g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I know they'll probably slip up somewhere but they have a legitimate shot at an unbeaten season from here on out.

vs Packers, vs Titans could be difficult games and their week 14-16 road game stretch at Giants, at Bears, at Cowboys certainly won't be easy, but it's possible.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I know they'll probably slip up somewhere but they have a legitimate shot at an unbeaten season from here on out.

vs Packers, vs Titans could be difficult games and their week 14-16 road game stretch at Giants, at Bears, at Cowboys certainly won't be easy, but it's possible.
They do and I wouldn't be surprised if they go 17-0. Having said that I think they don't have enough firepower to be able to put up 30+ points that they'll need against the winner of the AFC (assuming it's the Bills or the Chiefs) in a Super Bowl. I just think this is the Bills year and the only team that could potentially stop them is KC. But I'm obviously a bit biased so feel free to ignore my take.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He had a great season the year he got paid in 2019, but it's been injuries and more injuries since then. Saints have been without WR1 for 2 straight years.
Not the best of optics when player on another team gets shot four times & misses only a handful of games.

That said, I don't know Thomas' specific injury, but I have suffered from severe turf toe in the past & that shit is debilitating.

muller

The NFL in general is so poor this year. This Eagles team is 8-0, crazy.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The NFL in general is so poor this year. This Eagles team is 8-0, crazy.
Not sure what that's supposed to mean. They are absolutely loaded on defense, have a good young QB, a great O-line and efficient run game, two excellent WRs and an above average TE. Literally the most complete team in the NFL at the moment apart from maybe the Bills.

lsd

The Oracle
Not sure what that's supposed to mean. They are absolutely loaded on defense, have a good young QB, a great O-line and efficient run game, two excellent WRs and an above average TE. Literally the most complete team in the NFL at the moment apart from maybe the Bills.

Not a chance, they have had a very easy schedule and are the on the same level the Steelers were a couple of years when they got to something like 10 and 0 before they came up against a good team.

Hurts is decent they had a good draft and AJ Brown was a good pick for them but they have proven nothing with the schedule they have had

muller

It means they are not a very good team. :)

Adding in so i'm not being too baitey - being 8-0 would normally mean a teamis extremely solid. Eagles aren't that level - yet. Favourable schedule, you'd fancy3 or 4 teams to beat them easily.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not a chance, they have had a very easy schedule and are the on the same level the Steelers were a couple of years when they got to something like 10 and 0 before they came up against a good team.

Hurts is decent they had a good draft and AJ Brown was a good pick for them but they have proven nothing with the schedule they have had
More than a few shades of Dallas bitterness in this post IMO. They're a good side. They have a really nicely balanced team. Granted their schedule has been, and still is, very favourable though.

Would still fancy SF and a Dallas side with Dak to beat them from the NFC. Baltimore, Kansas and Buffalo from the AFC.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

That Steelers team was a fluke. This Philly team has a strong balanced roster with as good of a pass-catching trio as anywhere. They just lack a time-tested QB who’s proven he can win with his arm in the playoffs, and that could get resolved soon. He gave OU our own 28-3 big-game comeback a couple years back...

lsd

The Oracle
More than a few shades of Dallas bitterness in this post IMO. They're a good side. They have a really nicely balanced team. Granted their schedule has been, and still is, very favourable though.

Would still fancy SF and a Dallas side with Dak to beat them from the NFC. Baltimore, Kansas and Buffalo from the AFC.

Tbh that's what I mean their schedule has been so kind to them that they will be the number one seed now no matter what as they would have to lose more than three games from here on in and they won't do that.

They might lose one, two tops but that's it and we still won't actually know how good they are.

I like Hurts but I'm not totally convinced he is elite and it will be interesting when he is tested. Their Defensive line is not as good as people think especially against the run but again they haven't been tested that much

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s easy, I think, to get into a bit of a haze with how competitive (or, maybe, how some teams expected to be good have been distinctly average) the NFL has been this year to incorrectly subconsciously bring this Eagles team down with that thematic. This is a very good team. Balanced, some excellent star players playing well, which can hit you in many ways complemented by a top class defence.

If they go unbeaten, though, it’s not because they’re historically good. I do think the schedule has played a big part. But let’s not kid ourselves that they’re just average. The only two teams I’d pick to beat them are the Bills and Chiefs. Even the likes of the 49ers would find them very challenging.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I know many are hyping Hurts for MVP but it's AJ Brown the true difference maker there. Agreed Hurts has come a ways but they're not putting up points without Brown pulling defenders away from others and making his own incredible plays.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In a league in which everyone is lining up to lose games with boneheaded decisions, I am just happy that the Eagles have shown the ability to win in different ways without killing themselves. The schedule argument is just boring to me because you can only play what’s in front of you and NFL is a tough league all across the board .
I think run defence is a bit of a weakness specially with Jordan Davies injured but other than that this team has a lot of bases covered. Apart from KC & Bills there isn’t a team I am that scared of . Of course Cowboys,Niners etc can beat us but don’t fear them at all. Niners are 4-4 with losses to Falcons,Chicago and Denver so they have their own shit to deal with

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The way the Falcons are playing, they'll probably win.

Need a Chargers win though for obvious reasons (not that we'll beat the Rams tomorrow).

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Can the NFL get a fecking move on and start now. I want to immediately forget that pile of shite performance I've just endured.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Diggs vs Sauce today :drool: Not sure whether they'll meet a lot but something's gotta give if they do.

Only two games in the late window though which is a disappointment.

I'm having to rely on guys like Kenyan Drake, Deon Jackson and Isaiah Likely tonight to win some fantasy matchups, which gives me odd feelings.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
feck sake just found out the clocks went back in the States this week. An extra hour until Redzone.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
feck sake just found out the clocks went back in the States this week. An extra hour until Redzone.
There’s only a single week every year where we get the games an hour early, which was last week.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Chargers
Dolphins
Bengals
GB
Jags
Pats
Bills
Vikings
Seahawks
Rams
Chiefs

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Got the following to win on my acca:

Dolphins
Patriots
Vikings
Packers
Falcons
Raiders

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
"You like that" is friggin SEVEN years ago? Fecking hell I'm old.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Terrible kick from the Green Bay kicker.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I can see the Falcons getting the upset tonight with all the receivers out for the Chargers.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I really struggle to follow a double box yet alone 3 or 4 of them. I must be special.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Jettas with a casual 4-48-1 line 5min into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.