Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
And then that would leave us with another ADM situation
Except Neymar despite being much younger is much more established and proven, both for club and international status. He would be the star player for us. He's just a much better player than Di Maria.

LeftyBlaster

Except Neymar despite being much younger is much more established and proven, both for club and international status. He would be the star player for us. He's just a much better player than Di Maria.
I have no doubt about him being a better player than ADM. It's just that I don't feel comfortable with such mega transfers. They never work out well for us.

cyberman

I dont know how to post tweets..

@barcastuff: Neymar Sr (father): "We're talking about renewing, but the tax problems bother us. If this can't be solved, we can't stay." [ser]

cyberman

The thing is that with these cases, as Messi shows us, takes time and I cant see this being resoved at such a time that Barcelona feel comfortable.
Going into two years left and his father is saying the same thing. What do they do?

Getsme

Do we want a player playing for us who doesn't want to move but will because he isn't making enough money?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Do we want a player playing for us who doesn't want to move but will because he isn't making enough money?
Good point. Got burned badly the last time we signed someone forced to leave.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That had occurred to me too. Money is really the only reason he would want to leave Barca to join us, which isn't a great sign.

On the other hand, not sure you can turn down a player like Neymar even in those circumstances. Plus some players are professional enough to play properly regardless.

diarm

I'd usually say no but when when it's a player who's knocking on the Balon D'oor (along with Messi, Ron and Jon obviously), I can't see motivation being an issue.

littlepeasoup

Depends if he wants to be Barcelona's main man, in which case he'll have to outlast Messi. If he wants to be the biggest star in a team (which I think he probably will) he might actually fancy a move.

diarm

Neymar is absolutely world class and at a higher level than ADM, if there is any sniff of a chance we have to be all over it. Imagine Neymar, Martial and Memphis in their pomp?
With Mata in the hole, giggling like a little demon puppeteer :drool:

We need an rvn

That had occurred to me too. Money is really the only reason he would want to leave Barca to join us, which isn't a great sign.

On the other hand, not sure you can turn down a player like Neymar even in those circumstances. Plus some players are professional enough to play properly regardless.
there's a big difference to being happy and professional though

take joe blogs from with your average job - most of us do our jobs as well as we can and, i for one being an accountant by qualification, also have a professional code of ethics i need to adhere to. If i say, got my ideal job and worked as an analyst for Man Utd, i'd probably come into work happier, be more enthusiastic than were i work as an analyst for a slaughter house. Bit of an exaggeration i know, but my point is - being happy makes a big deal when it comes to doing the best you can and doing the best you can and enjoying it as no matter what you'll most likely work that bit harder if you enjoy it too.

but who's to say Neymar wouldn't be happy at Manchester. He'll be the main man, face of United, playing in front of 75,000 who would sing his name on a weekly basis (the love Ronaldinho gets from the OT crowd on Saturday was amazing and he isn't even an ex-united player, imagine what Neymar would get from us!) - and enough money to buy a la-ferrari once a month by the sounds of it!

ottosec

I don't understand, what do they expect Barca to do? Pay the fine or what? I imagine that he will get a similar salary in Barcelona if he signs an extension, so how does moving clubs help them?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
They're squeezing Barcelona. Having said that, you just never know with football. Our Lack of spending in the summer might have something to do with waiting and seeing.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
His father is doing all the money talk, a well known greedy and shady bastard. He's probably trying to cover his own ass and run away from all these tax problems.

Adisa

Someone with knowledge of the situation please answer. What does the tax issue have to do with a new contract? I thought the issue is that Barca are skint.

InfiniteBoredom

Someone with knowledge of the situation please answer. What does the tax issue have to do with a new contract? I thought the issue is that Barca are skint.
They are not skint, but they do have a dangerous wage to turnover ratio (~70% iirc). The way I understand it, both the Brazillian and the Spanish authority are after them for the tax evasion of the transfer, and if they end up paying for the whole thing+ the wage increase for Neymar they will be looking at ~ €100m, a very pricey renewal.

Either way it's good news for us, Neymar leaves because of the tax issues, in which case we are one of the very few clubs well primed to get him, or Barca's ability to compete for top targets is hampered because of the enormous outlay for his renewal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I dont know how to post tweets..

@barcastuff: Neymar Sr (father): "We're talking about renewing, but the tax problems bother us. If this can't be solved, we can't stay." [ser]
Give him all the bloody money in the world

InfiniteBoredom

This actually reminds me of the Veron transfer, cracking player in his prime, South American, playing in the world's best league, have to leave because of a legal issue with the authority (visa/tax)

Let's hope it pans out better, whether Neymar leaves or stays. It would be a shame to see a player with his potential failing to reach the pinnacle of the game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Those Barcelona players need to be saved from that toxic environment. Come to England and invest in movies or whatever it is that rich people do to get out of taxes there.

