NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: fair enough... I thought with the uncertainty around Covid-19 and if things get better/worse, they’d be allowed to opt out at anytime. Seems strange to have a deadline so early when you don’t know how things will be in a few weeks’ time.
I assume it’s to give teams the time they need to consider roster impact etc before they have to trim their squads.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Isn't the opt-out deadline related to triggering a $350K payout versus the contractual 2020 salary?

Those that do after may miss out on this clause. Heard something about it from Ian Beckles yesterday (think it was him, a local radio guy and former player).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Isn't the opt-out deadline related to triggering a $350K payout versus the contractual 2020 salary?

Those that do after may miss out on this clause. Heard something about it from Ian Beckles yesterday (think it was him, a local radio guy and former player).
Ah that could be yeah, true. Maybe their contracts / salary also doesn't roll over (in full) if they opt out afterwards?

In other news, Tre White will play.

Happy that he does, this could finally be the year that the Pats don't win their division. #believe

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Their backfield was too crowded anyway. Guess AD has a shot at yet another 1000-yard season now, but Gibson and Love are also still there.

What an idiot Guice is though. Two injury-riddled seasons and now you’re finally fit you do this and your NFL career is all but done. Already had temper issues at LSU though I think.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I won’t be staying up to watch that one, the seasons viewing will begin on the Sunday for me :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I wouldn't either if it wasn't the Texans. No better way to start the season than watching Mahomes casually drop some 500 yards on our secondary.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nice. Any news that points into the season going through as expected is good to have!

Anyone know where you can watch Hard Knocks if you don't have access to HBO? Apparently the first scene is Lynn telling his team he's got Covid, must be tough to watch.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nice. Any news that points into the season going through as expected is good to have!

Anyone know where you can watch Hard Knocks if you don't have access to HBO? Apparently the first scene is Lynn telling his team he's got Covid, must be tough to watch.
I’ve not looked but it’s usually on Sky Sports, albeit edited with swearing bleeped.

mu4c_20le

Has he said anything about what he’ll do if any of his players kneel?
"These are very sensitive times right now," Jerry Jones said. "I have nothing to prove as far as where I'm standing with the flag and where the Cowboys stand. I have nothing to prove regarding my players and my support of our players. What I do want us to be a part of is a word called grace. Not only grace in our actions but grace in our understanding where they're coming from. I'm going to have grace with our players. I'm going to have grace with people that are sensitive about our flag. Somewhere in between there is how we're going to handle it."

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
"I'm gonna have grace with people that are sensitive about our flag". Just feck off you cnut.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Translation: I don’t want anything to get in the way of making money because I’m a cnut.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
"These are very sensitive times right now," Jerry Jones said. "I have nothing to prove as far as where I'm standing with the flag and where the Cowboys stand. I have nothing to prove regarding my players and my support of our players. What I do want us to be a part of is a word called grace. Not only grace in our actions but grace in our understanding where they're coming from. I'm going to have grace with our players. I'm going to have grace with people that are sensitive about our flag. Somewhere in between there is how we're going to handle it."
Makes sense :houllier:

Phil

I sincerely hope he rinses them for everything they're worth. Not just because I'm a Hawks fan but because he's their genuine WR1 and biggest offensive threat. Oh and can block too.

He deserves the dollar bills.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I sincerely hope he rinses them for everything they're worth. Not just because I'm a Hawks fan but because he's their genuine WR1 and biggest offensive threat. Oh and can block too.

He deserves the dollar bills.
Understatement right there :D

He's only 26 too so only about to enter his prime as a TE. He can basically ask whatever he wants because he'll get it elsewhere if not from the Niners.

YAMS49

Thoroughly deserved.
Definitely... But as a 49er fan I see it as potentially closing our window a little. We are already overpaying on one or two contracts. Not that I'm saying Kittle doesn't deserve his money, of course he does.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Cowboys signed Griffen. Boom!
I had a faint hope that he could return, but I don't blame him for wanting a change after a decade with us. At least he didn't join the Packers or the Saints.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Hard Knocks was more about zoom and covid testing than actual football. Sean McVay seems to have a pretty good life. Odd dude though.

Justin Herbert passes the eye test, but can't help thinking he's gonna be a flop. Wish we went with Isaiah Simmons at #6.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Kelce signed a 5-year, $46m contract in 2017, and Hooper signed the biggest per-year TE contract this offseason at 4-years, $42m.

It's a lot higher than the best-paid TE but still underpaid imo - he's basically their best offensive lineman and WR1 combined in one player.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Kelce signed a 5-year, $46m contract in 2017, and Hooper signed the biggest per-year TE contract this offseason at 4-years, $42m.

It's a lot higher than the best-paid TE but still underpaid imo - he's basically their best offensive lineman and WR1 combined in one player.
Yeah, I think he could have pushed for more. But it was always going to be tough to get paid like either of those positions for him.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, I think he could have pushed for more. But it was always going to be tough to get paid like either of those positions for him.
Yeah true - it's still a lot more than the best-paid TE, but there were at least 10 O-linemen who earned $14.5m in 2019 (and 35(!) earned $11m or more).

You're not gonna convince me Kittle is a worse blocker than the likes of Jake Matthews, DJ Humphries and Brandon Scherff. Hell he's even better than Tunsil at his best-paid $22m per year imo.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I mean yes he is a great blocker but it’s really difficult to compare him to actual o-linemen. There roles, both in the pass and run game, in terms of blocking assignments and who they are up against is vastly different.

For me, going down the route of comparing him to wide receivers is easier because he could genuinely play as a wide receiver and compete with some of the best in the position. I think making that comparison as an o-lineamen is harder.

But anyway, main point is that his pay was ultimately capped because his position is TE, which is a shame because in terms of actual value he deserves significantly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.