NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hephaestus

I thought he was mad at the play calling and wanted to have a bigger say in that. Something about the FO firing a coach he liked.
Yeah, that was an issue as well, he'd been ignored when he wanted changes made to the offense mid-season and based on the offense in the second half of the season, he was right even if his proposal was to spike the ball ever other play. Then Carroll fired Schottenheimer citing philosophical differences without any consultation with Wilson. Think everyone was worried after that since the obvious assumption was that the philosophical difference was that Carroll wanted to go back to running the ball more so don't blame Wilson for being upset by that. But the team apparently consulted with him on the new offensive coordinator and chose Wilson's pick and the reports suggest that Waldron is actually going to get to run his offense, not Carroll's. So that, plus the trade for Gabe Jackson and drafting D'Wayne Eskridge as @JJ12 mentioned seems to have calmed him down. Agree with the suggestion that the truce might not last but I'm just glad we didn't trade him to Chicago when they offered three firsts and two players cos there was a point where I'd convinced myself we were dumb enough to do that.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s quite bold, given its the USA, that vaccines are being mandated in this way. Not saying I necessarily disagree, just that I’m surprised. And that’s obviously despite the huge positives for the NFL by having as many people vaccinated as possible.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Vikings fans are organizing a party, maybe the team will bring an actually good OLine coach.

Is covid a blessing in disguise?:angel:

Edit: Somehow I think that it's only the beginning...

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You always have to take changes in odds with a good amount of seasoning salt of course, but…bets related to GB are being closed across the board.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
You always have to take changes in odds with a good amount of seasoning salt of course, but…bets related to GB are being closed across the board.

Would be a shame if Rodgers retired in his prime, but something tells me we haven’t seen the last of him. He’s not getting the permanent Jeopardy job.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Because of the Players’ Union. Non-players aren’t subject to the terms of the CBA and all the legalese that entails.
Yah figured that was the case, but something doesn’t quite sit right. Should your employer be able to fire you if you refuse to get vaccinated? Although I would say yes, there’s a hypocrisy when the players can get away without being vaccinated.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yah figured that was the case, but something doesn’t quite sit right. Should your employer be able to fire you if you refuse to get vaccinated? Although I would say yes, there’s a hypocrisy when the players can get away without being vaccinated.
It really is quite an interesting scenario. The only reason we are “tolerable” to anti-vaxxers is because presently we can get away with it because of built up immunity from high levels of past vaccinations. That’s not the case with Covid. The irony is one of the reasons for vaccine complacency now is because of the success of them in the past, in effect.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Well, it’d fit nicely with Jordan retiring early and Pippen refusing to renew when they could’ve both been back were it not for the GM.

lsd

The Oracle
Lot of talk Deshaun Watson is signing with the Eagles despite interest from Broncos

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lot of talk Deshaun Watson is signing with the Eagles despite interest from Broncos
You mean traded? Which implies that the Eagles' offer is better for the Texans

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Rodgers wants a guaranteed $90m over 2 seasons. I guess it is a bit about the money.

According to Mike Florio.

lsd

The Oracle
Rodgers wants a guaranteed $90m over 2 seasons. I guess it is a bit about the money.

According to Mike Florio.

I would give him that to be honest put him in a decent set up and he will win you a Superbowl

JJ12

I would give him that to be honest put him in a decent set up and he will win you a Superbowl
He’s been in a decent set up for a while now. He gets an awful lot of excuses.

Elite O-line, running game and probably best WR in the game with a top 10 defense.

JJ12

Chandler Jones has requested a trade from the Cardinals

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
He’s been in a decent set up for a while now. He gets an awful lot of excuses.

Elite O-line, running game and probably best WR in the game with a top 10 defense.
:lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

That's basically saying "you're not getting traded man".

JJ12

That's basically saying "you're not getting traded man".
The Eagles could do it but then leaves them bare on assets with very little talent. What’s their cap situation like? Would need to do really well in FA the next few years.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Evans, Cooper, MT, and even Julio over JJ, AJB, Ridley and Metcalf is pretty ridiculous given how the 2020 season panned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.