NFL 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No by his players I mean guys he picks in the draft or signs or trades for. Bradford is his guy because he made the decision to bring him in. Foles was Reid's guy because he was already there when Kelly arrived.

He's had tremendous success everywhere he has coached and has rose rapidly through the ranks. Imagine Manchester United hiring someone as manager with full control of transfers who had no notable playing career and was an assistant coach in non league football 10 years before.

Some of these moves are puzzling but Kelly has earned the benefit of the doubt.
This is his first stint in the NFL. He has done a decent job so far but if his moves don't work out by mid season questions will be asked and rightly so.

Phil

Is Reggie Bush any good?

49ers are making moves, I just don't know if they're good ones.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
This is his first stint in the NFL. He has done a decent job so far but if his moves don't work out by mid season questions will be asked and rightly so.
I think the Eagles heads have made a firm commitment with their decision to "reassign" Roseman. Chip will get 2 more years at least.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What do you guys think about a Peterson trade to the Cards, for a 2nd round ?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

The Eagles fans would be so welcoming :lol:

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Ahahahah, Tebow working out with the Eagles!

Enjoy Eagles fans :lol:

GloryHunter07

7 year extension for Khalil Mack, 50 million this year, nothing for the next 6?
They've blown another free agency in my opinion. They could have made themselves a playoff team this year.
Bit early for that, but keeping Veldheer and adding a couple of quality young FA would certainly made us relevant.

I dont think we can negotiate with Mack for a couple of years due to rules?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Are the 49ers Experiencing the Worst Offseason in NFL History?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league
Do you remember when the 49ers were good?

I'm not talking about Montana's 49ers. I'm talking about Harbaugh's. They were monsters. They were smartly run and nasty and brilliant. They were copied, feared, hated, taunted, did the taunting. They were an example, a blueprint, a rival, a bully. They were all these things. They were also something else: They were better than almost everyone else.

Harbaugh's first year, a rebuilding one in 2011, the 49ers went 13-3. It was the first time the franchise had gone to the playoffs in almost a decade. He'd go on to be the first coach to reach the NFC title game in each of his first three seasons. There was a Super Bowl appearance. There was an organization, helping to push another one located inSeattle to greatness. There was also a re-energizing of a great franchise.

Do you remember? Do you remember when the 49ers were good?

Keep those memories because after what is maybe the worst offseason any team has ever had, the 49ers are looking 3-13 squarely in the face.

Across the sport, interviews with team executives show a general shock at what's happened to the 49ers. That's the word used over and over: shock. One team executive said, "the 49ers are f----d." But generally, the emotion was shock.

Other teams look at the 49ers and, to a person, everyone I interviewed assigned blame for the current predicament to the front office. The 49ers are seen by others in the league as a dysfunctional unit: It was corralled by Harbaugh, and the absence of Harbaugh led to the current unraveling. But that is another story for another day.

What's important now is the speed of the unraveling of this franchise. I spoke to a handful of front office people, and no one could ever remember an offseason atomization like this. The Ray Rice debacle with the Ravens was mentioned. The Ray Lewis murder charge was mentioned. But those situations, as chaotic as they were, involved just one player.

It is likely unprecedented to see a franchise go through this level of discombobulation. Some of the issues are blameless, others are not. Consider:

• Harbaugh gone, along with most of his assistant coaches. While it's clear that Harbaugh did begin to irritate some in the locker room, it's also clear that Harbaugh was the glue.
  • Chris Borland gone. Had the potential to be one of the best young defensive players in football.
  • Frank Gore, one of the stabilizing forces in the locker room, gone.
  • Patrick Willis, multiple Pro Bowler, gone.
  • Michael Crabtree won't be back. Not a great player but had 68 catches last year.
  • Guard Mike Iupati went to Arizona. He's an extremely underrated player.
  • Cornerback Chris Culliver, who has had his own off-field issues, signed with Washington.
  • Dan Skuta, another promising player, signed with the Jaguars.
  • Justin Smith reportedly set to retire.
None of this includes the fact that some team officials still believe the 49ers will trade Colin Kaepernick despite the team's denials they will.

There are other issues, and not all of the issues were in management's control. Something has happened, though. Something more than what's on the surface. It's as if everyone capable of heading for the escape pods is indeed leaving.

All of this falls onto a coach, Jim Tomsula, who is unproven as a head coach. Welcome, Jim! If he is somehow able to get this carcass of a franchise to the postseason, he should win Coach of the Year for the next five years.

Torrey Smith? Good player. Reggie Bush, who the 49ers also signed? He's 800 years old. He caught passes from Y.A. Tittle.

The Browns haven't had a great offseason, with their starting quarterback in rehab, their GM texting and their wide receiver suspended, but they didn't lose a head coach.

Losing a coach the caliber of Harbaugh is what makes this maybe the worst offseason any franchise has ever seen. Maybe ever will see.

