Neymar

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Because we've done so well on this front before... and found a better replacement (not that I'm exactly a Neymar fan boy). and of course, the Mail never makes things up

Manchester United opted against a big-money move for Neymar this summer due to fears over a lack of dedication and his father's 'money-obsessed' personality. (Daily Mail)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’d be our best forward instantly, but not worth the baggage that comes with it. Extremely unlikeable as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This was mentioned in the summer too.

He asks too much money in my opinion. What I will say about him though is that despite his significant celebrity, he is very professional in terms of how he approaches a game. I never see him not determined to impact a game, and he’s a diva, but turns up pretty much every time on a football pitch. I think this is more for himself than his team, but the result is the same.

Anyway, he’s the type of player we buy as a VVD sort of signing to complete the side. We need a few others first.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’d be our best forward instantly, but not worth the baggage that comes with it. Extremely unlikeable as well.
He’d be the best forward in England instantly.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’d be the best forward in England instantly.
He’d certainly be top 3. Mane, Sterling would be ahead of him for me. And I agree with your post before, on the pitch he is a class act (minus the obvious theatrics).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd love him here. Immense player.
Absolutely. The reality is, as far away as we look, if such a deal were to be pulled off, we’d probably be another 3 players away from having an XI that could compete for the PL. That said, without a progressive coach, we’d probably still be fighting for fourth.

Andersons Dietician

Great talent but how would he feel playing for us in the current situation we are in. If we are going to spend astronomical figures on any player no doubt breaking a world record for him then I’d rather push for Mbappe.

Just don’t think Neymar would have the mentality or drive to make his move here successful and I don’t think we as a team are in a position to have someone like Neymar. Would rather spread the fee it would take to get him around.

Plus I would hate to think of the impact he’d have on young Jesse. Just imagine the two of them, the Instagram videos Jesse could make.

Oh and let’s not forget about the theatrics which for me overshadow his actual ability which is strange considering some of the abuse he used to get playing in the Brazilian league.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He’d certainly be top 3. Mane, Sterling would be ahead of him for me. And I agree with your post before, on the pitch he is a class act (minus the obvious theatrics).
Neymar is a level above both of them.

JDubz

Supports
Man City
He'd be Pogba x10. Unbeatable on his day, but will demand 5 nights off a season to bang his sister. Would be on £500k+, disrupt the team, get the manager sacked and just generally stink up the joint. Would be massive for PR/Branding/Marketing etc, so surprised Woodward said no.

Hawks2008

Never going to happen, we're so far away from attracting a player of that calibre it's not funny.

redshaw

Don't believe it but it would be a huge bullet dodged for him. Would be very difficult for Neymar here at the best of times.

Hopefully he can get a Barca move next summer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is not worth more than 100M atm.

He is way too injury prone to be worth more than that.

PSG messed up not selling him last summer.

Matt007a

I doubt he would really have come here. Any suggestion he would is probably designed to force Barcelona into action as he clearly wants to go back there.

If he came here, he'd probably be the best player in the league, but he'd very quickly lose faith in our ability to compete. Added to that he's quite injury prone and the most unlikeable character around.

Luke1995

Would love to see him in the premier league. Ronaldinho, Kaká, Romario, Rivaldo and fat Ronaldo never came. Usually the best brazilian players prefer Spain and Italy...

He would be like Pogba on steroids off the pitch. Hes also nowhere near as good as he thinks he is on it.

It would be good to see him in the PL, just not here.

OleTheGreat

Neymar is a wonderful player but he has commitment issues and i don't think he'll stay long if things don't go his way. If he could leave Barca, anything is possible.

ValenciaRocks

Never in a million years would he join us in our current state.

I’d never have him here either. Yes he has ability, no doubting that, however, his off pitch antics and his immature personality would be a hinderance.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The likes of Mane, Sterling and Salah are nowhere near as good as Neymar.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Neymar is a wonderful player but he has commitment issues and i don't think he'll stay long if things don't go his way. If he could leave Barca, anything is possible.
Agree. If people think Pogba is uncommitted wait till they see Neymar. He's an incredible footballer but even PSG wasn't doing it for him. He's used to Messi's Barcelona. United of today is not going to excite him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah right like we opted out to sign him :lol:

Not to mention his wage is probably double of Pogba.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
of every single player on the planet he is the absolute last person I would bring in.
He is absolutely toxic

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Would love to see him in the premier league. Ronaldinho, Kaká, Romario, Rivaldo and fat Ronaldo never came. Usually the best brazilian players prefer Spain and Italy...
Because its less physical for there type of samba style game.

hn4manunited

Because we've done so well on this front before... and found a better replacement (not that I'm exactly a Neymar fan boy). and of course, the Mail never makes things up

Manchester United opted against a big-money move for Neymar this summer due to fears over a lack of dedication and his father's 'money-obsessed' personality. (Daily Mail)
it’d be a dream signing for Ed’s commercial side but I bet Ole was against it. Ole would never be able to manage a personality like Neymar.

DoomSlayer

it’d be a dream signing for Ed’s commercial side but I bet Ole was against it. Ole would never be able to manage a personality like Neymar.
Because a "world class manager" like Mourinho could manage Neymar? He failed miserably with Pogba.

hn4manunited

Because a "world class manager" like Mourinho could manage Neymar? He failed miserably with Pogba.
maybe. He’s managed other world class players successfully. The difference is in managers who have the credibility and know how to win as well as have won it vs someone like Ole who hasn’t done much in a managerial job. Players like Neymar wouldn’t listen to Ole. I’m not saying just Jose. I’m talking about even other managers who are in that category.

Tostao_80

Sterling has come on leaps and bounds and is a terrific player, but Neymar is clearly a better player. He's a better goal scorer and a significantly better playmaker. He's impacted games at the very highest level (CL final).
He's clearly superior