NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I mean yes he is a great blocker but it’s really difficult to compare him to actual o-linemen. There roles, both in the pass and run game, in terms of blocking assignments and who they are up against is vastly different.

For me, going down the route of comparing him to wide receivers is easier because he could genuinely play as a wide receiver and compete with some of the best in the position. I think making that comparison as an o-lineamen is harder.

But anyway, main point is that his pay was ultimately capped because his position is TE, which is a shame because in terms of actual value he deserves significantly more.
Yeah, a TE/WR is a cheat code. Like a QB that can run, or a small forward that can play point guard.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
https://dailysnark.com/2020/08/13/s...g-girl-disguised-as-a-player-into-team-hotel/

The Seahawks waived rookie Kemah Siverand on Tuesday, reducing their roster to 76 players.

A rookie being waived is not usually headline worthy in the NFL, but it was the reason why Silverand was cut that made the news.

The former Oklahoma State cornerback was caught on camera sneaking a woman into the Seahawks team hotel. Nobody other than players and team personnel were allowed inside the hotel during camp in order to prevent COVID-19 outbreaks, so Siverand gave the woman gear in order to disguise her as a player.

Seahawks cut rookie CB Kemah Siverand after he was caught on video trying to sneak a woman into the team hotel, per @TomPelissero

The woman was wearing Seahawks gear to disguise herself as a player
Brooooo whatchu doin??:lol::lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Cheers

So I think it comes on game pass on the Thursday I.e two days after the episode is aired in the US.

It’s a decent episode I think. Obviously largely focussed on Covid rather than anything else but interesting to see how the league is adapting.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What the hell, Alex Smith has been removed from the PUP list and activated to train with the team.

After watching the documentary showing all the gory detail of what he went through, I think he has to be insane to step foot on a football field again.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What the hell, Alex Smith has been removed from the PUP list and activated to train with the team.

After watching the documentary showing all the gory detail of what he went through, I think he has to be insane to step foot on a football field again.
One idea I heard was him getting a single snap to take a knee at the end of a game, retiring on his own terms I guess. That would be nice.

That might require Washington winning a game, so he could have a long wait.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Such an crazy story, from his life hanging in the balance to almost 20 surgeries to even being able to walk again - no no, the guy wants to play again. You can call it insane or inspiring, I guess, but I'd say thanks lads and cash in on my health at that point.

Meanwhile:

Really sad to read about that after his rookie season was over before it even started as well. Niners might have a problem at WR now with both Hurd and Samuel out for the majority of the season and Goodwin opting out. They drafted Aiyuk and still have Pettis (and of course Kittle), but after that? Dunno.

Dez Bryant reportedly working out with the Ravens this week. Would love to see him back on the football field and I think he'd still be a major red-zone threat as Lamar's go-to guy.

EDIT: I forgot Kendrick Bourne for the Niners, apparently. He was decent last year. They also have Tavon Austin, Ritchie James and Trent Taylor at WR. Not a great set of receivers, but Shanahan will make it work I guess.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Dang. That front seven looked like one of the best in the NFL after signing Griffen.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
One idea I heard was him getting a single snap to take a knee at the end of a game, retiring on his own terms I guess. That would be nice.

That might require Washington winning a game, so he could have a long wait.
Yea that would be really cool actually.

But yea might take a while to do it with a W :lol:

Such an crazy story, from his life hanging in the balance to almost 20 surgeries to even being able to walk again - no no, the guy wants to play again. You can call it insane or inspiring, I guess, but I'd say thanks lads and cash in on my health at that point.
You and me both. Have you seen the ESPN doc? Project 11 I think it was called, I downloaded it and holy shit it was bad.

YAMS49

Really sad to read about that after his rookie season was over before it even started as well. Niners might have a problem at WR now with both Hurd and Samuel out for the majority of the season and Goodwin opting out. They drafted Aiyuk and still have Pettis (and of course Kittle), but after that? Dunno.

EDIT: I forgot Kendrick Bourne for the Niners, apparently. He was decent last year. They also have Tavon Austin, Ritchie James and Trent Taylor at WR. Not a great set of receivers, but Shanahan will make it work I guess.
Samuel is expected back way earlier than initially reported, I'd expect week 3 or 4. James, who was 5th on the depth chart, is also injured so not in camp at the moment. Pettis is on the bubble, a real disappointment, he's stalled in his progression, turns out he's not great with study & playbooks. Taylor & Hurd were both coming back from last year out, as you say Hurd could be gone again for the year. Taylor has bulked up a little so could step up. Goodwin & Benjamin are both opt outs. Austin & Nelson were signed for the camp.

Current chart reads Bourne, Aiyuk, Pettis, Taylor, Poindexter, Jennings, Austin & Nelson with James expected back real soon & Samuel a bit later. Hurd expected update today.

Hardly an inspiring bunch is it.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yea that would be really cool actually.

