NFL 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
How come we don't know who the first person Von Miller kissed after winning the SB was?

Or are they keeping it on the downlow because it's also Papa John and he's been seeing Von Miller on the side?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Demariyus Thomas has a wonderful story and I respect the hell out of him for that but for a premier receiver, he has 3 receptions and 20 yards in the two biggest games of his career.

Neutral

BTV
Demariyus Thomas has a wonderful story and I respect the hell out of him for that but for a premier receiver, he has 3 receptions and 20 yards in the two biggest games of his career.
Tbf to him, he did have 13 catches and got the only touchdown in his last super bowl a couple of years ago. Most of the catches were meaningless, as the Broncos got throttled by the Seahawks of course.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Tbf to him, he did have 13 catches and got the only touchdown in his last super bowl a couple of years ago. Most of the catches were meaningless, as the Broncos got throttled by the Seahawks of course.
Even those were in garbage time if I recall correctly. Kam Chancellor put a wind-breaking hit on him to start the game, which pretty much set the tone of that night. He spent all night hiding from Seattle's secondary and made some plays once the game was decided.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This one just showed how Defense wins Championships - this Broncos group will go up in the all time pantheon - 70s steel curtain, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 13 Seahawks, 15 Broncos etc.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
BTW, I can't see any reason the Broncos can't get back next year with Osweiler. If Phillips stays, the D will be top 3 at least. They do need to add a marquee receiver who can complement Sanders and Thomas.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Manning's retirement frees up a good $21 million in cap room. But a lot of dudes are going to want paying out of that. If Ware wants another ring you would think he might take less than his $11 mil form last year though, guys like Talib and Wolffe are signed through.

Neutral

BTV
This one just showed how Defense wins Championships - this Broncos group will go up in the all time pantheon - 70s steel curtain, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 13 Seahawks, 15 Broncos etc.
They showed a stat that since the 1985 bears, everytime a no.1 ranked defense has gotten to the SB it has won. The only exception, the 2014 seahawks...and we all know, they were one Lynch run from winning.

Phil

They showed a stat that since the 1985 bears, everytime a no.1 ranked defense has gotten to the SB it has won. The only exception, the 2014 seahawks...and we all know, they were one Lynch run from winning.
:( Here comes the Sherman pic.

Our D was injured badly across the board, if that helps. If I recall, both safeties were fecked, Sherman had a limp arm, Avril left the game taking away our pass rush completely and Lane injured himself in the game too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Manning's retirement frees up a good $21 million in cap room. But a lot of dudes are going to want paying out of that. If Ware wants another ring you would think he might take less than his $11 mil form last year though, guys like Talib and Wolffe are signed through.
Miller as well but he's likely to be franchise tagged.

Brock's contract is also up, not sure how much he'll be able to command at this point though.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The 5 best defenses in the last 25 years don't really back this up:

• 2015 Broncos - won Super Bowl
  • 1991 Eagles - missed playoffs
  • 2002 Buccaneers - won Super Bowl
  • 2012 Bears - missed playoffs
  • 2004 Bills - missed playoffs

Then you've got these actual Super Bowl winners and their defensive ranks from recent times:

04 Patriots - 7th
05 Steelers - 3rd
06 Colts - 26th
07 Giants - 13th

08 Steelers - 1st
09 Saints - 17th
10 Packers - 2nd
11 Giants - 19th
12 Ravens - 19th

13 Seahawks - 1st
14 Patriots - 11th

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Eboue you've got much more knowledge than me on these things, where would you rate this Broncos D historically?

I've heard people saying up there with the best ever, best since 85 Bears etc, what do you think?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
@Eboue you've got much more knowledge than me on these things, where would you rate this Broncos D historically?

I've heard people saying up there with the best ever, best since 85 Bears etc, what do you think?
I think on a purely talent base it can't match the 85 Bears or the 91 Eagles. The only statistics I truly trust have only gone back till like 88 or so thus far so it's hard to really compare beyond that. I would consider this defense in the 02 Bucs / 00 Ravens class with not much to separate them though.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The 5 best defenses in the last 25 years don't really back this up:

• 2015 Broncos - won Super Bowl
  • 1991 Eagles - missed playoffs
  • 2002 Buccaneers - won Super Bowl
  • 2012 Bears - missed playoffs
  • 2004 Bills - missed playoffs

Then you've got these actual Super Bowl winners and their defensive ranks from recent times:

04 Patriots - 7th
05 Steelers - 3rd
06 Colts - 26th
07 Giants - 13th

08 Steelers - 1st
09 Saints - 17th
10 Packers - 2nd
11 Giants - 19th
12 Ravens - 19th

13 Seahawks - 1st
14 Patriots - 11th
Well you do have to have some semblance of an offense to win Super Bowls.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

85 Bears were easily the best. They revolutionized Defense for the next quarter century.

NecssryEvil

85 Bears were easily the best. They revolutionized Defense for the next quarter century.
Not going to disagree with you on your thought but one thing about that 85 Bears group is that they did not have to deal with free agency like there is today. They were able to add pieces (players) and had little to worry about as far as anyone deciding to leave for a better contract.

I think Eboue hit it spot on as far as how I feel when ranking the top Ds when he notes (with extra props for noting the 91 Eagles team):

I think on a purely talent base it can't match the 85 Bears or the 91 Eagles. The only statistics I truly trust have only gone back till like 88 or so thus far so it's hard to really compare beyond that. I would consider this defense in the 02 Bucs / 00 Ravens class with not much to separate them though.
But again, both the teams he notes as the best did not have to deal with FA. Late 70's Steeler's D were something else too.

Just super proud of this Broncos team and wish I could have made the parade but was stuck in the office while my wife, boss and co-workers got to go enjoy it. feck that short straw bullsh...

Phil

Question. How often do teams change shirts? No one seems to have in my time watching the NFL, that I've noticed.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Question. How often do teams change shirts? No one seems to have in my time watching the NFL, that I've noticed.
It's very rare, besides tweaks that you'd hardly notice, some teams go decades.

Hell, the biggest differences in the Bears shirt compared to their 40's throwback is different coloured numbers and slightly different sleeve stripes.

Phil

Thanks. That's strange considering they seem to take any $$ opportunity but I'm happy my shirt will stay relevant for a while yet.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Thanks. That's strange considering they seem to take any $$ opportunity but I'm happy my shirt will stay relevant for a while yet.
Aye, it's pretty cool, and odd as you say for money reasons. Also, no shirt sponsors when they have every damn other thing sponsored.

I think the only thing that gives away that my regular Pats shirt isn't this seasons is that it's Wilfork.

I have an old Reebok Titans shirt, and it seems worlds apart, but it's not a direct comparison as it's one of the old "authentic" ones, and my Pats shirts and Bears shirt are the regular/less expensive.

Neutral

BTV
Soooo...are we not talking about the Sean King Peyton Manning thingy?
For me what he initially did isn't the worst thing, rather what his family did to try to destroy her life afterwards....

So similar to that cnut Lance Armstrong...who strung us all along regarding the doping allegations and destroying anyone who dared to call him out on it.

entropy

For me what he initially did isn't the worst thing, rather what his family did to try to destroy her life afterwards....

So similar to that cnut Lance Armstrong...who strung us all along regarding the doping allegations and destroying anyone who dared to call him out on it.
True. To go after someone and destroy his/her career is just awful. I don't get why these sort of allegations pop up at a time like this. No one is going to give a shit or take action. Atmost it will just divide his fans or defend him even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.