NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Miami turned the Trey Lance three first round picks into Waddle, Hill, & Chubb.

Ain’t too shabby.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We traded Fenton for a conditional 7th pick. Ehhh? Its not as if he was burning a huge hole in the salary cap. Really strange trade that, although he has recently just lost his place and hasn't been setting the world on fire. But that's essentially a giveaway.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Bills picked up the pass-catching RB they’ve been thirsty for in Hines. Maybe a sneaky good move if Cook was not producing yet.

If we don’t get two playoff matchups out of Buffalo, KC, and Miami then there is no god.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Are there any teams other than the 49ers who could feasibly win a Super Bowl with their starting QB out for the season?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Think Dallas is gonna rue not making another deal or two. I get Houston was asking for more than Dallas was willing to give for Cooks but they should have had other options being discussed (they may have). Also needed to beef up the run defense which may end up their downfall.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Rumors in the Dallas area have the Cowboys highly interested (and Jerry is a huge fan of OBJ) and they have around 6.5m under the cap, more than these four teams assuming the below link is current. Giants and Ravens have a lot of flexibility going into the following years.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/dallas-cowboys - toggle to switch teams.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I see the Packers were extremely active at the trade deadline and addressed their many needs by doing nothing at all. Bold strategy.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
:lol: How's that Jordan Love draft selection looking?
Great. Who even needs capable receivers if you have what’s left of Cobb and the generational talent that is Lazard? Wise decision to use the pick on a player who never gets to play.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

FF Twitter is so dumb sometimes. “Hey I recommended to try and buy low on a guy who just lost his only competition at RB and a guy who’s been an RB1 for half a decade who just got traded to a potent offense, even though probably absolutely no one was selling them at all”, ffs.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

FF Twitter is so dumb sometimes. “Hey I recommended to try and buy low on a guy who just lost his only competition at RB and a guy who’s been an RB1 for half a decade who just got traded to a potent offense, even though probably absolutely no one was selling them at all”, ffs.
Loads of pathetic clickbaiters masquerading as experts to get their foot in as content creators. Have to mute them quickly when you see a bunch of capital letters and obvious lists otherwise your feed is clogged with junk.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They have to make moves whilst they still have the cap benefit of having Tua on his rookie deal.

Hill is costing $30m per year, and Chubb will want big money after this season.
Yep. They're definitely in a win now rather than later mode. The addition of Chubb should make a difference in pass rush, which could make a big difference given that they are already pretty solid against the rush.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just seen that Chris Harris Jr signed with the Saints practice squad last month and they signed him to the active roster at the weekend, that’s awesome.

Love that guy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just seen that Chris Harris Jr signed with the Saints practice squad last month and they signed him to the active roster at the weekend, that’s awesome.

Love that guy.
Broncos and the Saints. Not bad teams to have on your CV :D

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Secured his big-money deal in Florida, shrewd move.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Secured his big-money deal in Florida, shrewd move.
I’m pleased for him, I like Chubb but we have good options around and I’m not sure he’s worth that money. When he’s on form he’s very good but he’s had considerable injury issues and last year he had zero sacks.

Denver getting a 1st for him is a win, and at the same time Miami add a good player. Seems like a good deal for both sides.

I hope he has success there.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I’m pleased for him, I like Chubb but we have good options around and I’m not sure he’s worth that money. When he’s on form he’s very good but he’s had considerable injury issues and last year he had zero sacks.

Denver getting a 1st for him is a win, and at the same time Miami add a good player. Seems like a good deal for both sides.

I hope he has success there.
You must be great at break ups.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
No wonder we didn't sign him. That's a hella lotta doe.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Are there any teams other than the 49ers who could feasibly win a Super Bowl with their starting QB out for the season?
Jimmy G is not really a backup though. He's clearly not elite but he's a starting calibre QB. Most teams don't have that as their backup

Also, to your point, most teams do not have All-Pro players at seemingly every offensive position outside of QB like the 49ers do

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jimmy G is not really a backup though. He's clearly not elite but he's a starting calibre QB. Most teams don't have that as their backup

Also, to your point, most teams do not have All-Pro players at seemingly every offensive position outside of QB like the 49ers do
Fortunately for him one doesn't have to be elite to be successful. Plenty of superbowl winners were capable QBs who simply got the job done. Given that Jimmy G has already played gotten to the big game (alongside playing in two NFC championship games), he will be more than enough to go all the way, especially with CMC on board.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Fortunately for him one doesn't have to be elite to be successful. Plenty of superbowl winners were capable QBs who simply got the job done. Given that Jimmy G has already played gotten to the big game (alongside playing in two NFC championship games), he will be more than enough to go all the way, especially with CMC on board.
I actually picked the 49ers to win the Super Bowl and I predicted that Trey Lance would either get hurt or play badly and so Jimmy would end up being the starter. So I basically picked Jimmy G to win the Super Bowl.

However, I don't think that what you've said here is that true anymore, because the game has been made so much easier for offense and so much harder for defense. The days of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson + a run game and a dominating D are long gone. Nowadays, it really helps to have elite QB play if you want to win the chip. It's not impossible if your QB's not great but it's much harder than it was IMO. I'm high on the 49ers because their roster (when healthy) is ridiculous on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.