Nfl 2010-2011

Chapster

bust. I'd be happy ot be proven wrong because it would be great to get more QBs that are the prototypical pocket passers being a success, however, watching him on film he's quite inaccurate in terms of hitting his receivers in the right spot (they always seem to check their step or have to reach), and the Jon Gruden clip hints at what Mike Mayock is getting at about his concerns about Newton. He looked completely disinterested and he couldn't even answer the question on verbiage...

clip here:
Did Cam Newton flunk the Jon Gruden test? | Smart Football

looks like a VY mrk 2 to me, great athlete, great potential, doesn't have the mentality to succeed

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Really? There were quite a few reaches weren't there? I mean not that many events as far as trades go, but the fact that only picks can be traded and not players has something to do with that.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm finding quite a few of my friends and co-workers feel the same way. Like the draft just all of sudden popped up on the calendar. It didn't have the annual buzz or feel for me, and I'm not the only person thinking this apparently. Maybe it's because of the lockout and lack of player movement and all. Reaches always happen in a draft. Ponder at 12 was stupid as was trading away five picks for Jones. It still didn't carry my interest like it has since the late 90s.

I also see this draft going down with 1999 as one of the most overrated batch of QBs ever.

forevrared

Obviously when most people are wondering if there is even going to be a season and there's no free agency, the draft is going to take a back seat in peoples' minds with regards to the NFL. I like doing the first round in prime time, although I'd rather they did it Friday night then did the rest on Saturday and Sunday like it's been done in the past.

As a draft it was about as exciting as any in recent memory although maybe the quality of player wasn't as high as its been in recent years. I think ESPN ruined a good bit of what makes the occasion exciting by insisting on announcing picks and trades before they were officially announced by the commissioner, which is the only real thing that bothered me. I'd taken to watching draft coverage on NFL Network in the last few years but my cable provider decided to take it away a couple months ago.

Chapster

I'm finding quite a few of my friends and co-workers feel the same way. Like the draft just all of sudden popped up on the calendar. It didn't have the annual buzz or feel for me, and I'm not the only person thinking this apparently. Maybe it's because of the lockout and lack of player movement and all. Reaches always happen in a draft. Ponder at 12 was stupid as was trading away five picks for Jones. It still didn't carry my interest like it has since the late 90s.

I also see this draft going down with 1999 as one of the most overrated batch of QBs ever.
don't think any are overrated (except newton/gabbert) but it was a perfect storm many teams needing a QB, no free agency, and a poor QB draft class

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Obviously when most people are wondering if there is even going to be a season and there's no free agency, the draft is going to take a back seat in peoples' minds with regards to the NFL. I like doing the first round in prime time, although I'd rather they did it Friday night then did the rest on Saturday and Sunday like it's been done in the past.

As a draft it was about as exciting as any in recent memory although maybe the quality of player wasn't as high as its been in recent years. I think ESPN ruined a good bit of what makes the occasion exciting by insisting on announcing picks and trades before they were officially announced by the commissioner, which is the only real thing that bothered me. I'd taken to watching draft coverage on NFL Network in the last few years but my cable provider decided to take it away a couple months ago.
Yeah NFL Network's coverage is far superior IMO. If you can find a stream it's probably worth it.