Neymar joins PSG on a five year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Purley King

Because it's not game, you don't play with other clubs players and you definitely don't try to put them in a difficult position.
Why the feck not?
Who have we ever signed from Barca anyway? Pique? That's about it.
Couldn't care less if it fecks them off......

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Madrid and Barca have done that for years now. Bayern too a little bit less.
No, they don't make offers just to make sure a player gets more money, they make offers for players they want and players that want to join them. They don't play around.

Why the feck not?
Who have we ever signed from Barca anyway? Pique? That's about it.
Couldn't care less if it fecks them off......
Because you open the pandora box and they will do the exact same thing to you, everyone will lose. It's the same logic than the Webster rule not being used.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Just out of curiosity If you had a choice between Neymar for 200 million pounds and sign nobody else this summer or Lukaku, lindeloff, perisic and matic for 200 million which would you have taken?
The latter. The former leaves us with just one striker.

Flytan

No, they don't make offers just to make sure a player gets more money, they make offers for players they want and players that want to join them. They don't play around.

Because you open the pandora box and they will do the exact same thing to you, everyone will lose. It's the same logic than the Webster rule not being used.

So what they've done with De Gea for years (Madrid) is not playing around?

Not to mention Barca with Verratti this summer.

The Purley King

Just googled Webster rule and it's completely different.
I read on another thread today that release clauses are compulsory in Spain. Not sure that is true or not. But why not put them to the test?
Front up with the money and cause a few decisions to be made.....

JPRouve

Scout
So what they've done with De Gea for years (Madrid) is not playing around?

Not to mention Barca with Verratti this summer.
No, they have the support of the players.

JPRouve

Scout
Just googled Webster rule and it's completely different.
I read on another thread today that release clauses are compulsory in Spain. Not sure that is true or not. But why not put them to the test?
Front up with the money and cause a few decisions to be made.....
I know that it's different, what I'm telling you is that clubs have a certain amount of respect between each others which is why, for example, they don't use the Webster ruling. And my problem is with your logic that you do it without knowing if the player is okay with it and with the motivation that even if he wasn't interested it would hurt Barcelona in their negotiation. You don't do that.

If you want Neymar and Neymar wants to join, you can trigger the clause but you don't trigger the clause just to hurt an other club.

Rusholme Ruffian

If you want Neymar and Neymar wants to join, you can trigger the clause but you don't trigger the clause just to hurt an other club.
I hear what you're saying, but I seriously doubt whether Madrid and Barca give two fecks about any other club, cos they know that they can pretty much attract whoever they want anyway.

I doubt Arsenal fans think that Barca had much in the way of business ethics with the way they went about re-signing Fabregas...

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
If there is even the sniff of a chance at this we need to be all over it.

The most valuable player in the world in terms of talent, age and marketability. 200mil for ten years of the world's best player would be money well spent and that's exactly what he's going to be for much of the 2020's.
If there is a 1% chance of him leaving we better outbid PSG.

Griezmann @ £100M
>>>
Neymar @ £200M

Griezmann is just 26 and there's only a year difference between the two anyways in terms of age.

As for the first quote, we already have Pogba who does a great deal of marketing for us anyways so don't really have to worry about that. Second quote, not really. Let PSG pay up double the price for Griezmann and we'll gladly take Griezmann and can use that extra £100M not spent on Neymar to upgrade on other positions of need. Getting Griezmann at his reported price vs Neymar's would undoubtedly be the most efficient and cost effective option. Not to mention there's not that big of a difference between them; both players are generally neck and neck when it comes to on the pitch ability.

Dazzmondo

Hope Barca gets desperate and breaks their wage structure for him.

Then it all spirals out of control.

To be honest, Neymar deserves the big contract more that Messi. Barcelona should've cashed in with Messi
??? Eh... no. Barcelona shouldn't 'cash in' on the best player in the world. That would be one of the dumbest things ever unless the player was actually pushing for a move. You don't willingly get rid of a player you can't replace

The Purley King

I know that it's different, what I'm telling you is that clubs have a certain amount of respect between each others which is why, for example, they don't use the Webster ruling. And my problem is with your logic that you do it without knowing if the player is okay with it and with the motivation that even if he wasn't interested it would hurt Barcelona in their negotiation. You don't do that.

Bottom line is that the player is a commodity and he has a clearly defined price.
You want to buy him? Pony up and see what happens.
It's actually far more honest than all the underhand shit that goes on routinely...

JPRouve

Scout
I hear what you're saying, but I seriously doubt whether Madrid and Barca give two fecks about any other club, cos they know that they can pretty much attract whoever they want anyway.

I doubt Arsenal fans think that Barca had much in the way of business ethics with the way they went about re-signing Fabregas...
It should be simple understand, you don't make an offer just because it would make contract negotiations tougher for the other club, that's not what Barcelona did with Fabregas and for what it's worth Arsenal the kings of pouching young players can do one.

