Neymar on Mexico: They talked too much and now they are going home (Gone home too)

That 20% talent has got him 5 goals away from Ronaldo and 20 away from Pele in Brazils all time top scorers list. He also has 6 goals and 3 assists in 9 career world cup games.And he is still only 26.

Why cant people just say “I hate his antics” without incorrectly questioning the guys obvious talents as a footballer?
He's undeniably talented but if you're going to bring Pele and Ronaldo into the comparison, hes far away from their level. Goals in endless friendlies won't change that.

His problem seems to be he thinks he is much better than he actually is and has gotten carried away with his own hype. He needs to grow up and apply his talent better.

Judas

Open to offers
He's an amazing players, but it'll be sad when he beats all these records, as he's clearly an absolute twat.

His arrogance (Redcafe's word of the month) is justified to me because he's that good, but you don't have to be a massive baby with it.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Also. The “they’re all at it “ line is such a crock of shit. Look at Messi (twice the player too) or Mbappe, or Koké, or Hazard. All flair players, all get kicked to feck and Neymar spends more time than the four of them combined rolling around and crying like a bitch. Feck it, Ronaldo’s been a drama queen from day one but even he is a saint in comparison to this bed-wetting little ponce.
They don't get kicked, provoked and insulted nearly as often as Neymar. It is not even close. None of them are such polarizing characters. Opponents targeted Neymar from day one. Everybody always deemed it okay to bust kick the shit out of Neymar. Zuniga broke his back in the last WC ffs. Messi is probably second place and you can't expect anybody to just swallow it and ignore people kicking you, whispering in yor ears and pushing you all the time. Even Messi nowadays has stopped being so stoic and demands yellow cards, pushes his opponents etc.

His antics may seem annoying but it is his way of countering and in contrast to his opponents he doesn't risk harming anyone. Neymar rolling on the floor would stop if all these provocations would finally be sanctionized..

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You don't actually believe this, do you?
Yes I do. The whole circus was about getting Layun sent off when he intentionally stepped on his ankle after he's gotten away with everything for the whole game. He clearly thought Layun wouldn't be sanctionized again and wanted the VAR to look at the scene.

If you didn't notice how he targeted Neymar and how every Mexican was whispering in his ear ("They talked too much") you should really check your biases.
It is ridiculous that people point out Neymar's unfair behaviour but completely ignore the unfair and injury risking actions of his opponents. But hey, it's Neymar, this self-centered prick, he deserves it. Come on.

Hansa

Yes I do. The whole circus was about getting Layun sent off when he intentionally stepped on his ankle after he's gotten away with everything for the whole game. He clearly thought Layun wouldn't be sanctionized again and wanted the VAR to look at the scene.

If you didn't notice how he targeted Neymar and how every Mexican was whispering in his ear ("They talked too much") you should really check your biases.
It is ridiculous that people point out Neymar's unfair behaviour but completely ignore the unfair and injury risking actions of his opponents. But hey, it's Neymar, this self-centered prick, he deserves it. Come on.
Now, think logically. Why do players (not just Neymar) keep rolling on the floor or exaggerate situations? Because in the long run, it pays off. There is little to no risk of any sanctions imposed on the "rollers". However, there is a slight chance of inflicting a yellow/red card on your opponent. If every challenge by the Mexicans had been perfectly good, Neymar would still have attempted to make them seem worse. Layun stepping on his ancle wasn't nice, but his way of reacting was absolutely pathetic and childish.

As for the talking and whispering - well, that's been going on for ages, way before Neymar, Zidane/Materazzi or Vinnie Jones vs everyone. I haven't complained about Neymar's post-match comments, mind you. I'd probably do the same as him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Now, think logically. Why do players (not just Neymar) keep rolling on the floor or exaggerate situations? Because in the long run, it pays off. There is little to no risk of any sanctions imposed on the "rollers". However, there is a slight chance of inflicting a yellow/red card on your opponent. If every challenge by the Mexicans had been perfectly good, Neymar would still have attempted to make them seem worse. Layun stepping on his ancle wasn't nice, but his way of reacting was absolutely pathetic and childish.

