Nfl 2009-2010

Alex

Who here watches college football here, and has an oppinion on who should be the first draft picks?
It might have been Andre Smith until he went crazy, probably Matthew Stafford will go 1 if the Rams(I beleive they have the first pick) want him

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
T.O. has been cut
Call me crazy, but i'd take him in Atlanta, and I think he'd consider it as an option/

We NEED one more good reciever as well as some bulk on D... behind him he'd have Roddy White (Pro-Bowler now, very humble and reasonable human) and Michael Jenkins (The best #3 reciever in football), on top of a few young guys who may take 2/3 years to develpo, by then TO would be retired.

I'd be 100% open to bringing TO to Atlanta, he'd make Matt Ryan a better QB.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
You would seriously want him AS? You have a very good thing going there with Ryan, White, Douglas and Jenkins. If I know anything about Thomas Dimitroff he will be looking to add good, young, smart talent or maybe a pass catching tight end through the draft or other means. TO has diminishing skills at this point and is not worth all the attention he brings, he might even have a negative affect on a player like Ryan’s development. If the ego of Jerry Jones has admitted he is not able to incorporate him into a winning team and has decided he wants to make Dallas ‘Romo friendly’ that should tell you something.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
You would seriously want him AS? You have a very good thing going there with Ryan, White, Douglas and Jenkins. If I know anything about Thomas Dimitroff he will be looking to add good, young, smart talent or maybe a pass catching tight end through the draft or other means. TO has diminishing skills at this point and is not worth all the attention he brings, he might even have a negative affect on a player like Ryan’s development. If the ego of Jerry Jones has admitted he is not able to incorporate him into a winning team and has decided he wants to make Dallas ‘Romo friendly’ that should tell you something.
True but I think there's a change of heart on the horizon with this guy when he realises he wants a ring on his finger.

He's not diminishing, he just was caught in a situation with an egotistical QB and a egotistical GM.

I think he'd bag himself another thousand yard season, and wouldn't come with all that baggage.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Yeah, the need for a ring was supposedly what he went to Dallas for though and TO always comes with baggage. No doubt he was productive, I mean the guy has HoF career numbers, but it gets to the point with him where the negative affect he has on a team outweighs his productivity. It has been the same for every team he plays for, whether it’s calling out his QB or coordinator etc, demanding more balls are thrown his way or showing he is mentally unstable with public performances or outbursts. I honestly do think he is diminishing as well despite his recent numbers; it is more a result of the offence he has played in and the role he had. He is struggling to get off the line more and his hands have always been inconsistent. Too many dropped balls last year for me as well and he is 35.

Alex

Call me crazy, but i'd take him in Atlanta, and I think he'd consider it as an option/

We NEED one more good reciever as well as some bulk on D... behind him he'd have Roddy White (Pro-Bowler now, very humble and reasonable human) and Michael Jenkins (The best #3 reciever in football), on top of a few young guys who may take 2/3 years to develpo, by then TO would be retired.

I'd be 100% open to bringing TO to Atlanta, he'd make Matt Ryan a better QB.
:lol:

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Terrell Owens to the Buffalo Bills on a one year deal. At least it's not the Jets I suppose.

Him, Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish etc should make a good set of receivers.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Terrell Owens to the Buffalo Bills on a one year deal. At least it's not the Jets I suppose.

Put asses in the seats.

Although, it makes the AFC East even more exciting than last season, especially if Tom Brady doesn't return to his top form.

What do you guys think will happen with LT? Will he stay with the chargers?
No doubt, don't see why he'd be gone... his flashes of brilliance last season were productive, he just never got healthy.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
True but I think there's a change of heart on the horizon with this guy when he realises he wants a ring on his finger.

He's not diminishing, he just was caught in a situation with an egotistical QB and a egotistical GM.