But yea might take a while to do it with a W :lol:

You and me both. Have you seen the ESPN doc? Project 11 I think it was called, I downloaded it and holy shit it was bad.
No I haven't, might give it a watch between this and the start of the season now that Smith is back. Never thought he'd make it back into the league to be honest.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Still seems unfair to me that some teams will have home fans and some won't. Not sure if 22% of a crowd can make the same impact as a full Arrowhead or CenturyLink Field, but it's the principle that counts to me.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
It’s incredible, definitely download it.
I’d be interested in watching that. Where can I download? Is it free on ESPN?
Hope you have a strong stomach. There's some scenes in there that are straight up some of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Nasty flesh-eating bacteria type shit. I will always root for Alex Smith after watching that Project 11 doc.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fantasy football research is a great tool to come across some weird stats from time to time.

Nick Chubb had 15 carries inside the 5 last season for a total of minus 14 yards :lol:

And Kamara has had 81 catches in all three of his NFL seasons.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Still seems unfair to me that some teams will have home fans and some won't. Not sure if 22% of a crowd can make the same impact as a full Arrowhead or CenturyLink Field, but it's the principle that counts to me.
Apparently the fan capacity is dictated by the teams and their local restrictions. Either way its fecking idiotic. The decisions in that country never surprise me.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Apparently the fan capacity is dictated by the teams and their local restrictions. Either way its fecking idiotic. The decisions in that country never surprise me.
There will be small crowds in stadiums watching Premier League games just a few weeks later as well (and there already have been crowds at some sporting events in the UK).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There will be small crowds in stadiums watching Premier League games just a few weeks later as well (and there already have been crowds at some sporting events in the UK).
Country is much better off than the USA though, which is the whole issue. UK stabilized a while ago and is at roughly 1000 cases a day and hasn't had any fans yet for football. USA is at 45k per day and the worst country in the world for it yet want to bring fans in right away when the season starts.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Country is much better off than the USA though, which is the whole issue. UK stabilized a while ago and is at roughly 1000 cases a day and hasn't had any fans yet for football. USA is at 45k per day and the worst country in the world for it yet want to bring fans in right away when the season starts.
It's a bit unfair to directly compare the two countries though given the difference in size and population. If you look at Missouri alone the daily figures are roughly the same as the UK (though obviously that's not a good comparison either for the same reason). Would be interesting to know the figures for more localised daily cases such as in Kansas City itself to see if the decision is justified.

Neo_Mufc

Seeking some fantasy help guys. Absolute newb.

Have been practising my mock draft on draftwizards thanks to @RobinLFC. Looks like the RB then WR/QB get taken first.

We may be doing a superflex I have been told means that I should aim for QB's in the first pick?

What I'm struggling with is I don't know much about the players but one draft I partook in I didn't have to pick a defence which was weird unless I read incorrectly.

Any help is fantastic.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Seeking some fantasy help guys. Absolute newb.

Have been practising my mock draft on draftwizards thanks to @RobinLFC. Looks like the RB then WR/QB get taken first.

We may be doing a superflex I have been told means that I should aim for QB's in the first pick?

What I'm struggling with is I don't know much about the players but one draft I partook in I didn't have to pick a defence which was weird unless I read incorrectly.

Any help is fantastic.
Do you know anything about your draft position, the make up of the teams, the type of draft, the scoring type? All of these make a big difference. If its PPR (points per reception) RB's that get a significant amount of receptions as well (I'm looking at you Christian McCaffrey) do really well. Non PPR RBs that pound the ground (think Derrick Henry) do better. Is it a snake draft or auction? We need info to be able to help!

Neo_Mufc

Do you know anything about your draft position, the make up of the teams, the type of draft, the scoring type? All of these make a big difference. If its PPR (points per reception) RB's that get a significant amount of receptions as well (I'm looking at you Christian McCaffrey) do really well. Non PPR RBs that pound the ground (think Derrick Henry) do better. Is it a snake draft or auction? We need info to be able to help!
Ah I see, from what I've been told we are picking names out of a hat to determine draft position. Scoring type I'm not sure I will find out. I believe it is a snake draft no mention of auctions.

Is there anything else I need to find out?

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Ah I see, from what I've been told we are picking names out of a hat to determine draft position. Scoring type I'm not sure I will find out. I believe it is a snake draft no mention of auctions.

Is there anything else I need to find out?
You need to find out scoring type definitely. If your knowledge of NFL is pretty decent then you'll probably be ok. Try to do a couple of mock drafts on ESPN or other sites, and you should get a pretty good picture of who goes where

Neo_Mufc

You need to find out scoring type definitely. If your knowledge of NFL is pretty decent then you'll probably be ok. Try to do a couple of mock drafts on ESPN or other sites, and you should get a pretty good picture of who goes where
My knowledge is pretty much 0. Which is what worries me.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
:lol: You can do that?
Yeah...try using one or two or four other sites like the one you mentioned and get a measure of the rankings. Just make sure you enter PPR and/or Superflex into each list of rankings because that will change things.

Sort of take an average and see if there are outliers relative to what your particular site would have on autodraft.

Neo_Mufc

We are using the nfl.com website to draft. Is anyone having any problems with this site because I can never get into a mock draft. Always stuck on Loading the draft page.

Edit: Managed to get into the site with Microsoft Edge. Seems to be an issue with Chrome for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.