Nfl 2011-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thanks for the details Keyser. Seeing as Gaffney has previous with the Pats & McDaniels, I could see him back at NE.

Even if Gaffney returns, I'd still like us to sign a legitimate deep threat. Whether that is free-agency or draft picks, it's the only thing lacking in Brady's offense. Also, I hope we resign Ben Jarvus.

Chapster

pats should definitely sign Wallace well worth the 23?24th? overall pick they'd have to give up

Chapster

niners enter the manning race...

that team would be instantly the SB favourite in my opinion if they nab him.

Chapster

they can't rely on landry because he's always seems to get injured. good player though

ha_rooney

Like the signing of Lloyd, not seen much of Anthony Gonzalez but good we're making moves at WR.

Manningham joining the 49ers. Having already a great defense, then having signed Moss & Manningham and the prospect of getting Manning at QB - the 49ers look very good for next season.

gormless

Like the signing of Lloyd, not seen much of Anthony Gonzalez but good we're making moves at WR.

Manningham joining the 49ers. Having already a great defense, then having signed Moss & Manningham and the prospect of getting Manning at QB - the 49ers look very good for next season.
I hope Mannning doesn't go to 49er's. They could genuinely go 16-0 if Moss is still Moss.

As for Gonzalez I don't see him making much of an impact, wouldn't be surprised to see him get released at some point during training camp. Lloyd, Welker (supposedly working on a long term deal at the moment), the tight ends, the assumption that Ochocinco can't be as disappointing this year as last, and Edelman means he won't get that much of a role to play. Especially if Branch comes back on a low paying deal

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Come on Peyton, make a decision already. Don't sign up for 49'ers, we may all as well back our things and go.

It's surprising how little cap money NY Giants have. They don't make a lot of moves in the Free Market agency as well.

Neutral

BTV
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
More filed to ESPN: And now that Peyton Manning has directed his agent to get deal done with Denver, Broncos will try to trade Tim Tebow.

Tebow - the Lord seems to have abandoned you :( not to worry, probably just another test :nod:

Neutral

BTV
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...yton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

Peyton Manning will become the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos, barring a snag during intensified contract negotiations that have commenced under the instruction of the four-time MVP to his agent Tom Condon, according to multiple sources.

Once the Manning deal becomes official, Denver will try to trade Tim Tebow, according to sources.

Manning instructed Condon to negotiate the finite details of a contract that would conclude with him joining the Broncos after a frenzied but focused process that began when the Indianapolis Colts released him March 7.

A contract between the two sides is expected to be a formality. Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and Manning first discussed the parameters of a five-year, $95 million contract during their March 9 meeting in Denver, the first time the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback visited a team during his free agency.

Elway then told Manning during the Friday, March 16 trip to Durham, N.C. -- where the quarterback has done the majority of his training -- that he wanted to finalize a contract "fair to both sides." Neither side expects any hangups.

However, details such as guaranteed money, structure of the deal and contract language designed to protect the Broncos in the event of Manning's inability to perform due to his prior neck surgeries all will be addressed in the contract, sources said.

Yet the Broncos have few concerns with Manning's medical condition. He already passed the physical exam that a team of Broncos doctors administered during the visit to Durham, a development that Elway informed Manning of when he returned home to Denver that night.

Manning also passed physical exams by the San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans but he has told all teams that he still has gains to achieve in terms of arm strength and endurance that are related to nerve regeneration due to his neck injury. Nevertheless, his throwing sessions observed by all three teams -- combined with extensive video of previous workouts -- was satisfactory enough for those teams to pursue the most celebrated available player since the NFL's free agency era began in 1993.

But Elway now has helped produce Denver's biggest win since he led the Broncos to their last Super Bowl win in January 1999. Elway and Manning have stayed in close contract throughout this process, strengthening a relationship that grew well beyond the golf the two had played together in the past.

Manning is comfortable enough with Denver that he has directed Condon not to negotiate with the other two finalists, the San Francisco 49ers and the Tennessee Titans, to avoid any perception that he was seeking financial leverage, sources said.

Only an unforeseen significant obstacle that would develop during the final stages of negotiations would prevent Manning from signing with the Broncos, sources said.

Once the contract is completed, Manning will travel to Denver for a press conference to formally introduce him as the team's next quarterback. Shortly thereafter, Manning will be allowed to work with the team's trainers, strength and medical staffs because of his prior neck surgery.

While Manning soon will arrive in Denver, Tebow could well depart. According to sources, Denver will try to trade Tebow -- who led the team to an 8-8 finish, an AFC West title and a first-round playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Manning's arrival will set in motion a string of personnel moves for the Broncos. Denver has had a free-agent plan strictly for if the team was able to sign Manning. The two sides now will pursue other players to bolster the roster, some of whom will be familiar to Manning.

One interesting player is former Colts center Jeff Saturday, whom Manning has always endorsed as invaluable to his own performance. A source said discussions related to Saturday, who was Manning's center with the Colts for 12 years, involved evaluations by all three teams' personnel and coaching staffs on whether he would be a logical fit for the team. However, Manning did not mandate that he and Saturday would be a package deal, sources said.

Saturday was supposed to visit the Green Bay Packers and Tenneesse, but Denver will have great allure due to Manning's arrival, whenever it becomes official.

ha_rooney

Last I heard, Dolphins were talking with Alex Smith, although I suspect the 49ers will move quickly to resign him.