I think he'd bag himself another thousand yard season, and wouldn't come with all that baggage.
And taking into consideration TO has the biggest ego of all NFL players it's not a winning combination. Only a fool would try to defend TO. Congrats.

MrMarcello

He's bitched when Garcia, McNabb and Romo didn't get him enough balls despite the fact he was thrown to more often than any other receiver on his teams. Considering Buffalo's QB, Trent Edwards, has nothing on those three just how will the coaches and players handle his antics? It will get old by week five. Good thing for Buffalo is there aren't long term ramifications if they cut TO in the season.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The fecking falcons? I don't think I like you anderson searl.
Unless you're another fan of an NFC South side, i give you 2 fingers in thep eace position.

And taking into consideration TO has the biggest ego of all NFL players it's not a winning combination. Only a fool would try to defend TO. Congrats.
Easy to say now, is there really any need to act like a cnut?

Thought his ways were changed, but this Bills move is just more justification he wants the spotlight... he'll be fecked off by the true Bills fans (As opposed to the idiots who support the Eagles & Cowboys, "bandwagoners" if you will) within a week if his antics start up.

He's bitched when Garcia, McNabb and Romo didn't get him enough balls despite the fact he was thrown to more often than any other receiver on his teams. Considering Buffalo's QB, Trent Edwards, has nothing on those three just how will the coaches and players handle his antics? It will get old by week five. Good thing for Buffalo is there aren't long term ramifications if they cut TO in the season.
That too, they could drop him to low loss and wouldn't suffer much in terms of penalties since it's a 1 year deal... this reminds be of Brett Favre to the Jets a whole lot.

MrMarcello

So I'm a bandwaggoner simply because I grew up in the DFW area and supported the Cowboys my entire life?

I was 50/50 on the signing in 2006. But I was against JJ giving him that huge extension last off-season. Complete waste and unnecessary. Basically paying TO to behave.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
So I'm a bandwaggoner simply because I grew up in the DFW area and supported the Cowboys my entire life?

I was 50/50 on the signing in 2006. But I was against JJ giving him that huge extension last off-season. Complete waste and unnecessary. Basically paying TO to behave.
Did I say you? :nono:

There's more "bandwagon, last few years" Cowboys fans than "True"... weird considering the drought they've been in.

Same with the Eagles.

What i'm saying is he's finally in a market where only True fans exist, it'll be very interesting to see the reactions to any feckery from him.

On top of this, the Bills are a team on the move potentially, and play a few games across the border annually... like a circus?

Pacman is next, take a page from the JJ book.

Alex

Searl if you want to see bandwagon fans go to a Pats game

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
True, if his history is anything to go by. He is on a short leash there with the way the deal is structured though as you say, so maybe he will leave it out for a while, the relationships with his teams usually sour as they go further on down the line. He also seemed to be surprised that he was cut and at the lack of interest by better teams, that could shut him up for a bit as well. I very much doubt it though.

I think Edwards has something about him, is an upgrade over Losman and will be able to get the ball to him and Evans to be honest. He has impressed me at times with his accuracy and played well until he got banged up and was dealing with the affects of the concussion etc. The only time he looked totally out of his depth was that Monday night game. Not that I am saying he is near McNabb or Romo, but I think he will continue to develop.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Just saw on TV, if the Bills release TO, they're only subject to pay the salary up to that point, and an additional 25% of the remaining schedule.

Well done to the Bills for this one.

GodlovesUnited

Well sweet feck this next season should be fun :lol:

fecking soaks couldn't even beat Carolina to give us the bye... bastards :mad:
It should be. I'm looking forward to it. Also, we're trying to make sure we finished in last. Last place always makes the playoffs the next year. I guess I would rather have a falcons fan than another member of the patriots brigade on here. What drove a canadian to be a falcons fan? Be honest, was it michael vick?

