Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
High wages and financial burden. Brazilian superstar, will pay his way. No issue there.
Talent and consistency. One of the very best out there.
The stuff outside of football. Well off the pitch but generally apart from Redcafe and my social circles, no one else’s activities concern me. I’d like to see him represent United if there can magically be some guarantees that he’ll be available for every game.

croadyman

High wages and financial burden. Brazilian superstar, will pay his way. No issue there.
Talent and consistency. One of the very best out there.
The stuff outside of football. Well off the pitch but generally apart from Redcafe and my social circles, no one else’s activities concern me. I’d like to see him represent United if there can magically be some guarantees that he’ll be available for every game.
I believe we have enough wide options IF Amad comes back and Pellistri gets time to keep him relatively fresh and avoid injury risk. However still don't believe he joins us in a million years.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I believe we have enough wide options IF Amad comes back and Pellistri gets time to keep him relatively fresh and avoid injury risk. However still don't believe he joins us in a million years.
It looks unlikely in all honesty but stranger things have happened in football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I can see a situation where we bring him in under Qatar owners at the end of the window to suppliment Hojlund (completed early doors)

croadyman

I can see a situation where we bring him in under Qatar owners at the end of the window to suppliment Hojlund (completed early doors)
Pretty certain new owners won't be in place for them to make any impact this window

Womp

idiot
Yea saying he isn't special is nonsense. There was a period he was third to Messi and Ronaldo. That performance he put on against PSG when he was at Barca in the CL was one of the best individual performances I've seen in that competition for a while. He was everywhere.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It's criminal how underrated he is on the caf.
Literally in the post you replied to, it's shown that Neymar has missed 28% of Brazil games since 2010. He has missed an even larger % of club games in the past few years.

What do you expect people to think?

Eddy_JukeZ

Yea saying he isn't special is nonsense. There was a period he was third to Messi and Ronaldo. That performance he put on against PSG when he was at Barca in the CL was one of the best individual performances I've seen in that competition for a while. He was everywhere.
Amazing that it was Neymar who willed them back in that game and not Messi.

He was the biggest inspirational figure behind that comeback on a field that contained Messi, Suarez and Iniesta.

croadyman

Would still take him despite the circus,however suspect he will be the next big Saudi signing

Woziak

It's criminal how underrated he is on the caf.
Watch Ancelotti build his team around him as an 8/10 in an exciting 4-1-2-3 formation
Ancelotti will be thinking I need Elite FB’s a Genuine World class CFW and Raphina or Antony to mature quickly. This is not a great Brazilian squad.

miked99

I would take him, despite having misgivings about the whole thing, because as a fan seeing players with this level of skill and flair wearing the shirt is what you live for. The kind of player that gets you up out of your seat in excitement whenever they get the ball. We've had so few of those in recent times.

That said, it's never happening.

croadyman

I would take him, despite having misgivings about the whole thing, because as a fan seeing players with this level of skill and flair wearing the shirt is what you live for. The kind of player that gets you up out of your seat in excitement whenever they get the ball. We've had so few of those in recent times.

That said, it's never happening.
Yeah not even with Jassim owning club

tomaldinho1

I'd take him in a heartbeat, as much as I feel he'd be injured a lot he's one of very few players left who have a real ability to produce magic and entertain. Let him play central and drift, just give him full license to entertain.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Still only 31...

He probably doesn't give a rats ass about any of it but he could still have a balon d'or winning season left in him especially now that those 2 are gone and done.

AaronRedDevil

Always considered him to be the best player on the PSG team. He's a nightmare to defend against.

worldinmotion66

We baulked at Kane because of his price tag and wages.and yet he’d be much more suited to our needs than Neymar. Exceptional talent that he is, he is another player that wasted his best years

croadyman

We baulked at Kane because of his price tag and wages.and yet he’d be much more suited to our needs than Neymar. Exceptional talent that he is, he is another player that wasted his best years
Yeah and the fact Levy is fecking nightmare

worldinmotion66

Yeah and the fact Levy is fecking nightmare
I don’t believe Levy is the reason, I think it’s Kane’s wage demands. Spurs would sell later in the window as they won’t let him go on a free. The club are enforcing stricter rules on wages which is why rashford isn’t on more, we’ve done well to get him tied down on the wage we have and the clubs top earners are now all on similar wages. If Kane really wanted £500k+ then they’ve done the sensible thing and walked away. The difference between signing Kane or Neymar and signing Hojlund is well over £100m. It’s a gamble worth taking.

Stadjer

Still only 31...

He probably doesn't give a rats ass about any of it but he could still have a balon d'or winning season left in him especially now that those 2 are gone and done.
I dont think his body/opponents allow that. He is kicked so often that he usually breaks something during a season which causes months of injury. Dont think he can win a ballon d'or if he is out for a few months every season.

croadyman

I don’t believe Levy is the reason, I think it’s Kane’s wage demands. Spurs would sell later in the window as they won’t let him go on a free. The club are enforcing stricter rules on wages which is why rashford isn’t on more, we’ve done well to get him tied down on the wage we have and the clubs top earners are now all on similar wages. If Kane really wanted £500k+ then they’ve done the sensible thing and walked away. The difference between signing Kane or Neymar and signing Hojlund is well over £100m. It’s a gamble worth taking.
How true are these wage demands,tend to think if he wanted to join Utd bad enough then wouldn’t be asking for huge money but could be wrong

worldinmotion66

How true are these wage demands,tend to think if he wanted to join Utd bad enough then wouldn’t be asking for huge money but could be wrong
Everyone wants more money from us because we have a history of giving it out. I don’t think he’s all about the money because he could go to Saudi or psg but in combination with the fee I think we’ve just decided it isn’t a worthwhile investment in the long term. It’s sensible to invest in a player with resale value but I’m sure we’d be all over Kane next summer if he was available on a free.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I dont think his body/opponents allow that. He is kicked so often that he usually breaks something during a season which causes months of injury. Dont think he can win a ballon d'or if he is out for a few months every season.
Unfortunately you're most likely right, I should have prefaced that.

Still he might be able to pull it off if he turns up for psg in their most crucial games and they go on to win the cl.

Status
Not open for further replies.