NFL 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral

BTV
True. To go after someone and destroy his/her career is just awful. I don't get why these sort of allegations pop up at a time like this. No one is going to give a shit or take action. Almost it will just divide his fans.
It's natural...Manning is in the spotlight atm, so people will take advantage of it.

King is scum, BUT the issue is valid.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
One of the main things was, back when it happened, it was much easier to brush under the rug, then again, there were plenty of opportunities to make it a big deal again.

Maximum impact, I guess.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That Manning stuff is pretty awful.

Neutral

BTV
Yet...Cam Newton and his celebrations or post superbowl interview etiquette are worthy of national debate

:lol:

Just to be clear, I am not hinting at any racial angles...after all, everyone has decided to ignore what Kobe did.

gormless

He's a total attention seeker who isn't half as clever as he thinks he is.
I enjoyed his book and whilst he does have a bit of an ego and tend to write articles that seem to come across a bit high and might, he's put a lot of effort into articles and appearances which help the rights of others. There are far more annoying people in the league than Chris Kluwe. He's a harmless geek who views himself as more intelligent than others

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
@Eboue you've got much more knowledge than me on these things, where would you rate this Broncos D historically?

I've heard people saying up there with the best ever, best since 85 Bears etc, what do you think?
You can't really compare them, since the 'rules' have changed so much in favor of the offense.

A case could be made in light of this that Denver's D put in one of the greatest performances of all time despite the fact, as Eboue correctly pointed out, they are not the most talented D of all time by any stretch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Matt Kalil and Mike Wallace could be cut.

JPRouve

Scout
Wallace is incredibly one dimensional, and not even that good at his one trick (to mix metaphors). Kalil has just been a huge disappointment
While you are right about Kalil, it's incredibly hard to find a left tackle of his level (average), so I'm kind of surprised by the potential cut, I'm fairly sure that his 11m per year contract can be reduced drastically since no one will give him that. As for Wallace, he was useless so it's not surprising but that rumor is interesting because the Vikings will have a lot of money to spend, maybe on Russell Okung?

Taxx

I just got out of the newbie section; so finally I can partake in this thread!

I'm a Vikings fan. Any other on here, by chance?

About Wallace and Kalil being cut: I can see why. Kalil had that one great, first season where he was terrific, 2012, I think, where he also went to the Pro Bowl? But since then it seems like he's lost his appetite for the game, had a hard time keeping on the weight previous season, etc. And Wallace, well, he sure was underwhelming. Don't know if it was the playcalling or Teddy's deep balls being not up to scratch, but it didn't seem to me like we used Wallace like we originally intended to. Plus he completely disappeared during games, a lot.

What do you guys think about Bridgewater, by the way? I'm sure you've discussed him some before. I'm just glad we don't have Ponder anymore, let's just leave it at that. I'm hoping Teddy can be our Dalton, or something along those lines.

bucky

About Wallace and Kalil being cut: I can see why. Kalil had that one great, first season where he was terrific, 2012, I think, where he also went to the Pro Bowl? But since then it seems like he's lost his appetite for the game, had a hard time keeping on the weight previous season, etc. And Wallace, well, he sure was underwhelming. Don't know if it was the playcalling or Teddy's deep balls being not up to scratch, but it didn't seem to me like we used Wallace like we originally intended to. Plus he completely disappeared during games, a lot.

What do you guys think about Bridgewater, by the way? I'm sure you've discussed him some before. I'm just glad we don't have Ponder anymore, let's just leave it at that. I'm hoping Teddy can be our Dalton, or something along those lines.
I think @JPRouve is one.

Neutral

BTV
@Taxx welcome to the big leagues :lol:

Teddy is decent and I think with the right pieces and continued progress he can be an above average qb in the league. But I don't see him ever becoming truly elite.

TheGK

I'm one as well.

JPRouve

Scout

Welcome fellow Viking fan.:D

Wallace: At 11m Wallace is too expensive and he isn't a good fit for that roster, he is a good fit for Norv Turner Air Coryell offense though.

Kalil: Like Wallace at 11m he is too expensive, the Vikings can afford that salary but you have to ask yourself if it's not possible to have a left taclle as good as him, which means an average LT, for less money or if you can have a better LT for the same amount of money. I say average because even though he isn't very good in pass protection, he is good at run blocking.

