NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
That's correct, the one I posted is for the playoffs (see week 18-21)

The one you've shared is averaged rank which is misleading.
Out of interest, why is average rank misleading in this case?

This one's only for Manning and Brady so there's no problem in terms of average rank.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Out of interest, why is average rank misleading in this case?

This one's only for Manning and Brady so there's no problem in terms of average rank.

Averaged rank gives too high a weighting to injury-affected seasons, seasons where QB play was down, and particular season schedules. There will be seasons where ranks 1-7 are closer than ranks 1 and 2 in other years.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I don't have much knowledge about NFL and just watched a few games before, but for all Brady talk I thought this was the most impressive part

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
More stuff from Houston, after they fired the equipment manager Watson really liked. If you haven’t been following closely, this is not the guy in the center of this firestorm. If anything, it is that guy consolidating control along with Tommy Boy.

roseguy64

More stuff from Houston, after they fired the equipment manager Watson really liked. If you haven’t been following closely, this is not the guy in the center of this firestorm. If anything, it is that guy consolidating control along with Tommy Boy.

Who's Tommy Boy?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who's Tommy Boy?
It’s the guy that inherited the franchise, sorry. Tommy Boy was the movie where an unqualified guy got handed a business he wasn’t qualified to run after a death in the family: supposedly that’s how some employees refer to Cal McNair the COO.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I got the movie reference. Just didn't know that's how McNair got ownership.
That's surprising, you didn't knew that he got from his father Bob McNair who died in 2018? In later years, Bob McNair is famous for this quote.

As Jones spoke, Snyder mumbled out loud, “See, Jones gets it — 96 percent of Americans are for guys standing,” a claim some dismissed as a grand overstatement. McNair, a multimillion-dollar Trump campaign contributor, spoke next, echoing many of the same business concerns. “We can’t have the inmates running the prison,” McNair said.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Broncos cut AJ Bouye, freeing up $13m in cap space, leaving $32m in free space at the moment.

Making room for Watson :drool:
White text is white

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ignore me, I have difficulty accepting that Watson is likely to be traded somewhere and the Vikings will be stuck with Cousins.
I did include white text. The Broncos are far more likely to overpay for Cousins than manage to work out a trade for Watson.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Broncos cut AJ Bouye, freeing up $13m in cap space, leaving $32m in free space at the moment.

Making room for Watson :drool:
White text is white
Room to keep Simmons and absorb Watson’s contract. Keep the faith (but not the creepy kind like that guy Easterby who has infected the Texans)!

But yeah, I saw the white text; we are like 90% probability on taking the top CB on the board. And the other 9.9% is taking a risk on another project QB in Lance or moving up to 3-7 for Fields/Wilson. Lots of moving parts still, of course.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I did include white text. The Broncos are far more likely to overpay for Cousins than manage to work out a trade for Watson.
My apologies, my jesting attempt failed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Room to keep Simmons and absorb Watson’s contract. Keep the faith (but not the creepy kind like that guy Easterby who has infected the Texans)!

But yeah, I saw the white text; we are like 90% probability on taking the top CB on the board. And the other 9.9% is taking a risk on another project QB in Lance or moving up to 3-7 for Fields/Wilson. Lots of moving parts still, of course.
Simmons is likely a big part of it for sure, he’s going to cost a lot but he’s totally worth it.

The biggest obstacle with any trade for Watson (setting aside his own wishes which obviously is key) is the cost of the trade not the wages. Houston will not only demand several first and second rounders but also top players on either/both sides of the ball.

I’m not sure I see any team pulling it off at the moment but perhaps I’m just being negative.

mav_9me

Simmons is likely a big part of it for sure, he’s going to cost a lot but he’s totally worth it.

The biggest obstacle with any trade for Watson (setting aside his own wishes which obviously is key) is the cost of the trade not the wages. Houston will not only demand several first and second rounders but also top players on either/both sides of the ball.

I’m not sure I see any team pulling it off at the moment but perhaps I’m just being negative.
Surely Watson is not going to remain in Houston?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

If rumors are to be believed, Detroit wanted something we wouldn’t give up (one of the obvious trade suspects) in addition to a first round pick for Stafford. What Houston would demand would be mind numbing in comparison.

mav_9me

Sorry I am not following you. Who is the guy consolidating control along with McNair?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surely Watson is not going to remain in Houston?
Who knows.

Who do you see with the combination of a big enough need at the position plus cap space and draft capital they’d be willing yo give up?

Look at the Stafford deal and imagine what Houston will demand.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Plus Watson has a big contract, he’s in a weak position, if he starts holding out he’ll be having to repay singing bonuses.

mav_9me

Who knows.

Who do you see with the combination of a big enough need at the position plus cap space and draft capital they’d be willing yo give up?

Look at the Stafford deal and imagine what Houston will demand.
If the Jets get a late 1st for Darnold, they could offer 3 1st rounds this year and next years 1st or this years 2nd round or next yrs 2nd or combination of those.
Or Dolphins with Tua and their 2 1st rounders this year + next years 1st
Now you could argue Texans would demand more but it will become a game of chicken. They are not going to keep someone who does not want to be there.

mav_9me

At this point I think its becoming/has become owner vs player with racial undertones. How dare an under contract player demand to leave! Maybe I am wrong.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If the Jets get a late 1st for Darnold, they could offer 3 1st rounds this year and next years 1st or this years 2nd round or next yrs 2nd or combination of those.
Or Dolphins with Tua and their 2 1st rounders this year + next years 1st
Now you could argue Texans would demand more but it will become a game of chicken. They are not going to keep someone who does not want to be there.
Why would Watson want to jump out of the Texans frying pan into the Jets fire?

Dolphins maybe but any team is going to have to weaken the rest of their roster to get him which gives him a similar issue to what he’s had recently.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
At this point I think its becoming/has become owner vs player with racial undertones. How dare an under contract player demand to leave! Maybe I am wrong.
There’s definitely a racial undertone to the narratives from some people.

mav_9me

Why would Watson want to jump out of the Texans frying pan into the Jets fire?

Dolphins maybe but any team is going to have to weaken the rest of their roster to get him which gives him a similar issue to what he’s had recently.
Yeah thats why I feel Miami have a better chance, roster is ready right now.

If he thinks JD can develop the Jets, why not? Better NY than Houston at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.