Do you remember when the 49ers were good?

Seems like such a long time ago.
Really not enjoying this offseason. Losing Willis was bad enough, but it was lessened by the fact that Borland had an outstanding rookie season. Now he has decided to retire after one season.

Really hope Kap isn't going to be traded...

iSparky

Well, shit. Considered an underachiever last year. Maybe Bill sees something he likes and fancies a chance at trying to get more out of him.

gormless

Well, shit. Considered an underachiever last year. Maybe Bill sees something he likes and fancies a chance at trying to get more out of him.
QB's had a QB rating of 107.6 when throwing at him last year. His coverage rating had him at the 101st best cornerback out of 108. He's got to be a camp body and nothing else.

iSparky

QB's had a QB rating of 107.6 when throwing at him last year. His coverage rating had him at the 101st best cornerback out of 108. He's got to be a camp body and nothing else.
At this rate, who knows what the secondary could look like next year!

gormless

At this rate, who knows what the secondary could look like next year!
I'm assuming there is gonna be a Talib style trade because it just doesn't look good right now. Terrible at drafting corners as well.
I still have nightmares of Julian Edelman playing cornerback and Flacco absolutely abusing him back in 2011/12. If we avoid that happening again, I'll take anything

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Eww.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I remember last off-season when Revis signed and everyone was so excited!! Good memories :(

gormless

I see your Bills and Kardashians and raise you Michael Jackson and the Patriots...

How Michael Jackson helped start the Patriots dynasty
By Chris Chase

Without Adam Vinateri, the New England Patriots wouldn't have won three Super Bowl titles. WithoutTom Brady(notes), Adam Vinatieri(notes) wouldn't have been in a position to give the Patriots those titles. Without Bill Belichick, Tom Brady's quarterbacking wouldn't have set-up Adam Vinateri to hit the kicks to win those titles. And without Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick wouldn't have been in New England to help both Brady and Vinateiri win those titles. And without Michael Jackson (yes, that Michael Jackson), Bob Kraft wouldn't have bought the New England Patriots and the dynasty that was may never have been.

As Forbes described in a 2005 article, Michael Jackon's 1984 Victory tour was directly responsible for Kraft purchasing Foxboro Stadium in 1988, a transaction that eventually led to him being able to buy the team in 1994.

In 1988 Kraft and a partner put up $25 million to buy the Foxboro stadium from the Sullivan family, besting a $16 million offer from the Pats' owner, Kiam. (Kraft would buy out his 50-50 partner for a small premium five years later.) [Former Patriots owner, and current Foxboro Stadium owner] Charles Sullivan had used the stadium as collateral to fund [Michael Jackson's] Victory Tour back in 1984. Overleveraged, Sullivan went bankrupt and was forced to sell the arena. To this day Kraft's collection of photos and mementos includes a poster from the ill-fated tour.

Basically, Sullivan got in over his head funding Michael Jackson's Victory tour (something that those concert organizers in London can commiserate with now) and was forced to sell the stadium because of the bad investment, a move which furthered Bob Kraft's quest to own his hometown Patriots. (Because Kraft owned the stadium, the team couldn't be sold without his approval. When new owner Victor Kiam wanted to sell to a St. Louis businessman intent on re-selling the team or moving it, Kraft stepped in and bid 50 percent more, buying the Patriots for $172 million in 1994.

It was a transaction that began a run toward three Super Bowls, a perfect regular season and the career of one of the greatest coaches and quarterbacks that the league has ever seen. And to think, it was all set in motion by the guy with the glove moonwalking across the stage. "Wanna' Be Startin' Somethin'" indeed.

gormless

Jets file tampering charges against Patriots for their comments on Revis.

We thought we made a very competitive offer [to Revis]," Kraft said in a media address. "I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots, we wanted to keep him. We wanted him in our system, and we have certain disciplines. We had hoped it worked out. It didn't. We just don't think about short-term decisions. For example, next year we have three very good young defensive players coming up and we have to factor that."

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Worst offseason hmm... I recall after the 1993 season, Dallas lost the following: Bernie Kosar-backup QB, Frank Cornish-backup C/G, Kevin Gogan-starting RG, John Gesek-backup C/G, J Jones-backup DT, Tony Casillas-starting DT, Ken Norton Jr-starting OLB, Thomas Everett-starting SS, Eddie Murray-Kicker, and Jimmy Johnson-Head Coach. They managed to make it the 1994 NFCCG.

So don't give up hope San Fran fans!

Phil

Question which has probably been asked 1000 times.

Why is the offseason so damn long? It's ridiculous. Fair enough it's a physical game but so is rugby etc and they don't take most of the year off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Question which has probably been asked 1000 times.

Why is the offseason so damn long? It's ridiculous. Fair enough it's a physical game but so is rugby etc and they don't take most of the year off.
It's probably to accommodate the tv schedules for Baseball and Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.