NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Indeed. I don't think rodgers would've played like the way he has this season if they didn't draft Love. It deinfielty gave him a kick in the backside.
I don’t know if it spurred his play that much, Rogers doesn’t need something that big to make his surly. I still think his draft snub fuels his inner anger sufficiently.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t know if it spurred his play that much, Rogers doesn’t need something that big to make his surly. I still think his draft snub fuels his inner anger sufficiently.
They.drafted.a.QB.

If you think Rodgers won't play like an ATG for the next 5 years and make damn sure Love never gets a snap for the packers, you don't understand anything of anything :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, don't kick FG or throw downfield in this wind :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
They.drafted.a.QB.

If you think Rodgers won't play like an ATG for the next 5 years and make damn sure Love never gets a snap for the packers, you don't understand anything of anything :D
Oh, it pissed him off, there is no doubt about that, but it was more the “you didn’t get me more weapons” then it was “you drafted a QB.” I don’t think his play this year is a result of that. Rogers is fueled by spite, and while this is a part of it, Rogers has never needed a reason to be angry. Drafting Huntley (granted 5th round) didn’t solely spur his play and I bet you Love didn’t either.

Sandyman

Rodgers to win ring #2 after 10 years?
Sure hope so - deserves it

Oh, it pissed him off, there is no doubt about that, but it was more the “you didn’t get me more weapons” then it was “you drafted a QB.” I don’t think his play this year is a result of that. Rogers is fueled by spite, and while this is a part of it, Rogers has never needed a reason to be angry. Drafting Huntley (granted 5th round) didn’t solely spur his play and I bet you Love didn’t either.
But drafting a QB in the 5th round is not the same as drafting them in the 1st round. I think drafting a QB that high in the draft pissed him off plenty. He's been a man on a mission this season. He'll win the SB and then move away from GB, essentially telling the management to suck it with Love ;)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Ravens seem way too one dimensional when they get to the big games. They're excellent running with the ball but you surely need to make the oppo you're gunna throw it once in a while.

DavelinaJolie

Ravens seem way too one dimensional when they get to the big games. They're excellent running with the ball but you surely need to make the oppo you're gunna throw it once in a while.
Kurt Warner did a video explaining some of the issues with the passing concepts, and WRs not creating space. I don't think Roman is the guy TBH, his playcalling at times is utterly baffling. But I don't know who else.would accommodate Lamar's rushing to the same extent.

I still have reservations about Lamar as well. His internal clock seems to have gone kaput, but I would hazard a guess a lot of that is losing a HoF guard and one of the best tackles in the league in pass pro. He was well protected in the passing game last year, not so much this year. Still... Some of his throws are dreadful at times.

PoTMS

Pardon my ignorance when it comes to American football, but is a Bucs Super Bowl win going to have any impact on United considering we share the same owners?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Glad I didn’t stay up for the Ravens game!! Unless KC get upset, KC-Bills was the game I wanted to see most in the AFC Playoffs, so hopefully Mahomes gets it done tonight.

lsd

The Oracle
Pardon my ignorance when it comes to American football, but is a Bucs Super Bowl win going to have any impact on United considering we share the same owners?

Might prove what can happen when they splash the cash on established superstars

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Sure hope so - deserves it

But drafting a QB in the 5th round is not the same as drafting them in the 1st round. I think drafting a QB that high in the draft pissed him off plenty. He's been a man on a mission this season. He'll win the SB and then move away from GB, essentially telling the management to suck it with Love ;)
Hopefully he comes to San fran where we should have drafted him all those years ago.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Bills definitely played well enough to deserve the win, but the Ravens did get hit with a perfect storm of bad things ranging from the dueling crossbar misses, the pick 6, and Lamar hitting his head. Last night also exposed the reality that the Ravens won't be able to get past this ceiling until they invest in a proper passing game that stretches the field and forces opposing D coordinators to stop loading the box in anticipation of Lamar or one of the RBs running.

Last edited:

Sylar

With the way bills played last night, thought they were lucky to be only 3-3 at half time
If / when chiefs get through, I can't see them keeping Mahomes out

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ravens won time of possession, first downs, passing yards, rushing yards, ... It’s just their redzone efficiency that really let them down last night.

I wasn't really impressed by the Bills; yes the Ravens were pretty one-dimensional but the Bills rushing attack was also non-existant imo. 9 carries for 29 yards outside of Allen's carries. The pick six sealed the game but it was not convincing imo. The Chiefs secondary is worse than the Ravens' so they'll definitely have a shot next week too though (if the Chiefs make it).

Status
Not open for further replies.