Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Everyone wants more money from us because we have a history of giving it out. I don’t think he’s all about the money because he could go to Saudi or psg but in combination with the fee I think we’ve just decided it isn’t a worthwhile investment in the long term. It’s sensible to invest in a player with resale value but I’m sure we’d be all over Kane next summer if he was available on a free.
There seems to be a consensus that Hojlund wouldn't get much chance IF we went for Kane next summer. Personally I think it's academic as see Bayern getting deal done before the window closes anyway.

Getting back on topic I am surprised that eye watering offer given to Mbappe didn't go to Neymar instead. Could imagine he would be much more open to the move.

worldinmotion66

There seems to be a consensus that Hojlund wouldn't get much chance IF we went for Kane next summer. Personally I think it's academic as see Bayern getting deal done before the window closes anyway.

Getting back on topic I am surprised that eye watering offer given to Mbappe didn't go to Neymar instead. Could imagine he would be much more open to the move.
I definitely think Hojlund can play from the right and get substantial minutes from the bench, he’s not ready to lead the line anyway. I think martial or rashford or even greenwood will share the burden for a season or two until Hojlund has more experience. But yeah he’ll be Bayern bound and I don’t think it’s a bad move for him really.

Neymar wouldn’t be offered that sort of money I don’t think, but I’m sure PSG would be open to selling. Anyone at PSG would go to Saudi because they only went to France for the Arab money in the first place. They have no history or competition (and I say that as a psg fan before the money came in)

Judas

Open to offers
I would be sad to see him in the league and not for us, as much as he’s derided on here. He’s such a special and fun player when he’s at his best.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
:lol: Anyone who is afraid of them signing him needs to give their head a wobble. Exactly the type of signing to set a club back 2-3 years, if recent history is anything to go by.

AndySmith1990

Chelsea are worse than we were when Woodward was here. Absolutely mental club who simply love making transfers for the thrill of it

Red Rash

Feck sake. He's an amazing player.
I would be sad to see him in the league and not for us, as much as he’s derided on here. He’s such a special and fun player when he’s at his best.
Fantastic player but not what we need at all:

• Over 30 year old player who would demand huge wages
  • Plays best on the left where we already have Rashford and Garnacho. Even though they aren't as good as Neymar it's a position we are pretty well stocked
  • Huge concerns over injury problems and has average about 20 league games a season at PSG
  • Seems to be a bit of a primadonna and could upset the harmony of the dressing room
We should learn from Cavani, Ronaldo (part 2), Falcao etc in recent years and avoid these kind of super star signings who are towards the end of their career and looking for a final payday.

Its all gone Shane Long

For the goals I’d take him but the baggage he can leave in Paris! Would love for just our main attacking players to bag many goals this season so that we don’t need a player like Neymar

Ted Lasso

Neymar >>> Martial

Pretty sure he'd play more games that Martial even if he took a whole month for his sister's birthday

JuriM

Neymar >>> Martial

Pretty sure he'd play more games that Martial even if he took a whole month for his sister's birthday
He played a nr 10 role as of late and likes to operate in the middle now as he isn't as fast as he used be before some of the injures.

Orange Tree

Will be great to watch him in PL. Be amazing in a couple of matches then proceed to be injured for months.

We should offer Martial to Chelsea. Cheaper and has PL experience.

RVN1991

Hopefully goes to Chelsea just for the laughs.

I can see a very very long transition post Roman for Chelsea going by their brainless transfer strategy since the club was sold.

vodrake

Would be great for the 1/3rd of the season he was actually available for

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Chelsea! Damn.

Would've liked him here, ease the pressure off Rasmus

mshnsh

Will be great to watch him in PL. Be amazing in a couple of matches then proceed to be injured for months.

We should offer Martial to Chelsea. Cheaper and has PL experience.
Premier league proven, our Martial.

Can Neymar do it on a cold, wet night in Stoke?

dinostar77

Would love to see him in PL. Would change the opinion of many people (i include myself in that). Even if its just a single season ala Klinnsmann.

He'd have to cut out the playacting pretty sharpish, but what a player to see in PL. Huge coup for PL as well if it happens.

Irwin99

Chelsea are worse than we were when Woodward was here. Absolutely mental club who simply love making transfers for the thrill of it
I do wonder, don't they have any FFP issues at all? I know they're famously brilliant at selling useless or past it players but still, their spending always seems insane (not that ours or City's has been all that sane in the past 10 years either)

RedCurry

Happy to see him move to any of our PL rivals. Yes, he’ll score and create plenty of goals and in the end the entire team will be designed around him and he’s just not the kind of player who can take on that type of burden over a long tiring season.

m1tch

Would love to see a player with his skills playing for us, even though it's rationally a bad idea. Could we do a loan with option to buy, see how it goes?!

Bojan Djordjic

Would be the best player in the PL the moment he joined.
Yeah, it makes me laugh that people scoff at him. If he could stay fit, he's one of fewer than a handful of players that could bring United close to winning a league. Probably a top ten player of all time. His lack of availability would be far more of a concern to me than any baggage he would bring or concerns about him being a fading star.

croadyman

Yeah, it makes me laugh that people scoff at him. If he could stay fit, he's one of fewer than a handful of players that could bring United close to winning a league. Probably a top ten player of all time. His lack of availability would be far more of a concern to me than any baggage he would bring or concerns about him being a fading star.
No doubt he's a fantastic player but can also understand what people are saying about influence in dressing room. We should at least see if they are open to a loan proposal. He is meant to be a Utd fan too apparently

Eddy_JukeZ

No doubt he's a fantastic player but can also understand what people are saying about influence in dressing room. We should at least see if they are open to a loan proposal. He is meant to be a Utd fan too apparently
People are talking about influence in a dressing room, but there's been no reports of Neymar having a poor influence on a dressing room IIRC.

Seems like silly gospel that 1 person said and everyone's running with it.

The biggest problem with Neymar is his availability IMO. Which is a big problem. He can't stay fit to save his life lately.

croadyman

Chelsea have been linked with him for years and maybe the London lifestyle really appeals to him. Will be worrying if their top transfer journos like Law start talking this up

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's not even top ten Brazilian players of all time.

croadyman

Should we try for him on a loan,be interested to hear what people think of the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.