Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
He would tear the EPL to shreds, this misconception that you need to be big and strong to make the grade in the EPL is wrong. Silva isn't the biggest boy, nor is Mata, Smalling, De Bruyne, Martial, Herrera or Oscar among many others. That's just off the top of my head and current players.

His performances for Brasil prove this kid is the real deal. Whether there's a chance we'll ever get him? $$$$$$$

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
He would tear the EPL to shreds, this misconception that you need to be big and strong to make the grade in the EPL is wrong. Silva isn't the biggest boy, nor is Mata, Smalling, De Bruyne, Martial, Herrera or Oscar among many others. That's just off the top of my head and current players.

His performances for Brasil prove this kid is the real deal. Whether there's a chance we'll ever get him? $$$$$$$
Ermm, Smalling and Martial are quite big and strong.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I doubt any team would pay 250m, which would be the new release clause up from 190m. And I doubt how LVG factor will effect any future deals.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's not embarrassing but it does come across as naive. Ditto the emails to Bayern about Muller and the Bale/Ronaldo stuff that's ended up all over the press every summer since Woodward took the reins.
How is it naive?

We're trying for the biggest players. If we get rejected then so be it. I prefer this approach rather than the Gill reign where some of the top targets rejected us due to our inability to pay top dollar.

Spoony

The People's President
How is it naive?

We're trying for the biggest players. If we get rejected then so be it. I prefer this approach rather than the Gill reign where some of the top targets rejected us due to our inability to pay top dollar.

Did he actually think Barca and Bayern would sell one of their best players? I think he's been playing FM far too long. Of course he was naive.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Did he actually think Barca and Bayern would sell one of their best players? I think he's been playing FM far too long. Of course he was naive.
Not really, it's also a way of putting yourself in the players mind, if their clubs are at some point willing to discuss, United will be in a better position because the club will have shown a genuine interest in the past.

KM

As long as its not affecting our other recruitment then its not naive at all. People here are far too quick to label the club as embarrassing or naive.

Spoony

The People's President
As long as its not affecting our other recruitment then its not naive at all. People here are far too quick to label the club as embarrassing or naive.

We could try for Messi and Neuer next season. £300m may just get us Messi. The man's a transfer muppet.

KM

We could try for Messi and Neuer next season. £300m may just get us Messi. The man's a transfer muppet.
That'd be better than sitting on our asses and complain whilst City and Chelsea get a superstar.

Spoony

The People's President
That'd be better than sitting on our asses and complain whilst City and Chelsea get a superstar.

But not a superstar from Real or Barca. Reminds me of the time when City came into a bit of cash... They tried for everyone but ended up with Robinho, a player who didn't exactly light up La Liga but heh he was a big name. But anyway City and Chelsea will be in the market for the same level of player as us, I don't think they're deluded(naive?) enough to think they'll be able to lure Messi or Neymar. Nowt wrong with being realists.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Maintain my argument from the summer, I believe he is better than Ronaldo and the second best player in the world.

He is absolutely tearing Rayo apart tonight, 4 goals and 1 assist so far. Seems to be revelling in Messi's absence.

criticalanalysis

I was one of the skeptical few, who thought he lacked that extra yard of pace to be really great for Barca (before he joined having seen a few Brazil games).

LOL, how wrong was I. He really does justify the hype that surrounded him.

Eddy_JukeZ

He would destroy the Premier League in similar fashion to Suarez and Ronaldo imo.

Would be incredible if we signed him. Don't think he'll leave Barcelona though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If you're not in you can't win

It's like when a beautiful girl is so stunning that guys don't approach because they fear a knock back. If you think like that you'll be happy riding munters all your life

Sam

Neither Chelsea or City would be able to sign Neymar either.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
They might not even think about selling him for anything less than 120m but Neymar wouldn't look to move away either way.

NinjaFletch

When these stories usually surface we normally all agree that its been put out by the players agent to scare his club into renewing their contract.

Now when Neymar's dad, who is I believe, his agent says 'We had contact from Manchester United in the summer' instead of everyone going 'well, duh, you told the media that in the summer to try and get a new deal' everyone believes it to be 'confirmation' as if its come from a new source.

But anything for people to start throwing the 'e' word around. :rolleyes:

LeftyBlaster

You can add Falcao to that list.

I'm not sure it's an either/or choice between ambitious and defeatist. I think there's room to be ambitious, while being thoughtful and pragmatic. That way we wouldn't have ended up paying stupid money for players who were never suited to our team/league (at least one of whom didn't even really want to play for United) just to prove we can sign big name players.
This. Ever since Woody took over we've been shooting for Galactico players who have no interest in playing for us or suit us. I'm not at all surprised with what happened with ADM. There's no possible reason why Neymar would want to move here because he seriously wanted to play for us.

Fabgregas
Ramos
ADM
Bale
Falcao
Muller
Neymar

Just looking at that list and anyone would know there's something wrong.

CG1010

I have no problem whatsoever with us trying for the top end players. However I have never seen any other club doing it the way we do, i.e., official public bids to the club. Instead we approach this more discreetly and use informal chats with the clubs and player and his agent. I am not saying this just because of we become vulnerable to people saying "x rejected United", etc., but also because the latter seems to be more appropriate way of dealing with things with high-value sensitive deals. Public approaches can quickly escalate with fans of the selling club mobilizing against the proposed move, etc.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can't wait to see him line up in a United shirt, I left a message for him on a youtube video begging him to join so I pray to god that it'll work.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can't wait to see him line up in a United shirt, I left a message for him on a youtube video begging him to join so I pray to god that it'll work.
This would probably work for Hazard

Kant-ona

To comment on the current thread title: "Father confirms United offer."

Usually, there is no more unreliable source than the father of a player. Well, maybe his cat.

Personally, I think we could spend the money better than on Neymar. And he won't come anyway.

Womp

idiot
To comment on the current thread title: "Father confirms United offer."

Usually, there is no more unreliable source than the father of a player. Well, maybe his cat.

Personally, I think we could spend the money better than on Neymar. And he won't come anyway.

How so? Replacing a rotting has been in Rooney with a fresh South American who is already in the top 5 players in the world who also happens to be the best of his generation. That being said I also don't think he'll come.

Kant-ona

How so? Replacing a rotting has been in Rooney with a fresh South American who is already in the top 5 players in the world who also happens to be the best of his generation. That being said I also don't think he'll come.
In short: A Thomas Müller is also (a) world class, imo even better than Neymar since he showed class over some years now, (b) would fit our play and the league, (c) would be able to deal with the weather in england better and last but not least (d) would be cheaper than Neymar since Barcelona always demand fantasy-numbers like obsquamatillions.

That is what I meant by saying we could spend the money better.

InfiniteBoredom

If Neymar doesn't renew, £80m would be reasonable given the current exchange rate.

That said, a Muller or Griezmann would fit us better. I know everything successful needs a trailblazer but South Americans at United have been utter failures so far

Womp

idiot
In short: A Thomas Müller is also (a) world class, imo even better than Neymar since he showed class over some years now, (b) would fit our play and the league, (c) would be able to deal with the weather in england better and last but not least (d) would be cheaper than Neymar since Barcelona always demand fantasy-numbers like obsquamatillions.

That is what I meant by saying we could spend the money better.
Fair point, but to be fair Muller doesn't seem to be any more approachable considering Bayern's stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.