NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAMS49

Btw, anyone see that stat shown last night about Mullins? He's passed for the third most yards through his first 13 starts. Madness. Think it was Peyton and Mahomes as the top two.
As back ups go Mullens is right up there. He lacks high end arm strength & makes some dumb mistakes at times but he could start somewhere in the future no doubt. He's already better than some starting QB's.

Hephaestus

Tough first game for him, will be interesting to see how he gets on.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Cowboys hanging in there, both sides making mistakes.

Dalton unleashed a bullet some 65-70 yards only for it go through Lamb's hands on the Fail Mary. Never seen him throw a ball that hard and long. AJ Green was probably aghast watching that throw.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Broncs CB A.J. Bouye is looking at a 6 game PED suspension like Will Fuller and another guy got. Let’s just mail it in and stay in the top 10 of the draft...

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

Tough first game for him, will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Finally. Wentz is mentally exhausted, he can't cope with the pressure and less than ideal circumstances.

Charlie Foley

Certainly helped Allen that management brought in some offensive talent. Seems a likeable player as well.

Btw, anyone see that stat shown last night about Mullins? He's passed for the third most yards through his first 13 starts. Madness. Think it was Peyton and Mahomes as the top two.
Mahomes and Luck I think, but maybe Peyton.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Looks like it's still Rodgers vs Mahomes for MVP. Anyone else in the reckoning?
I think Russ, Allen, and Kylers’ mid-season bumps have probably pegged them too far back. You’d think it’d be Rodgers because he has fewer weapons than Mahomes plus all the discussion about not drafting any help for him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol:

Really enjoy his take on NFL, particularly when Rodgers has been on the weekly segment. No BS just say it as it is.
He has nice mix of trolling and sharing some insights.

YAMS49

I can only presume Armstead has been nominated for the sheer balls he displayed in daring to cash his substantial paycheck.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I knew Simmons would be the Broncos nominee without even needing to read the list.
Done something special for the Denver community or just the only player with the on-field performances to warrant a nomination?

I think Withworth is one of the standout nominees on the list. I know the likes of Wilson and Kelce do loads of charity and stuff because I follow them on Instagram, not sure about all the others.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Done something special for the Denver community or just the only player with the on-field performances to warrant a nomination?

I think Withworth is one of the standout nominees on the list. I know the likes of Wilson and Kelce do loads of charity and stuff because I follow them on Instagram, not sure about all the others.
Second year in a row he’s nominated, he’s extremely active in the community with his foundation and was also massively active in the social justice movement in the off-season, organising the team and others in public events and protests and speaking very eloquently to crowds etc.

He seems like a great guy and fully deserving of the nomination.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Second year in a row he’s nominated, he’s extremely active in the community with his foundation and was also massively active in the social justice movement in the off-season, organising the team and others in public events and protests and speaking very eloquently to crowds etc.

He seems like a great guy and fully deserving of the nomination.
Link gives an "access denied" error for some reason, but that's great stuff. Always awesome when on the field talent is coupled with actions off the field (and also why I love JJ Watt so much).

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Link gives an "access denied" error for some reason, but that's great stuff. Always awesome when on the field talent is coupled with actions off the field (and also why I love JJ Watt so much).
Fully agree, and JJ’s work in Houston is incredible.

@Rado_N did you see this btw? :lol: Amazing.

I did :lol:

He’s got a chip tat on his shoulder too.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Any hope Pats had of getting to the playoffs should be done after that defeat. BB saying he’s going to stick with Cam, but it’s obvious he’s no longer a good QB. He can barely make any passes & I’d be shocked if he returns next season. Our offense needs a complete rebuild.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Any hope Pats had of getting to the playoffs should be done after that defeat. BB saying he’s going to stick with Cam, but it’s obvious he’s no longer a good QB. He can barely make any passes & I’d be shocked if he returns next season. Our offense needs a complete rebuild.
yes, that was a healthy reality check for the pats.

ha_rooney

How much longer will BB hang around do you guys think?
I honestly thought he would call it quits after the last SB win. Not sure what the plan is, I think the idea is McDaniels will take over BB but I doubt he’ll wait 3 years if that’s how long BB wants to stay. The team needs a complete rebuild on offense & I think we’ve got a bit of cap space to play with next season so I reckon he stays 1 more year.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He'll go to the Jets after this season and build a new 20-year dynasty with Trevor Lawrence.

No in all seriousness, he's a year younger than Pete Carroll who recently signed a 4 or 5 year extension I believe. Either he calls it quits after this season (and immediately gets hired as DC or HC somewhere else if he wants, I'd imagine) or he stays for another long run to rebuild and compete "after Brady". No point sticking around for one more season, the Pats aren't good enough to go from this state to a contender next year already (especially with Mahomes in your conference and even Allen in your division).

ha_rooney

He'll go to the Jets after this season and build a new 20-year dynasty with Trevor Lawrence.

No in all seriousness, he's a year younger than Pete Carroll who recently signed a 4 or 5 year extension I believe. Either he calls it quits after this season (and immediately gets hired as DC or HC somewhere else if he wants, I'd imagine) or he stays for another long run to rebuild and compete "after Brady". No point sticking around for one more season, the Pats aren't good enough to go from this state to a contender next year already (especially with Mahomes in your conference and even Allen in your division).
I could see him taking over a GM role, maybe with the Pats.

Bills are the best team right now & they’re on the rise with Miami. As for the conference, if he stays healthy then Mahomes is going to dominate next few years. They’ve tied down a lot of their key players as well & it’s scary how good he can get still.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I could see him taking over a GM role, maybe with the Pats.

Bills are the best team right now & they’re on the rise with Miami. As for the conference, if he stays healthy then Mahomes is going to dominate next few years. They’ve tied down a lot of their key players as well & it’s scary how good he can get still.
Isn't BB already the GM for the Pats right now?

gormless

There's your 2021 QB free agent market though other names may enter by draft day.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

Would BB be interested in any, like Mullens?
Entertain a trade for Minshew if available?
Get his golden child, aka Jimmy G, back?
So ego drive he'd take a Trubisky thinking he could turn him into a top QB?
I don’t think Cam is the problem to be honest. If you look at the state of the receiving core, it’s possibly the worst in the NFL.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don’t think Cam is the problem to be honest. If you look at the state of the receiving core, it’s possibly the worst in the NFL.
That's a fair point but Cam is a below average starting QB these days, for me he is. I think a Mullens type would do better there, though adding some offensive talent would certainly help any QB in that spot.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
NE won’t be in the Darnold sweepstakes (if that happens), but SF could be with Jimmy G then swapping coasts with him back to the Pats...? I don’t know, I’ve seen it mooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.