Nfl 2009-2010

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Apparently on a conference call designed to clear the air, McDaniels outlined the areas that Cutler could improve as a player.....
McDaniels and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

"That just isn't true," McDaniels said. "Not a word has been said about that."

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

Looks like McDaniel’s is fully in charge then, I believe Bowlen said he was disappointed in how Cutler handled it. It's a shame really, he is talented and with time to develop he could have learned the offense and flourished, in my opinion. He would need to cut back on his natural urge to chuck it and change his moody gunslinger attitude as well though. Hopefully, he just sucks it up and gets on with it.

GloryHunter07

McDaniels and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

Looks like McDaniel’s is fully in charge then, I believe Bowlen said he was disappointed in how Cutler handled it. It's a shame really, he is talented and with time to develop he could have learned the offense and flourished, in my opinion. He would need to cut back on his natural urge to chuck it and change his moody gunslinger attitude as well though. Hopefully, he just sucks it up and gets on with it.
Ah fair enough, hadnt seen that!

Doenst look like he's going to suck it up though.

Alex

He has more talent in his left testicle than Cassell does total. If McDaniels doesnt convince him to come back, I want him out unless he wins a SuperBowl

Alex

Patriots are trying desperately to get Julius Peppers

Alex

Apparently they have been some under the table stuff as well, talk as though the league may get involved if the potential deal goes through

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Jesus, yes, there must be something underhand going on, that stuff never gets old does it! :lol:

This supposed deal is in no way guaranteed by the way and there is no indication the Pats are desperate for him. Not sure I would want him to be honest even though he would be the first truly elite pass rusher in NE since Andre Tippett. There would be quite a few negatives and a lot of risk involved, we will see what comes to fruition.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Not shocked, he's shown interest as well so im surprised it's taking so long.
He did not actually show direct interest in the Pats though did he?

I believe what his agent said was that he wanted to pay as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 for the Cowboys, two unnamed NFC teams and one unnamed AFC team, or words to that affect. He is keeping his options open but it's quite clear he wants out of Carolina. I know your game anyway Mr Searl, you don't fool me. You are just hoping he is out of your division and not chasing Ryan around as soon as possible!

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
He did not actually show direct interest in the Pats though did he?

I believe what his agent said was that he wanted to pay as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 for the Cowboys, two unnamed NFC teams and one unnamed AFC team, or words to that affect. He is keeping his options open but it's quite clear he wants out of Carolina. I know your game anyway Mr Searl, you don't fool me. You are just hoping he is out of your division and not chasing Ryan around as soon as possible!
You read me like a book :(

No honestly he threw names out there during the Pro Bowl when Suzy went to talk to him, and he named the Pats... i'm pretty sure that is a sign of intent.

Edit: Called it on page 1:

It's quite clear money was on the table, and the focus was to build the defence, no question... it opens up a slot for a good rookie to develop, and Julius Peppers who has showed interest in playing in New England. Fairplay.
Didn't think I was going crazy

gbgary

GO PACK GO

probably looking at 8-8...10-6 if they're real lucky (they have a pretty easy schedule). rodgers needs a little more talent around him and another injury free season. looking forward to the draft.

Alex

Good for em, hope they slip up and fail because of this... such a bullshit scenario they pulled.
I fecking hope McDaniels never gets a job in teh NFL again, Cutler probably would have never been as good as Elway, but he still has every look of a star.

sidsutton

Actually I think the Broncos are making the right move. Cutler has talent but seems even more of an immature twat(not just judging from this episode). He has the arm but not sure he`ll ever have the brain to be great. get some defensive help/draft picks in exchange for him and don`t look back. I reckon he`ll drift from team to team putting up good numbers on losing teams before wearing out his welcome.

Alex

You forgot to mention the Broncos had no problem until Little Lord feck Pants came around

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Glad that's over it was getting boring, he also did not end up at the Jets. Both parties are to blame as well by the way, though understandably I would not expect some Bronco fans such as Alex to see it objectively. McDaniel's and Bowlen for trying to pull a trade and not either getting it done or keeping it totally quiet. Then Cutler for his hysterics, reportedly asking to be traded when Shanahan left and when his OC left for USC, then the nonsense over the telephone calls. First-round draft picks this year and in 2010, a third-round pick (84th overall) this year and Kyle Orton in exchange for Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round selection seems decent value. I still think they need another quarterback, though I have no clue who. Brady Quinn is one person I can think of who may be available and has proved he can run a watered down version of the intricate offense, albeit at a lower level. That said, he has not been that impressive so far from the little I have seen of him in the NFL.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
To play OLB in 3-4 Peppers would need to drop a few lbs one would think. Don't see too many 280lb OLBs.
Yes, that is my main concern. If he got down to about 270 I am confident he has the physical ability to play the old Willie McGinest Elephant role but it's still risky. He has played DE his whole life, has not dropped back much and basically took a season off because of contract issues a while back. Don't see him taking the pay cut that would be needed to get it done as well and Wilfork and Seymour have pay days coming up. Why would one of them take less if they see Peppers cashing in. As I said when the Redskins got Fat Albert and it became obvious Taylor would be released, I would prefer him instead. A one-two year deal on a feasible contract as well as an OLB in the draft (Sintim, English, Matthews, Barwin etc) would leave me feeling better about the future.

