NFL 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I know that his numbers have been down the past several seasons due to injuries, but he could have easily played for another three more seasons if he just wanted to cash a check. Great, great player, much respect.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great player, good luck in retirement!

Also, I finally saw Peytons retirement speech - fantastic. Loved the little shout out to the Patriots fans.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@Eboue or anyone who watched him regularly in his prime, is Megatron a future HOFer in your opinion?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mike Wallace is a free agent and the top receiver.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
You would imagine they are gonna be rebuilding for a year or 2 now. They got their Super Bowl before their window shut
I disagree. We weren't an aging squad like the 49ers were three years ago. We have a fairly decent age. So Im not in favor of rebuilding. Just add depth by drafting good prospects and keep the ones we already have.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Marvin Jones to the Lions, apparently choosing them over the Pats and the Bengals. $8m a year.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Chris Ivory to the Jags on a deal worth more than $6m/year. Looks like they're building a proper team over there.

JPRouve

Scout
Alex Boone and Travis Lewis joined the Vikings.

@Eboue ,What do you think about Lewis?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
According to the oracle (Schefter) - Forte to Jets. Brock to Texans.

Neutral

BTV
Osweiler - chasing the money. Obviously the Texans have a pretty good D, but he is potentially leaving a very good thing behind in Denver.

Neutral

BTV
RUMOURS of Bronco's and RGIII
Skins fan and really wish RGIII nothing but the best - BUT, ideally he should be in a situation where he is learning this season and not playing. Mind you, the Broncos just won the SB with a barely competent Grandpa Manning...so who knows, maybe Kaep or RGIII can 'manage' the O.

JPRouve

Scout
Osweiler - chasing the money. Obviously the Texans have a pretty good D, but he is potentially leaving a very good thing behind in Denver.
I was going to say that but I feared our potential reply.:lol:

For some reason I was convinced that he would go after the paycheck, particularly since teams like Houston and L.A might be after a free agent QB.

JPRouve

Scout
The vikings re-signed Mike Harris, the O-Line might be good next season. I'm now praying for a cheaper extension of Kalil.

Edit: Lamar Miller joined the Texans, that's a good move for them.

gormless

One of the NFL reporters on Twitter has been saying that he was very unhappy with being benched despite probably outperforming Manning and that has something to do with it.

And honestly I think he's right to chase the money. He hasn't proven himself to be a top grade starter, if he took a "prove it" contract and failed he'd really regret it

Neutral

BTV
One of the NFL reporters on Twitter has been saying that he was very unhappy with being benched despite probably outperforming Manning and that has something to do with it.

And honestly I think he's right to chase the money. He hasn't proven himself to be a top grade starter, if he took a "prove it" contract and failed he'd really regret it
Remember the game when he got benched? He was stinking up the joint.

Benching him was the difference between winning that game and home field...subsequently the SB and not. I think if the Pats had played at home rather than Mile High, Brady ends up winning that game.

It was a huge call from Kubiak (who isn't a Manning guy), for the benefit of the team.

JPRouve

Scout
The trade of Maxwell-Alonso to Miami might be off, because of Maxwell's shoulder injury.

gormless

Remember the game when he got benched? He was stinking up the joint.

Benching him was the difference between winning that game and home field...subsequently the SB and not. I think if the Pats had played at home rather than Mile High, Brady ends up winning that game.

It was a huge call from Kubiak (who isn't a Manning guy), for the benefit of the team.
I only watched extended highlights of the Chargers game but from what I remember I think he was the scapegoat. There were a lot of huge drops by the receivers which wasn't his fault (which was a problem all year for Denver actually. Thomas would be incredible if he didn't have hands of stone. And he is a very very good receiver as it is).

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I only watched extended highlights of the Chargers game but from what I remember I think he was the scapegoat. There were a lot of huge drops by the receivers which wasn't his fault (which was a problem all year for Denver actually. Thomas would be incredible if he didn't have hands of stone. And he is a very very good receiver as it is).
Nah, he was gash that game. He did a great job whilst Manning was injured and saved the season to a large degree, but in that game where Manning was brought back in he had a mare and bringing Manning back in totally changed the game.

I'm a big gutted he's left to be honest, seems like he's dodging the pressure which is disappointing but money talks and Elway obviously wasn't convinced enough to go above $45m/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.