NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Weird season. But im looking forward to the next one.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Everything you have said is circumstantial. You can't boil down your argument to wins, and talk about him being 4 wins better than a back-up QB.

He's played very well for an old QB, and about above average overall. But his supporting cast is among the best in the league. 'Losing Franchise' moniker is embarrassingly misleading and you know it. Stop that nonsense.
The irony.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is amazing stuff. Who the feck is Sudfeld? Giants gotta be pissed :lol:
Then maybe don't go 6-10 and let your playoff hopes depend on a win from a 4-10-1 team that hates you more than the team they need to be beating for you :D I have no symphaty for that kind of stuff at all.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I would have been so livid if the Eagles had won that game . Who gives a shit about this playing to win business , you have to do what's best for your team

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Who’d have thought Washington would win that division. How many years in a row now that that division has been won by a different team? Something like 15+?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Who’d have thought Washington would win that division. How many years in a row now that that division has been won by a different team? Something like 15+?
Early Nov:
I think Washington is comfortably the best team in the NFC East at the moment. If Kyle Allen can just hold it together they'll win the division imo.
Not quite a great prediction given the "comfortably" and the Kyle Allen mention but I did always think that they had the best chance to win it. A great D-line helps so much.

Last time someone repeated was the Eagles team between 2001-2004 (three consecutive NFC Championship losses followed by the SB loss against the Pats).

RoadTrip

Early Nov:

Not quite a great prediction given the "comfortably" and the Kyle Allen mention but I did always think that they had the best chance to win it. A great D-line helps so much.

Last time someone repeated was the Eagles team between 2001-2004 (three consecutive NFC Championship losses followed by the SB loss against the Pats).
Early Nov vs start of the season v different! By Nov we knew Prescott was out and the Eagles were a dud

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Early Nov vs start of the season v different! By Nov we knew Prescott was out and the Eagles were a dud
But alright fine you can have some kudos :)
:D

I think they're able to give the Bucs a good game on Saturday though - if Young and company can make Brady uncomfortable in the pocket, they might have a chance for an upset.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I think I'd rather have an offensive minded HC like Bieniemy in Houston, but Eberflus is a good candidate as well.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Shameful that the Broncos aren’t on this list.
It really is. With Sutton and Miller fully healthy, and a second year leap from Jeudy, you could be a wild card contender next season but can't see it happening. Would be fun if a team like Denver goes all out in the draft to get Lawrence or Fields by the way, but can't see that happening either.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It really is. With Sutton and Miller fully healthy, and a second year leap from Jeudy, you could be a wild card contender next season but can't see it happening. Would be fun if a team like Denver goes all out in the draft to get Lawrence or Fields by the way, but can't see that happening either.
We are going to be odds on favorites for the sportswriters in the Darnold and Stafford sweepstakes, if those happen. I’d rather see if we can nab Zach Wilson, but he’s put himself into top-5 pick consideration.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We are going to be odds on favorites for the sportswriters in the Darnold and Stafford sweepstakes, if those happen. I’d rather see if we can nab Zach Wilson, but he’s put himself into top-5 pick consideration.
Think you could do a lot worse than Stafford tbh.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

I think I'd rather have an offensive minded HC like Bieniemy in Houston, but Eberflus is a good candidate as well.
I'd understand the hire to be fair, the defense needs the most work. Bieniemy should be the number one candidate this cycle though. Surely.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You think Von will stay?
I fear he won’t unless he takes a ‘hometown’ discount. There will be at least one major cap casualty.

Lynn is out for the Chargers. Seeing how good Herbert has been, that might change everything in the coaching carousel.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

If Stafford becomes available, he should really be hot property. He is a lot better than many starters in the league. It’s easy to overlook just how much he has to overcome in that Detroit team.

RoadTrip

So the following teams looking for a new HC:

Jags
Lions
Jets
Falcons
Chargers
Texans

Jags have an opportunity to draft Lawrence. Texans have Watson. Chargers Herbert.

Those 3 therefore have to be the most sought after you’d think. Lions need a lot of work. The Falcons too. The Jets .. unless you believe in Darnold, and the impact of Covid opt-outs, are not enticing, especially with where the Bills and Dolphins are trending.

In terms of teams who haven’t moved on from their coaches, it’s really just Denver and Dallas that stand out. Both Fangio and McCarthy have been so terrible that they should be gotten rid of. Could um and ah about Zimmer I guess, Peterson maybe. But that’s about it. I like Zimmer though and think they’re right to keep him. Pederson probably has another season in his bag as a result of the SB and injuries this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.