Neymar | 2015/2016

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Not true everything has to go through him by his own demands and that takes away alot. Same as Ronaldo's effect on Bale.
Does he feck. Suárez and Neymar score hatfuls from Messi's passes and miss another 2 for each time they score.

ottosec

He's obviously dreaming of sunny Manchester and the lifetime supply of Mister Potato chips and Casillero del Diablo Woody promised him. No wonder his head in not in the game.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Does he feck. Suárez and Neymar score hatfuls from Messi's passes and miss another 2 for each time they score.
But they score way more than Henry, Ibra, Sanchez and Pedro ever did. They must be doing something right..

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
But they score way more than Henry, Ibra, Sanchez and Pedro ever did. They must be doing something right..
They are, they're fantastic players. Not saying otherwise, just saying Messi helps them much, much, much more than he hinders them.

criticalanalysis

Ronaldo would be at PSG, Bale at United. That meant United would've won under Moyes and he'd still be in charge. LvG unemployed, would enter into a manic depressive state. Di Maria not going to United also, would've triggered a series of butterfly effects causing Algeria to win the 2014 world cup.
The crazy thing about that last bit was that Algeria very well could have won it :/

They were very very good against Germany. That Algerian side was basically the French under 21s. Very technically gifted and athletic too. They matched them stride for stride.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's just not that good, trust me

I mean good enough to be top5 in the world, but won't be best in the world..
I don't know about that.

Was the best player in the world when Messi was out IMO.

It's more mental with him I think.

RooneyLegend

They are, they're fantastic players. Not saying otherwise, just saying Messi helps them much, much, much more than he hinders them.
He hinders Neymar cause he plays the role that Neymar is best at. Neymar plays his best football in a barca shirt when messi isn't there. Even for Brazil he has really dominant games of the sort he really hasn't had for barca with messi around.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I honestly feel he should go to United and rebuild the team. That would be the best for his brand. EPL is not that hard nowadays to shine as before.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He hinders Neymar cause he plays the role that Neymar is best at. Neymar plays his best football in a barca shirt when messi isn't there. Even for Brazil he has really dominant games of the sort he really hasn't had for barca with messi around.
Nah. There's pretty much no difference in Neymar's role. It's just that he's been playing terribly. He's still receiving loads of passes where he tries to either take his man on or start an attack, he's just been doing it really badly. When he was in red hot form he would receive, say, 10% more passes. But that doesn't change the role. It just means there's little quality on the other flank so his side gets used a wee bit more. Sometimes things just click, and sometimes they don't.

Woodzy

It's quite hard to stand out when Messi is the best player in the world by default and Suarez is scoring as if he is playing against Norwich in every game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I honestly feel he should go to United and rebuild the team. That would be the best for his brand. EPL is not that hard nowadays to shine as before.
Sorry the left flank is Martials.

please come to us

NYC

Don't think Thiago will get it back.... So, Marcelo might be the new Captain of Brazil.

Also, Neymar did the right thing giving up the armband... Now, Ronaldo and Messi should do the same.

For a player so young and for a country with so much football tradition, I cannot believe the sole burden of Brazil football was placed on him at such a young age.

Funny thing is that the 2012 team was far superior than the 2016 team, however, Rafael really f up the Olympics gold medal game.

Last edited:

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Simply based in his performances for the NT, he fully deserved the armband.

Fenomeno9

Simply based in his performances for the NT, he fully deserved the armband.
The moment he got the armband. His performances started declining for the NT. At one point, he had more yellow cards and suspensions than goals. This is a great decision to relinquish the armband. Now, he can just concentrate on his game and not worry about all the added pressure the armband brought especially for Brazil.