Tebow to Miami would be the logical option as they're searching for a QB. I wonder if the Pats will be interested, apparently Belichick was very impressed by Tebow before he got drafted and it's the type of left-field move Bill likes to make. Perhaps Bill will follow my idea and make Tebow a FB, where he would be far more effective, should he come.

A five-year, $95 million :eek: Wonder how much he will be guaranteed?

Chapster

unbelievable from manning. I can't see tebow being traded for much... his best bet was jacksonville but they have gabbert and signed henne already so can't see it happening.

Broncos would still be in the market for 2 more QBs though... they will trade tebow and have lost quinn, so don't have any on the roster other than manning...

Heffo

Really disappointed with how the whole Manning saga worked out for the Titans. I'm not overly disappointed that they didn't get him as I'm happy enough with the QB situation as it is, but Bud Adams messed up our free agency plans by insisting on trying to get Manning.

Guard, Centre and Defensive end in particular were bigger needs than QB and by focusing on Manning we essentially lost any chance we had to land Mario Williams, Scott Wells, Chris Myers, Ben Grubbs and Carl Nicks. Also the only Free Agent we signed so far is guard Steve Hutchinson according to some media was signed to entice Peyton to Tennessee as the two were friends.

Now chances are we'll have to target lesser players to fill our positions of need and it will be more likely we'll be forced to reach for players in the draft considering at the time being we have just one DE under contract.

49ers could be effected as well if Smith decides to sign elsewhere but at least they added Manningham while the process was going on.

gormless

Well that was an exciting hour or so. Tebow to Jets. Sanchez and Tebow?

In other news,Payton suspended for a year and Saints lose two second round picks. Still think they should have had a 1st rounder taken away considering Spygate and how intentionally injuring people is far worse than filming

ha_rooney

Good luck to Tebow with Rex. I think they'll use him as a FB and return to their ground and pound offense.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
At least Goodell has shown some consistency. In that heavy punishments to set a precedent on certain issues are not only designed to make a name for yourself in the first year or so in your role. All kneel at the feet of the all mighty God-ell.

While on the subject of God, I hope all Jets fail miserably at life. The Angelic Tebow included.

ha_rooney

Tebow to Jets has a slight problem and could be nullified according to Schefter.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis has joined the Bengals. Disappointed the Pats couldn't re-sign him, very reliable player who gives it his all each game.

Neutral

BTV
Saints getting absolutely hammered - deserve it too. This is a rough sport as it is...guys this size, shouldn't be able to move this quick...the last thing we need is coaches encouraging players to hurt other players.

I realize this isn't new, and this won't end it...but at least this will be a strong deterrent to others thinking about it going forward.

Skywarden

Tebow to Jets has a slight problem and could be nullified according to Schefter.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis has joined the Bengals. Disappointed the Pats couldn't re-sign him, very reliable player who gives it his all each game.
Great signing for the Bengals.

Oh, and:

ha_rooney

The Tebow move will cause more disharmony for that locker room. As a Pats fan I will enjoy them meltdown during the season, especially if Sanchez starts poorly.

Pats resign Branch, a lot if depth this year at WR, wonder if we'll keep Ocho and Edelman. Brady has restructured his contract to create some cap room, not sure if it will do so but I hope this means Welker can sign a long term deal with us soon.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Remember Welker is due to be on the books at the franchise tag figure ha_rooney. So any extension would likely create further room on the cap. Maybe its a sign that they don't believe a deal will be done before the season so they created more wiggle room via Brady but who knows. I'm hoping they get Gronk or Hernandez on an early Ty Warren, Jerod Mayo type renewal at some point. If they let the contracts run down, I doubt they can keep both long term.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I wasn't sure where to put this but this story was pretty cool. Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is an attention whore, but his heart is usually in the right place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...rily-kind-depressed-widow-203444079--nfl.html
I saw that yesterday - v cool story!

Agree about Ochocinco. Having followed him on Twitter I think he is a real class act.

There are countless times during the season that he says what city he's in and where he's going to dinner, and then says the first 200 people will eat on him.

Another time he said he was driving through a neighborhood and some fan said he should come round to say hi - and he did and hung out with him.

These events are also far from the produced/managed/staged events that you might occasionally hear some celebrity doing. They are random events that you only hear about if you read it happening on Twitter.

Class guy.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Is anybody going to pay for access to the All 22 film, now its available.

It should make some of the stats on sites like Pro football Focus even more irritating.

ha_rooney

Saints finally doing the right thing, although that's a lot of guaranteed money even for someone of Brees' class. Are Brady/Rodgers on similar guaranteed money?

Edit: seems Brady is guaranteed around 50 million, not sure about Rodgers. Got this from twitter:

@KNegandhiESPN: The highest guaranteed contract in NFL history is $60M to Drew Brees.. Meanwhile MLB has had 34 $100M contracts.. all of them guaranteed..

:eek::eek:

ha_rooney

I'll give it maximum 5 games before Tebow is named starting QB for the Jets and I'll give him 2 games as starter before the Jets fans boo him out of New York.

Can't wait to see Brady link up with Lloyd. With him as a legitimate deep threat + Welker and the TEs our offense should be even better this season.

gormless

I'll give it maximum 5 games before Tebow is named starting QB for the Jets and I'll give him 2 games as starter before the Jets fans boo him out of New York.

Can't wait to see Brady link up with Lloyd. With him as a legitimate deep threat + Welker and the TEs our offense should be even better this season.
O line looks a worry though. Mankins and Vollmer injured. And no news on Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.