of manager who would take a 16th placed team to about 10th or even 7th. But he's not. If Spurs get him, it's going to be Martinez 2.0.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah I agree BM is the favourite for him, but with BM saying they weren't willing to buy a manager out of his contract, they are really putting the pressure on Nagelsman to shit on RBL. He is my favourite for sure but it would be a tough sell.
Did we say that? I don't think we did.
The German FA said that with regards to the NT manager job, and it's a topic of contention now between Bayern and DFB over Flick.

But since, as far as I can see, Bayern's top candidates are ten Hag and Nagelsmann, we will surely have to pay for our next manager, since both are under contract for longer than this summer.
Question with Nagelsmann is just, will he want to come, and if so, how much does it take. Reportedly RB would want 15-20m.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Did we say that? I don't think we did.
The German FA said that with regards to the NT manager job, and it's a topic of contention now between Bayern and DFB over Flick.

But since, as far as I can see, Bayern's top candidates are ten Hag and Nagelsmann, we will surely have to pay for our next manager, since both are under contract for longer than this summer.
Question with Nagelsmann is just, will he want to come, and if so, how much does it take. Reportedly RB would want 15-20m.
Who would your prefer? The only thing about ten Hag is Ajax managers transitioning well from the club.

If I got that part wrong I apologise. Isn't Flick pissed at your Sporting director, I mean that's why he is leaving?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Who would your prefer? The only thing about ten Hag is Ajax managers transitioning well from the club.

If I got that part wrong I apologise. Isn't Flick pissed at your Sporting director, I mean that's why he is leaving?
No need to apologize, obviously, we're just talking..

I'd be happy with any of ten Hag and Nagelsmann.

Blood Mage

Hasenhuttl, ten Hag or Nuno would be good picks for them. Howe is overrated and would be out of his depth (so I hope they get him) and Nagelsmann will hold out for a bigger club IMO.

FatTails

Has anyone suggested Wenger yet? :angel:
He’d be perfect. Plays good football, managed to keep Arsenal in the CL and won FA cups along the way as Arsenal were paying for their fancy stadium, and is by all accounts a top manager. Arsenal have been a joke since he left.

If you remove the tribalism out of it, I don’t know why Spurs fans wouldn’t want him.