Now concerning the playcalling it's awful, the Vikings play Run-Run-Pass, and it's easy to see the problem, most of the time Peterson goes nowhere which forces the offense to play a 3rd and long, which brings an heavy pass rush and Teddy running for his life, Bridgewater is an accurate and intelligent passer but he can't do miracles.
In my opinion the Vikings should use the Erhardt-Perkins offense, just put the offense in Bridgewater's hands let him choose his targets, and split the running game between Mckinnon and Peterson evenly or trade Peterson.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Hola @Taxx. I follow the Vikings a bit just because of AD who I went to school with.

I think Bridgewater is good game manager but that's about it. Not that it is such a bad thing, but he couldn't carry a team through a playoff run a la Brady or Rodgers.

Taxx

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Now concerning the playcalling it's awful, the Vikings play Run-Run-Pass, and it's easy to see the problem, most of the time Peterson goes nowhere which forces the offense to play a 3rd and long, which brings an heavy pass rush and Teddy running for his life, Bridgewater is an accurate and intelligent passer but he can't do miracles.
In my opinion the Vikings should use the Erhardt-Perkins offense, just put the offense in Bridgewater's hands let him choose his targets, and split the running game between Mckinnon and Peterson evenly or trade Peterson.
That is just so right. The play-calling being predictable is just so right - always running on first, etc. I get that you sort of "have to" do that with Peterson in the team, but I mean, why not just be more intelligent about it and not forcing it? Seems like a much more balanced approach, but the running game has been the go-to for so many years now. Not like the O-line bought Peterson much time this year, anyways, or Teddy for that matter.

You reckon we'll go O-line or WR in the 1st?

JPRouve

Scout
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

That is just so right. The play-calling being predictable is just so right - always running on first, etc. I get that you sort of "have to" do that with Peterson in the team, but I mean, why not just be more intelligent about it and not forcing it? Seems like a much more balanced approach, but the running game has been the go-to for so many years now. Not like the O-line bought Peterson much time this year, anyways, or Teddy for that matter.

You reckon we'll go O-line or WR in the 1st?
I don't know, it will depend on the free agency. It's a boring answer but for the moment I will bet on the best player available because our needs are quite popular, Treadwell and the best O-linemen are projected in the top 10 and after that the players filling our needs are more 2nd or 3rd round worthy, so BPA or trading down.

Neutral

BTV
Not a big surprise...Jets have released Antonio Cromartie (injuries have slowed him down and he was set to make a fair bit of money)....

he better hurry up and get another team, all that child support isn't going to pay itself :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Not a big surprise...Jets have released Antonio Cromartie (injuries have slowed him down and he was set to make a fair bit of money)....

he better hurry up and get another team, all that child support isn't going to pay itself :lol:
He was nailed on to be out to be fair!

On a side note I'm really interested to see where all these running backs will end up.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He was nailed on to be out to be fair!

On a side note I'm really interested to see where all these running backs will end up.
I reckon Martin will stay put in Tampa Bay. Hope the Cowboys are looking into Forte but I've got a feeling he could very well go to the Patriots :nervous:

JPRouve

Scout
Who is going to take a punt at Greg Hardy?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Panthers franchise tag Josh Norman., they'll continue to work on a long-term solution but take a one-year salary of $13.952m for now.

Same story with Broncos and Von Miller.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A little disappointed that we've had to tag Miller, was hoping a long term deal would have been agreed seeing as he's repeatedly said he wants to stay.

JPRouve

Scout
A little disappointed that we've had to tag Miller, was hoping a long term deal would have been agreed seeing as he's repeatedly said he wants to stay.
It's the NFL, the owners try their best to fleece the players and he needs to have as much guaranteed money as he can.

JPRouve

Scout
True. We've got a worrying number of big players about to enter free agency.
I just had a look and :lol:, you are not keeping half of the big names, even if Manning retires you will need to give Osweiler a big contract, the two inside linebackers worth a lot of money, Vernon Davis won't be re-signed but you won't miss him, you should have a discount on Mathis, the two RBs will cost 4m more than they currently do.

Status
Not open for further replies.