NFL 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
To heck with waiting. All the talk now is about who is going to be where for the 2017/18 season so let the fun begin.

Free Agency....

The Draft.....just google 2017 NFL Mock Draft and you can find all sorts of opinions (that will change by the day) of who is going to draft who.

The mini-camps and other OTA's.

Then the pre-season and those oh so exciting exhibition games.

Let the fun begin.

It all ends with.

Super Bowl LII at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN

Last edited:

JustAFan

Here are some key dates (some already past)

Feb. 15: First day teams can apply franchise or transition tag to impending free agents

Feb. 28-March 6: NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis

March 1: Deadline for teams to apply franchise or transition tag to impending free agents (by 4 p.m. ET)

March 7: Teams can begin negotiating with impending unrestricted free agents, though contracts cannot be completed until March 9

March 9: The league year and free agency begin at 4 p.m. ET. Also, all teams must decide whether to exercise 2017 contact options for all players who have them and must be under the 2017 salary cap. Teams also must submit qualifying offers to their respective restricted free agents should they want to retain right of first refusal/compensation.

March 26-29: Annual league meeting in Phoenix.

April: Expected schedule release prior to draft (no exact date given)

April 3: Teams with new head coaches can begin offseason workouts

April 17: Teams with returning head coaches can begin offseason workouts

April 21: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets

April 27-29: 2017 NFL draft in Philadelphia (First round on April 27, second and third rounds on April 28, fourth-seventh rounds on April 29)

May 5-8, 12-15: Rookie minicamps (each team must select one of three-day windows)

May 15: Rookie development programs begin

May 18-21: NFL Players Association Rookie Premiere event in Los Angeles

May 22-24: Spring league meeting in Chicago

May-June: Organized team activities (dates vary by team)

June: Mandatory minicamps (dates vary by team)

June 1: Deadline to apply "June 1 tender" to unrestricted free agents who received qualifying offer who received a right of first refusal only

June 15: Deadline for clubs to withdraw qualifying offer from restricted free agents and still maintain exclusive negotiating rights

July: Training camps begin (dates vary by team)

July 15: Deadline for any franchise tag player to reach multiyear contract with team (by 4 p.m. ET). Any player who does not do so can sign only a one-year contract with his team, and the contract cannot be extended until after the team's last regular-season game.

Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio

Aug. 5: Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony in Canton, Ohio

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Miss the NFL and talking about the NFL where, by and large, the posts aren't filled with hyperbole like the rest of the forum is today! :(

Phil

Well. Watching the combine is not very exciting is it?

Phil

:lol: not really. But I always find it interesting how much teams make of some of these drills which to me mean so little in the bigger perspective.
I guess the direct measurables give them something to directly compare to which helps?

Does give me a chance to see all these hyped up players I hope we'll draft.

Phil

Transfer window opens today, hoping for some big moves.

Judging by the rumours, everyone to the Patriots on team friendly deals.

Neutral

BTV
And Shepherd.

NFC East this year will be ok..
My Skins won't be.

Garcon to sign with Niners within the next 24 hours. Cousins is also looking like a very strong chance (link with Shanahan) and to add insult to injury, DeSean Jackson is also more or less gone.

Skins lacked a big WR and as a result despite having an elite offense, struggled in the Red Zone. But, if all 3 of the above leave...we're so fcuked, it's not even funny :(

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Some deals starting to come out.

Stills resigns for $32m (really?!) with Dolphins over 4Y.

Jackson to Bucs. Good deal for them.

Very interesting is Dwayne Allen to Patriots and a 6th rounder for our 4th. Seems like we found our Bennet replacement at just $2.5m and $4.8m due for next two years. Good deal for us I think.

Some rumours (I.e not confirmed) of Charles to Seahawks, Glennon to Bears, and Campbell to Jags. If that goes through Jags will be stacked and a good team depending on Bottles/Bortles.

JustAFan

Some deals starting to come out.

Stills resigns for $32m (really?!) with Dolphins over 4Y.

Jackson to Bucs. Good deal for them.

Very interesting is Dwayne Allen to Patriots and a 6th rounder for our 4th. Seems like we found our Bennet replacement at just $2.5m and $4.8m due for next two years. Good deal for us I think.

Some rumours (I.e not confirmed) of Charles to Seahawks, Glennon to Bears, and Campbell to Jags. If that goes through Jags will be stacked and a good team depending on Bottles/Bortles.

Dolphins seem to be going a bit stupid with who they are giving the money to. Nothing new there really though.

Seems Gilmore is leaving the Bills, well at least he won't be going to a division rival that has owned the division for the better part of a decade, oh wait........

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The vikes are killing me, it's like a poor's man Arsenal.

Neutral

BTV
Of course it's a good deal - Allen is cheap and he only just turned 27. Bennett is a better player atm - but he is 3 years older and is looking for a payday.

Very easy decision for the Pats.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Bouye to the Jags as well :( fecking hell Smith you said you were gonna resign him!

Jags HAVE to be a playoff contender next year. Don't think they will be with Bortles though.

Phil

Do you see any guards or offensive tackles signing for the Seahawks? Would rather see that than drafting them.
It's depressingly quiet right? I'm holding out hope we make a few moves in FA for either position too. Whitworth is off to Rams for $36m for 3 years, we can't realistically afford that but hopefully we can get some of the cheaper ones.

What do you reckon for the draft then? I'm hoping for a lot of defence - CBs, safety, linebacker, interior DL, wouldn't mind a big bodied late round WR.. I want it all apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.