As for the talking and whispering - well, that's been going on for ages, way before Neymar, Zidane/Materazzi or Vinnie Jones vs everyone. I haven't complained about Neymar's post-match comments, mind you. I'd probably do the same as him.
Yeah and that's where we differ. Neymar isn't a Luis Suarez who always stays on the floor etc. When he does such stuff it was usually provoked. If the defender simply comes too late without bad intentions I rarely to never see him doing it. It is simply his response to unfair play. There isn't one player fouled as much as Neymar and he has a history of getting injured seriously from it.

People simply don't see the bigger picture respectively refuse to see it since they want to dislike him. Nothing wrong with disliking him but double standards are just shitty.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Yeah and that's where we differ. Neymar isn't a Luis Suarez who always stays on the floor etc. When he does such stuff it was usually provoked. If the defender simply comes too late without bad intentions I rarely to never see him doing it. It is simply his response to unfair play. There isn't one player fouled as much as Neymar and he has a history of getting injured seriously from it.

People simply don't see the bigger picture respectively refuse to see it since they want to dislike him. Nothing wrong with disliking him but double standards are just shitty.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Neymar overreacts, but the double standard by some sectors of the English media are questionable. Yesterday Colombian players had a lot of bad behaviour, what I didn't see was any sort of critic to the number of times England players were diving to the ground. Its good to preach to others but sometimes you better look to the mirror.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Neymar overreacts, but the double standard by some sectors of the English media are questionable. Yesterday Colombian players had a lot of bad behaviour, what I didn't see was any sort of critic to the number of times England players were diving to the ground. Its good to preach to others but sometimes you better look to the mirror.
Agreed.

You've got to roll with it :)

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They don't get kicked, provoked and insulted nearly as often as Neymar. It is not even close. None of them are such polarizing characters. Opponents targeted Neymar from day one. Everybody always deemed it okay to bust kick the shit out of Neymar. Zuniga broke his back in the last WC ffs. Messi is probably second place and you can't expect anybody to just swallow it and ignore people kicking you, whispering in yor ears and pushing you all the time. Even Messi nowadays has stopped being so stoic and demands yellow cards, pushes his opponents etc.

His antics may seem annoying but it is his way of countering and in contrast to his opponents he doesn't risk harming anyone. Neymar rolling on the floor would stop if all these provocations would finally be sanctionized..
I would be very surprised if defenders choose to tackle/foul some talented attacking footballers more than others but, if they do, you'd have to ask yourself why that might be happening? It's certainly not because he's a much better player than these other players. Messi is streets ahead of him, for starters.

If he is the victim of targetted abused it can only because he behaves like such a prick on the pitch. So what goes around comes around. That's why his antics are so stupidly counter-productive, his constant cheating and play-acting annoys referees to the extent where they might be more likely to ignore a bit of rough treatment and annoys defenders to the extent where they will happily take full advantage of the referee's leniency.

AllezLesDiables

Hazard gets fouled like crazy. Since he joined the PL in 2012 he’s drawn 507 fouls. Next highest is Raheem Sterling at 362.

The difference is that the opposition respects Hazard because he doesn’t act like a petulant child and Hazard respects his opponents. Sure he had a few moments of petulance (ball boy incident, hamburger incident) but nothing even close to what Neymar does.

Nobody respects Neymar because he has no respect for anyone else and he’s disrespectful to the game.

Enigma_87

You know who

Come on mate. Messi doen't fall down on every second contact but the bolded one is crazy. He gets plenty of abuse from opposition defenders. The only one way to stop him at his peak was hack him away most of the time.

You can't use that as an excuse for Neymar.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
They were making a big hullabaloo about him when they got deservedly spanked. Get over it seriously. He's also a bit annoying though.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Come on mate. Messi doen't fall down on every second contact but the bolded one is crazy. He gets plenty of abuse from opposition defenders. The only one way to stop him at his peak was hack him away most of the time.

You bolded only half of the sentence and left out "nearly as often". Of course Messi gets abuse to and I pointed out that he is on second place but I rarely saw Messi being kicked as crazy as Neymar (maybe apart from Clasicos). Yes, Messi doesn't have these antics and this is highly respectable but that is not the norm. Even he with his almost stoic character loses his shit occasionally nowadays. You cannot expect that from anyone. And if you criticize Neymar you also have to criticize those who foul, insult and provoke him to an even bigger extent since they are also unfair and risk injuries on top of it. Otherwise it is double standards.

