Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If this is true (and I doubt it is, as Neymar's father is a known bullshitter), then the people in charge of recruitment at the club haven't learned a thing.
Our name being used again in the market for leverage on a new contract or to force him out of the club by drumming up interest.
Messi potentially going to Barca again is what Neymar has in his head as the ideal scenario for him to return home with him.
I doubt we will be able to sign anyone in the summer, we will be taking 4th round offers for the club until the end of the window the way the Glazers are going.
All this to extract more dividends from the club and not spend anything in the summer.

Satissh12

Please change the thread title.. Opened the thread thinking some new news from his dad

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Surely you'd be mental for wanting him if you think he can't be relied upon?
No. If he’s on a sensible contract and is available for 30 matches of a 50 Match season, I’d love to have him.

He’s far harder working than people suggest. He’s still amongst the best players on the planet and good management could see a really impactful few seasons.

The lad is criminally underrated.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Please change the thread title.. Opened the thread thinking some new news from his dad
I swear there was a policy against megathreads on here at one point. Never understand why people bump an old thread and not just start a new one.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
No. If he’s on a sensible contract and is available for 30 matches of a 50 Match season, I’d love to have him.

He’s far harder working than people suggest. He’s still amongst the best players on the planet and good management could see a really impactful few seasons.

The lad is criminally underrated.
For the money he would cost he would have to be the main focal point though. His injury record plus the fact he's a prima donna doesn't bode well. Can't see us bringing in Neymar + another forward.

MegadrivePerson

Averages 28 games a season at PSG. Another sicknote that has wasted his best years.

He might have been a good signing when this thread started in 2015 but not now!

FriedClams

Guy gets an awful lot of flack for having such an excellent relationship with his sister. More siblings should aspire to it IMO.

TsuWave

Would love to see this happen.

A true footballing genius, his ability his galaxies ahead of anyone in our squad. Last of his kind too.

would show up some of the players that are considered “creative” at United currently

Pronewbie

Peep
He's past it unfortunately but oh my what a treat he'd be if he could roll back the years. The sort of player who'd make more United fans actually pay to watch/stream our games.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's a great player. Always the biggest threat on the pitch. When martial leaves, rashford takes that position up front and put Neymar on the left. But I doubt it's true. Plus his injury record and his sister.
What's his sister got to do got to do with it?

Loon

:lol:
It would be just like the Glazers to buy the most punchable face in football to placate the easily placated among our fanbase.

antk

The Neymar's sister "joke" is the creepiest consistently unfunny joke on the internet. Please stop.

Apokalips

Anyone not wanting Neymar in the squad is mental. He’s still at the height of his powers and is better than every attacker we have.

With that said… any manager relying on him is going to be let down.

He needs to be part of a squad. Not THE guy that gets pandered to and auto selected every week.

I’d love him at the club.
Fully agreed, it's funny to see people wanting Felix but thrn their nose up at NEYMAR!

I'd love him here but would still absolutely sign another quality forward due to his injury problems. People have this perceived notion of Neymar as being soft, but he is a fighter and has magic in him. I think he'd shut a fair few people up after a few weeks.

I do highly doubt there is any truth to this but I would prefer him to Kane. He is far superior a football talent and playmaker. Kane scares me as he looks so undynamic and that will only get worse as he gets older.

VWW

There are rumours in Italy that PSG will be forced to reduce their huge salary bill because of FFP. If qatar buy us then unfortunately I can see this deal happening
I thought if Qatar bought us that we were supposed be sending our rejects to PSG...

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I swear there was a policy against megathreads on here at one point. Never understand why people bump an old thread and not just start a new one.
Speaking of, anyone know what happened to Fontaine (the OP)? He was quite the entertainer...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I thought if Qatar bought us that we were supposed be sending our rejects to PSG...
TBF 20 goals and 14 assists in 36 games aren't that bad. There again his salary is eye watering

NoPace

Don't see this making financial sense with him being 31 and on comical wages, but football-wise, adding him and a young faster/physical #9 and having those 2 options up front sounds pretty great.

aeh1991

No as I want Rashford as our LW with Garnacho and Sancho as backups. We really have other priorities.

edit: oh and I'd prefer Kane over him any day. Really don't understand people wanting an injury prone, diving, diva player over someone who has been scoring tons of goals in the league, is a real team player and leader.

Woziak

For the money he would cost he would have to be the main focal point though. His injury record plus the fact he's a prima donna doesn't bode well. Can't see us bringing in Neymar + another forward.
I can there will be no transfer fee or a loan with a view to buy

Nero

Footmercato is one of the most laughable outlets out there. People are so easy to manipulate.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If it’s a case of PSG basically giving him away to get the wages of their books, then it’s a definite yes. Playing him as a false nine with likes of Rashford/Garnacho and even Antony around him would be great to watch. Crucially, it would mean we had transfer funds for a Caicedo, CB and a GK to finally play the way we want to play.

If it’s a case of paying a big transfer fee, then it’s a non-goer. But if it’s a token fee, even on a big contract, absolutely yes.

mshnsh

No as I want Rashford as our LW with Garnacho and Sancho as backups. We really have other priorities.

edit: oh and I'd prefer Kane over him any day. Really don't understand people wanting an injury prone, diving, diva player over someone who has been scoring tons of goals in the league, is a real team player and leader.
:wenger:

Matt007a

There’s no way ETH would sign Neymar. He does nothing off the ball, is often injured and doesn’t have the character of the sort of player we need.

His wage would be astronomical as well.

mshnsh

I think while he is still a great player and better than anything we have but he is 31, has started his decline and injury prone. On top of that, the wages would be huge.

Interms of pure talent, he is probably the second most talented out there (behind Messi) but due to multitude of reasons, it has not translated into success on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.