JPRouve

Scout
Bottom line is that the player is a commodity and he has a clearly defined price.
You want to buy him? Pony up and see what happens.
It's actually far more honest than all the underhand shit that goes on routinely...
But you don't make an offer just to weaken the negotiation stand of a club which is what you suggested.

Ra5hid

It was last summer when it first broke that we were willing to pay his release clause, and when everyone thought it was bullshit his father confirmed our interest in court saying we were interested and willing to pay. Im sure if these reports of psg are true then woodward wont be doing nothing. Woodward isnt in the states with the squad maybe he is working behind the scenes who knows

Rusholme Ruffian

It should be simple understand, you don't make an offer just because it would make contract negotiations tougher for the other club, that's not what Barcelona did with Fabregas and for what it's worth Arsenal the kings of pouching young players can do one.
Yeah, I know it wasn't the same thing with Fabregas - it was just an example of Barca not having much in the way of ethics when it suits them.

Dazzmondo

Just out of curiosity If you had a choice between Neymar for 200 million pounds and sign nobody else this summer or Lukaku, lindeloff, perisic and matic for 200 million which would you have taken?
I mean, I think we'd need a cm and striker. I'd have gladly gone without Lindelof and Perisic but we needed Lukaku or a striker of similar quality. We also needed some cm for depth. I'd take Lukaku, a cheap cm, and Neymar over Lukaku, Lindelof, Perisic, and Matic

The Purley King

But you don't make an offer just to weaken the negotiation stand of a club which is what you suggested.
No, you offer because you want to buy him. Ldo!
If he doesn't want to come then fair enough you tried.
As a bonus it creates a headache for Barca....

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, I know it wasn't the same thing with Fabregas - it was just an example of Barca not having much in the way of ethics when it suits them.
It's not even about ethics, it's about not opening the pandora box. And Barcelona didn't do anything that Arsenal or any other club would do and that's different to making dubious offers with the ulterior motives to create havoc in a club.

Rusholme Ruffian

It's not even about ethics, it's about not opening the pandora box. And Barcelona didn't do anything that Arsenal or any other club would do and that's different to making dubious offers with the ulterior motives to create havoc in a club.
I think you're missing the point. The point of making a bid is to attempt to sign the player - that is the primary objective. Who knows, maybe seeing something like United making their interest public would be a sign of just how much we want him...whereas at Barca he will always be behind Messi in the pecking order. If it then turns out to make a bit of a problem for Barca then so be it.

JPRouve

Scout
I highly doubt that for 220m.
According to journos around PSG, he is the one player they want and they have been trying to convince him. Apparently they thought that they had a real chance last summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would be horrible if this happened anywhere near the release clause. It'd be like old times where the world record went to a level so far beyond what'd been paid before it seemed incredible.

You wonder what level of price it'll all peak at before every profit stream is maximised and it all starts falling apart.
I suppose the one last untapped one in English football is clubs individually selling their tv rights. But for a lot, they'd surely get less than the collective tv deal, and only the top 6 would cream in way more

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I am confident that even at the sums discussed, Woody would throw our hat in.

We need a superstar.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Not so sure.
He can earn similar money in an easier league in France.
There's a few Brazilian lads he knows at PSG.
Live in Paris or Manchester..
Yes, we really are. It's not even close.

Our problem in the past was we wouldn't pay market rate top wages.

That is not the case anymore.

ottosec

200m is insane, but I think that Neymar is the most valuable player in the world at this time. He has the perfect blend of talent, age and marketability.

It's a shame that he has to play second fiddle to Messi, but I don't think that being the main man at PSG is much better for his image and development.

Moonred

Yes, we really are. It's not even close.

Our problem in the past was we wouldn't pay market rate top wages.

That is not the case anymore.
It doesn't matter. A player can choose to play for another club other than us. The world doesn't revolve around just one club no matter how big and how rich you are.

0161_UNITED

It's like a nuclear arms race between Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi for wages. Seems like they are angling for new contracts to one up each other every few months at this point. I'm always wondering what the hell would happen if one of them gets a long term injury... seems so unsustainable to me.

JPRouve

Scout
200m is insane, but I think that Neymar is the most valuable player in the world at this time. He has the perfect blend of talent, age and marketability.

It's a shame that he has to play second fiddle to Messi, but I don't think that being the main man at PSG is much better for his image and development.
Winning the CL for PSG would be pretty big for his image and development, he would be following Valdo, Rai, Ronaldinho and Leonardo as big Brazilian player playing for PSG. Creating history could also be bigger than continuing one at Barcelona, he will never be bigger than Messi or Cruyff. And the PL doesn't seem to have a lot of pull among South Americans.

::sonny::

200 million + 50 million to him for 6 yrs

500 million + taxes = 900 million in 5 yrs

They could buy FC Barcelona with the Nou Camp as well

Status
Not open for further replies.