nfl 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Flacco and Ravens have agreed a deal for a new contract. He'll apparently become the highest paid QB in NFL history.

He's proven to be a solid QB but no way he should be earning more than Brady, Peyton, Brees or Rodgers IMO.
Baltimore had no choice. Other franchises would have gladly paid more to take him away from the Ravens.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Super Bowl champion Ravens trade WR Anquan Boldin to 49ers for 6th-round draft pick, sources tell ESPN.
That's an excellent pick up by the Niners. Probably a knock on effect from Flacco hogging all the cap room.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ed Reed to the 49'ers? Also seems like Ellerbe and Kruger are on their way out too. It's ok though Joe Flacco's paid.

ha_rooney

The Flacco money is looking more and more ridiculous each passing day. He had a great season, but no way should he be earning that much money and taking up that much cap room.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Flacco only counts as $6.8 million against the 2013 salary cap.

There is no way he will play out that contract as currently designed. He will either sign a new contract or restructure when the numbers get unmanageable in three years. This is the Ravens not being willing to stretch past their set value and their front office deserves the benefit of the doubt. The Ellerbe and Kruger deals are inflated. Boldin is arguable.

ha_rooney

feck :(. Big loss for the Pats, even if he dropped the SuperBowl.

Schefter saying we're looking at Amendola as a replacement.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I have to admit I’m surprised how low the money is, the Pats could have matched it. They must have just been willing to move on scheme wise after trying to do it at the beginning of last season. His two-year deal is worth $12 million. The Patriots' final and only recent offer for Welker was $10M over 2 years, with incentives according to Breer.

ha_rooney

Will be interesting what Pats do now. Apparently Lloyd will be released too which leaves a big hole at WR. Amendola would be a good pickup, similar to Welker, but he seems a bit injury prone.

Surely Welker leaving means Vollmer & Talib will re-sign. Even if Talib stays, we still have to improve the secondary (Ed Reed maybe?)

Andrew~

Seahawks trade for Percy Harvin (wide receiver) from the Vikings and sign Cliff Avril (defensive end) in free agency.

Some seriously good moves there, now they just need to draft well and they'll be in for another good season following last year.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Will be interesting what Pats do now. Apparently Lloyd will be released too which leaves a big hole at WR. Amendola would be a good pickup, similar to Welker, but he seems a bit injury prone.

Surely Welker leaving means Vollmer & Talib will re-sign. Even if Talib stays, we still have to improve the secondary (Ed Reed maybe?)
I can see them signing Talib, but wouldn't be too sure on Vollmer. I think Vollmer's not worth the (reported) price considering he gets injured so often. Having said that, I was fairly certain they'd re-sign Welker after Brady restructured his contract, so what do I know?

As for Lloyd: he didn't do much, so he's no loss. They'll pick someone up in the draft probably. Maybe David Nelson in free agency as well? He'd be a cheap addition.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Marcus Lattimore was able to do some drills today at the South Carolina Pro-Day, feck me that's impressive.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Flacco and Ravens have agreed a deal for a new contract. He'll apparently become the highest paid QB in NFL history.

He's proven to be a solid QB but no way he should be earning more than Brady, Peyton, Brees or Rodgers IMO.
Such an overrated QB. People here are calling ELi an overrated QB. If Eli is overrated, then I dont know what that makes Flacco.

Andrew~

NFL analysts are hilarious. On the Flacco thing, before the playoffs, they were going on about how a team needs an 'elite' quarterback to win the Superbowl, citing the last couple of seasons where the likes of Brady, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben and Brees have won it. But then they went on to say that to be considered 'elite', you have to have a Superbowl win...

Circular logic to the max.

NFL analysts are hilarious. On the Flacco thing, before the playoffs, they were going on about how a team needs an 'elite' quarterback to win the Superbowl, citing the last couple of seasons where the likes of Brady, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben and Brees have won it. But then they went on to say that to be considered 'elite', you have to have a Superbowl win...

Circular logic to the max.
:lol:

Just don't mention Tony Romo!

Status
Not open for further replies.