Adisa

They are not skint, but they do have a dangerous wage to turnover ratio (~70% iirc). The way I understand it, both the Brazillian and the Spanish authority are after them for the tax evasion of the transfer, and if they end up paying for the whole thing+ the wage increase for Neymar they will be looking at ~ €100m, a very pricey renewal.

Either way it's good news for us, Neymar leaves because of the tax issues, in which case we are one of the very few clubs well primed to get him, or Barca's ability to compete for top targets is hampered because of the enormous outlay for his renewal.
L
Neymar's bank account in Brazil is frozen with tens of millions he can't access. The dispute over his transfer is still ongoing there.
thanks.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
They're squeezing Barcelona. Having said that, you just never know with football. Our Lack of spending in the summer might have something to do with waiting and seeing.
True, true. I see it more as a negotiating tactic but you never do know

Adisa

True, true. I see it more as a negotiating tactic but you never do know
It's obviously a negotiating tactic. Asking Barca to compensate him for inevitable loses to the taxman both in Spain and Brazil. Problem is Barca have the same problem with Messi. And according to Balague, he's not sure Barca can do both at the same time. However, I think they will find a way. They have to.

We need an rvn

agree with @FCBarca and @Adisa - this transfer is just not going to happen lads. All the reports about his dad stating this and that about the tax is a way of saying he wants a bigger contract, simple.

I'd much rather us be linked to De Griezman, something a bit more realistic but someone who can become a great player for United and would fit what we need as well

would i love Neymar here, course i would, just trying to keep it realistic

Someone

Something
I'm not comfortable signing a player forcing a move away from barca just for the money, we're talking about arguably the best team in europe right now and he has a chance to win so much, what stops him from doing the exact same thing for us later?

I'd rather we go for players about to make the step up, like reus and griezmann.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Our "lack of spending" was to do with us making huge offers and advances for numerous unrealistic targets. We were doing the exact opposite of sitting and waiting.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I'm not comfortable signing a player forcing a move away from barca just for the money, we're talking about arguably the best team in europe right now and he has a chance to win so much, what stops him from doing the exact same thing for us later?

I'd rather we go for players about to make the step up, like reus and griezmann.
Neymar is younger then both of them.

cyberman

From f365. Issue doesn't seem to be the tax problems he's in, it reads as if nobody has advised him on how to structre his taxes from here on in. If true that is ridiculous and reads as an excuse to leave and not be seen as the bad guy here. Surely any top Spanish accountant could advise him on exactly what to do. What's the big mystery?
Neymar feels “very insecure and uneasy”, according to his father, who claims the Barcelona star will leave La Liga unless their tax position is clarified.

The Brazil attacker’s transfer to the Nou Camp from Santos has been the subject of a number of investigations in Spain and his homeland.

Barcelona are keen to extend the forward’s contract beyond its current expiry date of 2018 but Neymar’s father says the ongoing probes into his son’s financial affairs makes it impossible for them to commit to the European champions, with Manchester United sure to be tracking the situation.

“We are talking about a contract renewal but we’re waiting to resolve some things that concern us,” Neymar Sr told Cadena SER, according to Marca.

“We can’t have this uncertainty with the tax of not knowing if what we’re doing is right. We need to know if Spain accepts our situation.

“It’s hard for us because we’re receiving many attacks, from Spain and Brazil on matters of taxation. Neymar is a media player and we work his image from Brazil.

“We’re talking to everyone to know what to do with this issue because we don’t want to be in Spain for two, three, four, five or 10 years and then be caught by surprise by being told our structure isn’t correct.”

Neymar Sr insists leaving Barcelona remains the only option if they do not receive clarity over their financial affairs.

“Neymar’s brand has been a business since 2006 and we want to be reassured that everything is correct,” he added.

“It’s unfair that we can later be caught by surprise and told it’s not correct. This lack of understanding makes us very insecure and uneasy.

“We have to do the right things and I’d like to know if Spain will let us work or we have to leave. I don’t want to use the word ‘persecution’ but if we don’t have a comfortable situation to work we can’t stay in Spain.

“If we are creating big problems for Spain, we can’t be here. We’ve never had such big tax problems.”

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What is the deal with his tax? Why the problems, does anyone know?

R'hllor

So he (he is not 10,you know) and his father make a mess and now they trying to force Barca to pay and clean their mess. If Barca refuse, they will start look for a club elsewhere ready to do so...and people want those 2 creatures to join us...

Status
Not open for further replies.