g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Neymar on Mexico: They talked too much and now they are going home (Gone home too)

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Talked too much, cheated at football and left starving kids to well starve. And now he is going home.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Does anyone think it's likely that Neymar at the next WC, at the ripe old age of 30 will still be a top player? Clearly an extra 4 years doesn't make him any less of a tool.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If you take him out of that Brazil team, it suddenly becomes much more likeable.

soccerMad

Does anyone think it's likely that Neymar at the next WC, at the ripe old age of 30 will still be a top player? Clearly an extra 4 years doesn't make him any less of a tool.
Hopefully we don't see him again in the next world cup. Unless he's changed.

Brasil will be stronger when they play as a team. They have a lot of good player to form a strong team and they should start building on that. Neymar should be part of the team and not the team.

Maybe we can have some opinion from the Brazilian side?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Good riddance.

There are some excellent players in the Brazil team. Marcelo, Willian and Coutinho etc but Neymar is just too detestable for me to be rooting for them.

I remember telling a friend of mine, as we were watching Brazil play their first WC game in 2002, that the World Cup doesn't start until you see the famous yellow-blue-white combo playing their first game. I was a fan.

That changed a little when Rivaldo decided his face was hurt when the ball hit his midrift.

I think since then, they've slowly become more unlikeable. Not playing good football, kicking Colombia off the field in 2014 etc.

It's all come to a head this World Cup with all this Neymar nonsense. :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What was there first, the chicken or the egg? If you ask me, he gets fouled that much because he toys with defenders through his skill moves and they feel like having to punish him for humiliating them. His antics are a direct reaction to that. He fakes injures, wines and rolls on the floor because he wants them to be sanctioned accordingly. He is after all the most fouled player in the world right now. And often these tackles are really, really dirty but nobody talks about that.
It'd be fine to some extent if he only reacted when he really should get the decision. Like Henderson going down after the headbutt the other day - sure he did it theatrically but ultimately he had to make sure the referee did look at something which did actually happen. I was fine with that. He also didn't roll around like he had a career ending injury for two minutes.

Whereas Neymar constantly goes down when there hasn't been any contact, or when he has deliberately made the contact himself. He also goes ridiculously overboard with his reactions. Not just going down, but so blatantly over-selling a basic challenge it that it becomes a joke and nobody takes him seriously. Regularly trying to get players sent off when they haven't done anything wrong. That looks like it may come back and haunt him as now he will never be believed, and his over-the-top reactions will cost him more rightful decisions than his diving and cheating has gained him wrong ones. Ronaldo was never anywhere near as bad as Neymar at this, but that's what happened to him in his last few years with us. The refs simply didn't believe him anymore and he constantly missed out on fouls that should have been called.

Neymar was better against Belgium. Maybe he's realised that he's made himself look ridiculous and he'll stop going so far overboard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Expect him.to have burnt out by then.

Ban

His biggest punishment is his diving and antics are being ridiculed all over world. Word Neymar in training now means everybody lies down and screams. :D I don't think he'll care but..

Good riddance.

There are some excellent players in the Brazil team. Marcelo, Willian and Coutinho etc but Neymar is just too detestable for me to be rooting for them.

I remember telling a friend of mine, as we were watching Brazil play their first WC game in 2002, that the World Cup doesn't start until you see the famous yellow-blue-white combo playing their first game. I was a fan.

That changed a little when Rivaldo decided his face was hurt when the ball hit his midrift.

I think since then, they've slowly become more unlikeable. Not playing good football, kicking Colombia off the field in 2014 etc.

The biggest change is Brazil is pretty rubbish now. You had at least 3 players in 2002 who were considerably better than their best player now in Neymar.

Everyone still expects Brazil to be great to watch but thats not been the case for at least 10 years. They're an average team now.

AshRK

Good riddance.

I agree with neymar's case . He is detestable but take him out brazil are likeable and will always many neutrals favourites. Yes what rivaldo did was a joke but other teams have done such a pity things, aka CR7 sending Rooney off in 06 world cup or Italians dirty tricks on many occasion to knock other teams out or henry scoring with his hand to knock Ireland out in wc playoffs. You cannot generalize Brazilian players because of rivaldo or neymar.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Neymar.. another one such a long way from being the best in the world, so far from being a game-changer...

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
People, including myself thought that after Messi and Ronaldo he could lift the baloon d'or after them but even both players started to decline, they are still better then peak Neymar. He kinda didn't fulfil the potential he used to have. will get surpassed by other players in the world pecking order.

And the same for me if you take Neymar out of the Brazilian NT, the team becomes suddenly likeable..

bk1991

He is perhaps the most annoying player in the history of the game. In terms of talent he is capable of doing anything, however he is held back by his poor attitude, mental fragility and pathological need to dive and whine at the slightest contact.

It must be tearing him apart knowing that the heir apparent to Messi and Ronaldo isn't him but the french teenager sitting across the dressing room from him in PSG.

Reactions: Jippy