Also, I want them to keep hold of draft picks in case Maualuga slides because of his hamstring etc. USC are one of the few college teams I have seen in any great detail in recent years and in my opinion the talk of their other LB's going ahead of him is puzzling to say the least. I don't care what he runs in shorts and all that nonsense, he plays fast in pads, not only gets off blocks but runs through them and has leadership qualities. Perfect 3-4 strong ILB and has the potential to be special if he develops mentally.

Alex

Kyle Orton is shit, I'd rather have Chris Simms starting. Hopefully the Bears are shit next year so the Broncos get two high draft picks, because they obviously will be fecking shit.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The Bears are now a contender... brave to say but I feel like they now put themselves in the NFC North picture.

As for Vick, good for him, thanks for your memories

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
You forgot to mention the Broncos had no problem until Little Lord feck Pants came around
Sure Little Lord feck Pants started this whole mess, but according to Cutler now, he never wanted to be traded. I'm not sure whether to believe him or not, and I'm sure there was some miscommunication with his agent because agents tend to do that sort of thing (no offense to any good agents out there).

If Cutler is to be believe, then what the hell was up with the reports of him reiterating his desire to be traded? McDaniels came out and said he wanted Cutler to stay. If Cutler wanted to stay too he should've come out and said that. He now claims that his phone calls to Pat Bowlen were not answered and all this other stuff but if he wanted to stop a trade all he had to do was publicly come out and say that he wanted to stay sometime within the last couple weeks. You can blame McDaniels all you want for starting this, and Cutler had every right to be pissed, but he could've ended it any time he wanted to and chose not to.

That sort of behavior makes me somewhat glad the 49ers didn't get him, although he's a great talent and I'm sure Singletary wouldn't take any of the shit that's going on now. Denver got a pretty good deal but lost a good player. Orton's a decent enough game manager and they have plenty of picks to build with. I think they'll come out of this okay.

Alex

They will be a worse team next year than they were this year, I'd put the house on that. They had the one thing that is hardest to get in the NFL a franchise quarterback, a gunslinger the Broncos wouldnt have been 5-11 without Cutler last year as shit as there defense was. If they arent SuperBowl Champs within the span of McDaniels contract, 4 years I believe, than this will have been a huge mistake. I can just see it in the AFC Championship Game after Broncos get beat as their QB throws a late interception as the team was driving for the winning TD, and in the post game press conference McfeckFace say well if our Qb wouldnt have thrown that INT we would be in the SuperBowl.

I was pissed as feck when Denver traded Portis too, but at least I understood why, and overall it did improve the team, and Bailey came in and played very well. Although Portis would have been a 2k rusher in Denver had he stayed. fecking Kyle Orton, yeah he is gonna throw for 4500 yards next year, my ass, and before people say well it's because Denver threw so much, yeah no shit Shirlock their top seven running backs got hurt so defense could prepare for it.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Kyle Orton is shit, I'd rather have Chris Simms starting. Hopefully the Bears are shit next year so the Broncos get two high draft picks, because they obviously will be fecking shit.
Kyle Orton or Simms will be able to run McD's offense but they are not as good as Cutler. I think the Bears will do allright considering the North is not that very good unless the Vikings get a QB and not a "young Gus Frerotte"

The Bears are now a contender... brave to say but I feel like they now put themselves in the NFC North picture.

As for Vick, good for him, thanks for your memories
I hope the Bears win the NFC North, but it depends on the Vikings I would say. The Bears still need to get another receiver and some big help on Defense. Maybe Angelo will make some good late round picks like he used to

Alex

It really shows it all, McDaniels wanted Cassell. What did he go for? The 34th pick in the draft. They trade Jay Cutler. What do they get for 2 first round draft picks, the other teams starting Qb, and a third round pick.

Yeah, Cassell would have been a good pick up, feck that. That said if Cutler had to go this deal with the Bears is far better than the proposed three way deal involving NE and TB. Watch Cassell be a bust in KC.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Not surprised, he and Cutler were best friends. Reckon Marshall will say something sooner or later. Good job McfeckFace
I saw he was being interviewed by ESPN but I was at a bar and could not hear what he was saying. Maybe Greg Olson will be a good fantasy player next year with Cutler on board.

Alex

Probably reckon Antonio Bryant would be a better fantasy pickup

Alex

Rumor has it the Broncos may trade up to get Sanchez, reckon they are better off improving their defense and waiting another year to see who is a free agent and who is in the draft because they will be able to move up again next year with their two 1st rounders. That said Sanchez was fecking brilliant in the Rose Bowl

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I couldn't imagine being a ho's fan right now.

Playoff lock to missing, to feck ups in the staff, to Cutler gone... now they're on the ship destined for the bottom.

Alex

I was shocked when it happened I know it was a bad year, but shit happens, in the end reckon Shanny is smoking a cigar right now on the deck of his 20 million dollar mansion sipping a scotch, yelling at Bowlen his neighbor tend send over his pay cheque (20 million over the next 3 years). Doubt McDaniels wins the Broncos two Super Bowls

Erics_Collar

Orton is only a fix for this year, I think its pretty obvious that Broncos have their eyes on getting one of Tebow, Bradford or McCoy in next years draft.

Alex

Tebow and McCoy aren;t gonna even be first rounders.