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
It should be. I'm looking forward to it. Also, we're trying to make sure we finished in last. Last place always makes the playoffs the next year. I guess I would rather have a falcons fan than another member of the patriots brigade on here. What drove a canadian to be a falcons fan? Be honest, was it michael vick?
Honestly no, alot of people think that was the key but they'd be shocked when they see my Jessie Tuggle jerseys from the 90's (I had 2).

I liked him then because of our shared birthday, but as I understood the game better he was one of the most under-rated players in the league, and it was great to see him get recognition by the NCAA and the Falcons ring of Honor.

He was my favorite player growing up, I got caught up into the Falcons buzz when I was young and my peak of understanding of the game happened to be '98, he one and only NFC title we won.

Good to have someone on here to banter with after those fun NFC South games ;)

GodlovesUnited

Honestly no, alot of people think that was the key but they'd be shocked when they see my Jessie Tuggle jerseys from the 90's (I had 2).

I liked him then because of our shared birthday, but as I understood the game better he was one of the most under-rated players in the league, and it was great to see him get recognition by the NCAA and the Falcons ring of Honor.

He was my favorite player growing up, I got caught up into the Falcons buzz when I was young and my peak of understanding of the game happened to be '98, he one and only NFC title we won.

Good to have someone on here to banter with after those fun NFC South games ;)
Ok. Just an odd choice for someone outside the country, I had to ask. Also, have you ever done the dirty bird?

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Ok. Just an odd choice for someone outside the country, I had to ask. Also, have you ever done the dirty bird?
Head down once every year or so... I actually haven't been down too much in the last 5 years, twice in 2004 and once this past season when we beat Chicago (What a finish !!)

Absolutely love them.

GodlovesUnited

Head down once every year or so... I actually haven't been down too much in the last 5 years, twice in 2004 and once this past season when we beat Chicago (What a finish !!)

Absolutely love them.
Atlanta isn't nearly nice enough of a city to visit that often, especially from canada. You must have relatives there.

MrMarcello

Lucky, lucky break when Anderson missed for the first time that year and Minnesota's defense couldn't contain molasses. When Atlanta won that game the SB was a foregone conclusion for me. I felt Denver wouldn't be able to contain Minnesota's offense but had a feeling Atlanta was in over its collective heads.

GloryHunter07

Haynesworth indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f39d96&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges in Tennessee after being involved in an accident that seriously injured another driver.

The charges come from a Dec. 13 incident in which police say Haynesworth was trying to pass another driver, who crashed into a concrete median.

Maximum punishment is six months in jail and a $500 fine on the reckless-driving charge and 30 days and a $50 fine for the other charge

What are the odds on him doing time?

GloryHunter07

Stallworth cooperating after running over pedestrian

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Police in Miami Beach say Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth has hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley.

Police spokesman Juan Sanchez says Stallworth hit a man crossing the busy causeway that links downtown Miami with Miami Beach around 7 a.m. Saturday.

The man was pronounced dead at a trauma center. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth is cooperating and no charges have been filed. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine. Police say it's too early to tell if Stallworth was violating traffic laws.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f42870&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

feck me

Alex

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Police in Miami Beach say Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth has hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley.

Police spokesman Juan Sanchez says Stallworth hit a man crossing the busy causeway that links downtown Miami with Miami Beach around 7 a.m. Saturday.

The man was pronounced dead at a trauma center. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth is cooperating and no charges have been filed. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine. Police say it's too early to tell if Stallworth was violating traffic laws.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f42870&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

feck me
These things are dangerous as feck almost got hit before myself.

GloryHunter07

Cutler asks Broncos to trade him

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler was a no-show for new coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting and the start of the Denver Broncos' offseason workouts, and if he has his way, he'll never step foot in their training facility again.

"The Denver Broncos confirm that Jay Cutler has requested a trade," team spokesman Jim Saccomano told The Associated Press on Monday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f45763&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

GloryHunter07

Apparently on a conference call designed to clear the air, McDaniels outlined the areas that Cutler could improve as a player.....