Enigma_87

You know who
You bolded only half of the sentence and left out "nearly as often". Of course Messi gets abuse to and I pointed out that he is on second place but I rarely saw Messi being kicked as crazy as Neymar (maybe apart from Clasicos). Yes, Messi doesn't have these antics and this is highly respectable but that is not the norm. Even he with his almost stoic character loses his shit occasionally nowadays. You cannot expect that from anyone. And if you criticize Neymar you also have to criticize those who foul, insult and provoke him to an even bigger extent since they are also unfair and risk injuries on top of it. Otherwise it is double standards.
Nah, Messi has received plenty of abuse mate.

It's not only against Real. Look at his reaction when the GK stepped on him in much more vile manner and compare it to Neymar's reaction the other day..

Cloud7

In terms of ability, Neymar is probably my favorite attacker to watch in football currently because he’s one of the few who still plays like a street footballer, to an extent, but my God, the amount of rolling around that he does is absolutely pathetic. Even people who don’t normally watch football can tell that there’s someone very wrong there. I have no problem with him giving some banter to Mexico, but there’s no need to turn into a bowling ball on the ground FFS.

Edit, as said above, Hazard spends every week getting kicked to death by much more thuggish players than Neymar’s been coming up against, yet he doesn’t act like that. Same with Messi throughout his entire career.

buchansleftleg

Here's hoping we get a good quality ref for this game and that Belgium sweep him into the gutter by the side of the pitch where he belongs.

I can't decide what would be the best fate for Neymar - remaining trapped at PSG like a novelty noodle-haired troll key-chain for the Sheikh's - perennial winners of a mickey-mouse league and Champions league also-rans year in year out as his career enters slow entropy.

or

Maybe he needs to go to Real Madrid to replace Christiano Ronaldo and suffer the withering direct comparison of following on from a genuine GOAT who has succeeded through dedication, hard work and genuine self confidence. Watching the real Madrid fans wave their white hankies and boo him as they get sick of his emotional fragility, play acting and narcissim as he fails to even come close to Christiano's achievements and nearly bankrupts los merengues!

AlwaysRed66

Are you Neymar's dad or sister? I have never seen anyone keep going out of their way to defend the indefensible.

ravi2

You must be Brazilian

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I would be very surprised if defenders choose to tackle/foul some talented attacking footballers more than others but, if they do, you'd have to ask yourself why that might be happening? It's certainly not because he's a much better player than these other players. Messi is streets ahead of him, for starters.

If he is the victim of targetted abused it can only because he behaves like such a prick on the pitch. So what goes around comes around. That's why his antics are so stupidly counter-productive, his constant cheating and play-acting annoys referees to the extent where they might be more likely to ignore a bit of rough treatment and annoys defenders to the extent where they will happily take full advantage of the referee's leniency.
So if someone has such a superior technique and can do tricks that make defenders look foolish they should be allowed to kick the shit out of him? The rules don't forbid humiliating defenders with nutmegs, rain bow flicks and whatever (what entertains the crowd by the way..) yet this is cnutish behaviour while clear breaks of rules (e.g. insults, deliberate fouls and assaults) are okay just because, well, you don't like his ways? That's just so silly.

What do you think is worse, Neymar's antics or people deliberately fouling players of the opponent, risking injuries, in order to destroy their game? Serious question.

IMO players like Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Roy Keane, Vinnie Jones, van Bommel, Shawcross and all those guys who have no problem breaking someone's legs are much bigger cnuts than Neymar could ever dream of.

Yes, but Messi is the exception not the norm. He would have all the right to be mad (and he is, occasionally. Look how often he demands yellow cards nowadays) and I am quite sure that he would support the claim that unfair bheavior against star players should get sanctioned more consequently.

And I am not using that as an excuse for Neymar. I am merely pointing out the double standards. It is just dumb to pick out Neymar after such a game when the opponent was even dirtier than his injury faking.

Nah, Messi has received plenty of abuse mate.

