NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Makes sense, at least they concede that the Patricia project was an awful decision.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Be prepared for years of Burrow in Super Bowls.

Outside of being white and being very good, I don't really see the comparison with Brady. Burrow is agile and pretty fast for a big QB, you really don't want to give him space to run because you won't catch him until he gets a first down.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Outside of being white and being very good, I don't really see the comparison with Brady. Burrow is agile and pretty fast for a big QB, you really don't want to give him space to run because you won't catch him until he gets a first down.
He has some dual threat ability, which Brady never had. Is probably a more prolific passer as well and bound to break Manning's season passing yards record at some point, especially now that there are 17 games.

lsd

The Oracle
I didn't see any issue with the tweet until I saw who posted it. :lol:

It's actually why I don't get mad when the Cowboys lose. While I can't help that they are my team I'm aware that at least 99% of the fan base are morons, the owners are morons,Skip Bayless is a complete moron.

Seeing them being so unable to take losing and looking desperately to blame someone even if it's their own is somehow satisfying to me in times like this

It's such a bitter thing to do and it's really sad that they think that's ok to do.

If the official Manchester United had tweeted after the Arsenal game we would have won if Antony and McTominay were not so crap they're world be outrage and rightly so

JPRouve

Scout
He has some dual threat ability, which Brady never had. Is probably a more prolific passer as well and bound to break Manning's season passing yards record at some point, especially now that there are 17 games.
It's kind of crazy to think that Burrow plays in the NFL with as much ease as he did with LSU. He had great receivers but his understanding of game situations and his ability to do the right thing was unreal and there is a chance that he improves.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's kind of crazy to think that Burrow plays in the NFL with as much ease as he did with LSU. He had great receivers but his understanding of game situations and his ability to do the right thing was unreal and there is a chance that he improves.
It is kind of scary. His evolution under Joe Brady (now the Bills QB coach) at LSU was pretty shocking from 2018-19. He went from 16 TDs in 2018 to 60 in 2019. He did of course have the benefit of Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, and Terrace Marshall that year, and has somehow hit a comparable jackpot by having Chase, Higgins, and Boyd on the same team as a pro.

Will he be a more explosive QB than Brady ? Most likely. Will he win as much ? Almost certainly not.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Saw some stats in a Tweet last week (can't find it anymore though), that the main thing to evaluate college QBs at the moment should be how they perform under pressure. Something like 10 out of the top 12 QBs at the moment were very good in college when pressured, basically they were able to stay calm and still make correct decisions / get the ball out quickly. Apparently that really translates to the NFL where you get to play much tougher defenses on a weekly basis.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Saw some stats in a Tweet last week (can't find it anymore though), that the main thing to evaluate college QBs at the moment should be how they perform under pressure. Something like 10 out of the top 12 QBs at the moment were very good in college when pressured, basically they were able to stay calm and still make correct decisions / get the ball out quickly. Apparently that really translates to the NFL where you get to play much tougher defenses on a weekly basis.
And it kinda makes sense right. The NFL is tougher, faster, and far more complex. How amazing a QB performs in college where quality is weaker might not translate to the NFL, but how a QB handles pressure shows their mentality, which is far more important. Most top QBs can throw a great ball. What sets people apart is can they do it under pressure and can they react to game situations and coverages which are unusual. A QBs mental ability is logically far more important when transitioning.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah pressures are the most important stats on both sides of the ball. It's true for QBs and linemen.

The best Olinemen are the ones that don't allow hurries or pressures, the best Dlinemen are the ones that create pressures and hurries while the best QBs are the ones that handle pressure and hurries the best either because their pre reads and adjustement are excellent and/or because they have a quick releases.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mahomes is an underdog at home in the AFCCG. Must be a first in his career.

dpansheth

So then my QB would also be a moron too? :(
I am new as a full member so a bit of background. I was selling small souvenirs in a small parking lot, earning $40 for 12 hours labor. Two teams Raiders & 49ers, obviously because it was California.
I had enough money to buy a TV in 2006 & that's when I started watching NFL & NBA. Manning vs Favre vs Brady was the thing. It took me few years to learn what NFL is about.
Then come Rodgers and truth is, he has been a great, probably one of the best five qbs ever to play the game. Caught my eyes immediately.

having said that Cowboys always reminded me of Liverpool. Cannot like them. & Moronic attitude of Rodgers, I see that marriage will suit me just nice.
Like KDB joining Liverpool.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Be prepared for years of Burrow in Super Bowls.

