NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What he say
‘They cut the 2nd best WR in training camp, you would’ve thought they’d run it by me’

‘Wisconsin isn’t a vacation destination people come here to play with me’

Along with a few other lines.

He’s not wrong, in fairness. Surely he could’ve said all of that behind closed doors during the summer, or he did and the organisation are incredibly dumb.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What he say

“Green Bay isn’t a huge vacation destination. People are coming here to play with me, and to play with the team knowing they can win a championship” Rodgers said, in an all-time flex on Wisconsin. “The fact that I haven’t been used in those discussions is something I wanted to change moving forward.”
“If you can’t commit to me past 2021 and I’m not a part of the recruiting process in free agency,” Rodgers said. “If I’m not a part of the future, then instead of letting me be a lame-duck quarterback if you want to make a change and move forward then go ahead and do it.”

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
‘They cut the 2nd best WR in training camp, you would’ve thought they’d run it by me’

‘Wisconsin isn’t a vacation destination people come here to play with me’

Along with a few other lines.

He’s not wrong, in fairness. Surely he could’ve said all of that behind closed doors during the summer, or he did and the organisation are incredibly dumb.
As I much as I want to dislike him, I think that he is spot on. When he was talking about his own situation and also about how they, in his opinion, got rid of veteran leaders with little respect and without informing the remaining leaders. While some may say that it's common and that he is only an employee, someone like Rodgers or guys like Charles Woodson are a lot more than simple employees, they are the ones making team executives look good and allow them to not pay for their mistakes.

Thinking about it, it makes the Last Dance reference clearer.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I think I'm able to tell one unvaccinated player...

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Rodgers’ contract been reworked. Interestingly looks like decreased from a 3 to 2 year deal without changing the monetary aspect of those 2 years too much.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
GamePass subscription aut-renewed today, but anyone else were the RedZone tab is just completely gone right now? I swear we could rewatch last season's episodes in years past.

JJ12

GamePass subscription aut-renewed today, but anyone else were the RedZone tab is just completely gone right now? I swear we could rewatch last season's episodes in years past.
I wanted to do the same thing last night.

I think they stay on there to a point during the off season but not all the way through.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I wonder if this will have a slight domino effect related to a conditional 1st round pick for Philly.

edit: jinx!

lsd

The Oracle
Joe Looney left the Cowboys to sign with the Giants then 4 days later has retired.

Very strange move by him and the Giants I know there was some sort of brawl with the Giants in training this week but whether it had anything to do with him I don't know.

Anyway I'll miss him at the Cowboys

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Manning’s HoF speech was brilliant.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just finally got round to watching Mannings speech, can see why people are tipping him for taking Goodells job.

JJ12

Just finally got round to watching Mannings speech, can see why people are tipping him for taking Goodells job.
He took the opportunity to interview for the job

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Each to their own, a good speech, but nothing special from my point of view, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.