Neymar and PSG mocking Haaland (or his celebration)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Neymar after the goal

PSG after the game

UDontMessWith24

Yet another answer to the question of why he'll never be on Ronaldo and Messi's level despite having the talent to do so. Overgrown child who will most likely end up with less CL winner's medal than Haaland when both of their careers are over.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Honestly one of the best lines of commentary applies here, "no one ever boos a bad player."

The fact that the hired guns of an oil state are mocking a 19 year old from Norway who wasn't even on the radar of the elite sides last summer says way more about them than it does him.

He has been has Dortmund for 3 months and is already being mocked, and someone with his bottle will be watching this and gearing up to score 30 in the league next year.

thepolice123

Haaland did not do himself any favours with the arrogant social media posts. The tie was far from over and he's only 19 in his first top flight season.

That said PSG hardly busked themselves in glory. They are mocking and bullying a teenager who is almost a good decade younger than some of them. Extremely petty and small time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm really petty so I think it's brilliant.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Yet another answer to the question of why he'll never be on Ronaldo and Messi's level despite having the talent to do so. Overgrown child who will most likely end up with less CL winner's medal than Haaland when both of their careers are over.
I don't know where this stereotype comes from, but his talent his nowhere near Ronaldo/Messi.

But yeah, he's a twat.

Nickelodeon

Seriously. An entire team mocking a 19-year old. The state of the club. Seems quite childish and nonsensical.

RedCurry

You could say they are trying to bully a 19 year old. But a 19 year old doing that obnoxious celebration against them could have rubbed them the wrong way. Footballers at that level are highly competitive individuals and I honestly don’t see too much wrong with this. It’s not like Haaland will go home and cry about this.

SATA

What did Haaland do on social media other than celebrating like he did on the pitch? PSG look like a right bunch of cnuts doing that to a 19 year old

Hawks2008

Based

Haaland started it when he put up that 'my city, not yours' snap after the first leg

Last edited:

UDontMessWith24

I don't know where this stereotype comes from, but his talent his nowhere near Ronaldo/Messi.

But yeah, he's a twat.
Drive is crucial to maximizing talent but it’s just my honest opinion I don’t think his raw ability falls short of theirs. I don’t think he is or ever will reach his full potential.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Why? Seems excessive for a team to mock a 19 year old.

Or are they just elated they reached through CL rounds after fecking ages? Shows a lack of class

Last edited:

It's B Rubble

If a 19 year old striker from a European club claimed Manchester “was his city” before a huge match, our players wouldn’t do this... BUT our fans would let him know :lol:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Its just good light hearted provocation. In the 90s there was much more of it, people didn't take everything as a declaration of war. You do something funny, the other team replies after beating you, no harm is done. If Cantona did it, people would find it hilarious

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wow!! People really are easily outraged these days. I don't see anything terrible about a little mockery. It's not like they were jumping in his face.

Canagel

Unreal shithousery. Some of you people are really soft, if you don't want to be trolled don't give it out then. What goes around comes around

RedDevil@84

Classic case of chat sh**t, get banged.

If not for the generic hate that people have for PSG and its owners, this would have been just a banter. Social and print media did expect PSG to be Haaland'ed royally, but PSG came up with a plan and managed to keep him silent and sent Dortmund packing.

I believe Haaland can take what he dishes out as well. He doesn't become a top banter in morning and become a poor innocent kid at night.

Champagne Football

Neymar is the king of provocative dancing goal celebrations. Yet he does not delay to rush to social media to claim cheating, if he's on a losing team in a big game.

Someone will put PSG out of their misery in the next round of the CL, and the only one smiling will be Herrera, still pinching himself he's on 300,000 a week to warm the bench.

BlackBen

Brilliant. I personally love it. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.

Still hate PSG, can’t wait till the cnuts are knocked out in the next round.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Didn't know this was the trigger.

Dont think Neymar uploaded with that caption, it was just "Paris our city, not yours".