It's not only against Real. Look at his reaction when the GK stepped on him in much more vile manner and compare it to Neymar's reaction the other day..
As I said, Messi isn't the norm and you cannot expect everybody to take all these provocations with the stoic calm he's known for. It is funny that people say "this is the problem!" when they see Neymar's antics yet they have no problem whatsoever that players like him get constantly targeted, insulted and provoked (what is also against the rules, by the way, but they realistically cannot be applied in such situations. How do you want to prove someone whispered insults in your ears?).

Are you Neymar's dad or sister? I have never seen anyone keep going out of their way to defend the indefensible.
Do you mind saying something related to my arguments or will you just keep repeating some worn-out generic punch lines?

You must be Brazilian
I'm German and don't even really admire Neymar.

the_irish123

I'm still waiting the English response to Henderson exact same situation as Neymar, also bonus for the big and tough Maguirre diving.

I wrote this 3 times and no one answered me yet.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So if someone has such a superior technique and can do tricks that make defenders look foolish they should be allowed to kick the shit out of him? The rules don't forbid humiliating defenders with nutmegs, rain bow flicks and whatever (what entertains the crowd by the way..) yet this is cnutish behaviour while clear breaks of rules (e.g. insults, deliberate fouls and assaults) are okay just because, well, you don't like his ways? That's just so silly.
I’m not talking about tricks and flicks. I’m talking about whining, diving and feigning injury. Cheating, basically. It’s understandable why this pisses off the opposition (and the referees)

What do you think is worse, Neymar's antics or people deliberately fouling players of the opponent, risking injuries, in order to destroy their game? Serious question..
Players who repeatedly and cynically foul people will get punished by being booked/sent off. As it stands, Neymar’s antics are much more likely to go unpunished, so are more irritating. Plus I just find them embarrassing. I live in a country where I am surrounded by GAA and rugby fans. Sports that are played hard and fair, without any of the pathetic gamesmanship we see from Neymar. Hence I’d rather not see one of soccer’s highest profile stars give fans of other sports such an open goal to take the piss.

Messi’s been a breath of fresh air in this regard. Takes his knocks and gets up and gets on with the game, hence he’s more or less universally admired. It will be a sad day if/when Neymar takes his crown.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
He has no class about him at all
After this WC, after he realised how everyone hates him, he will do some PR stunts, some charity and all of this is forgotten by most people and they will say "look how nice he is", and he knows that.

Not by me though. I always knew that he is a massive cnut.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I’m not talking about tricks and flicks. I’m talking about whining, diving and feigning injury. Cheating, basically. It’s understandable why this pisses off the opposition (and the referees)
What was there first, the chicken or the egg? If you ask me, he gets fouled that much because he toys with defenders through his skill moves and they feel like having to punish him for humiliating them. His antics are a direct reaction to that. He fakes injures, wines and rolls on the floor because he wants them to be sanctioned accordingly. He is after all the most fouled player in the world right now. And often these tackles are really, really dirty but nobody talks about that.

Players who repeatedly and cynically foul people will get punished by being booked/sent off. As it stands, Neymar’s antics are much more likely to go unpunished, so are more irritating. Plus I just find them embarrassing. I live in a country where I am surrounded by GAA and rugby fans. Sports that are played hard and fair, without any of the pathetic gamesmanship we see from Neymar. Hence I’d rather not see one of soccer’s highest profile stars give fans of other sports such an open goal to take the piss.

Messi’s been a breath of fresh air in this regard. Takes his knocks and gets up and gets on with the game, hence he’s more or less universally admired. It will be a sad day if/when Neymar takes his crown.
I understand that it irks you that one of the most famous footballers behaves like that but come on, even nowadays we still have more than enough dirty players with a habit of getting away with murder. Sergio Ramos and Pepe could as well been sent off twice as much. How often go really dirty tackles unpunished?

In the very game we are talking about, Layun should've been sent off or at least booked for this action alone and got away with it although there was a VAR. He had numerous other dirty tricks in his pocket that evening. It's a myth that star players get the protection they should get. Especially when it's early in a match and the referee is afraid of influencing the result many, many red-worthy assaults and tackles go unpunished. You also won't get deserved penalties if you are not theatrical. The problem is not only that referees allow themselves to be deived by this, it is also that players feel they won't be treated fairly if they don't do it. I believe Messi would've created many more deserved sent offs if he was more theitralic. It is a impressive character trade but nothing that helps him on the pitch.