No guarantee of this at all, with him or any other player. It's really hard to get to the Super Bowl and the Bengals are very cheap. I know Brady made it look easy but he's an alien.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I am new as a full member so a bit of background. I was selling small souvenirs in a small parking lot, earning $40 for 12 hours labor. Two teams Raiders & 49ers, obviously because it was California.
I had enough money to buy a TV in 2006 & that's when I started watching NFL & NBA. Manning vs Favre vs Brady was the thing. It took me few years to learn what NFL is about.
Then come Rodgers and truth is, he has been a great, probably one of the best five qbs ever to play the game. Caught my eyes immediately.

having said that Cowboys always reminded me of Liverpool. Cannot like them. & Moronic attitude of Rodgers, I see that marriage will suit me just nice.
Like KDB joining Liverpool.
That is the sad thing about Rodgers. From 2010 to about 2016 he was as exciting as it gets. His 2011 season is unparalleled to me. And he wasn’t just great and exciting, he was fun. Like Mahomes is nowadays. Ever since his play got less and less exciting and he turned out to be more and more of a moron. Makes it impossible to root for him. Now the one thing I want from the Packers is to finally get rid.

Hopefully the Jets rumours are true and they are stupid enough to actually send more than a first rounder our way. Can’t stand the guy anymore.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He’s not good?
2 things:

1) He's utter shit and is the one person who you don't want officiating a big match because he makes it all about himself. He's led the league in penalties for the last 2 years.

2) He statistically penalises the Chiefs way more than any other team. People think it stems from a comment Kelce made against him in 2016 when he fecked the Chiefs against the Steelers in a playoff game. This Reddit post sums it all up pretty well:

So after yet another yellow flag parade with this subs favorite referee I decided to do a little basic arithmetic to see if the data matches the eye regarding Carl Cheffers officiating the Chiefs.

I started with the 2017 season, since that is after Kelce's comments following the 2016 AFC Divisional loss to Pittsburgh. I included all regular and postseason games.

Carl Cheffers has had the Chiefs 12 times since. He has called 97 penalties for 879 yards on the Chiefs or 8.1 penalties for 73.3 yards/game.

Opponents were called for 81 penalties for 670 yards (6.8 for 55.8 yards/game)

But maybe the Chiefs just get called for more penalties? In the 95 non-Cheffers games since 2017, the Chiefs on average are flagged 6.47 for 57.26. Opponents are flagged 6.43 for 50.62 yards.

Chiefs opponents in Cheffers games are called for penalties at rates 5% higher than all others and have 10% more penalty yards. That seems to be consistent with how Cheffers officiates most games. In a median season he calls about 10% more penalties and 10% more penalty yards than the other crews

However, the Chiefs are penalized at a rate 25% higher with Cheffers and are called for 28% more penalty yards.

So, It does appear that Cheffers has been hard on the Chiefs since Kelce's comments

Caveats: n=12 is a smallish sample size, I didn't control for some variables. Didn't test for statistical significance. This could be more noise than signal, etc.

Source: Pro Football Reference

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chiefs fan moaning about officials :lol:
You're just as guilty.

After 14 games this season we had 20 penalties against us that resulted in giving the opponent first downs. Cheffers was responsible for 9 of those in his 2 games officiating us.

Guess who called this strip sack a roughing the passer? Yep, Cheffers.

We're probably not getting there anyway but fecking hell. The one guy all Chiefs fans didn't want to see. He's somehow even worse for the Chiefs than Anthony Taylor is for Chelsea.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You're just as guilty.

After 14 games this season we had 20 penalties against us that resulted in giving the opponent first downs. Cheffers was responsible for 9 of those in his 2 games officiating us.

Guess who called this strip sack a roughing the passer? Yep, Cheffers.

We're probably not getting there anyway but fecking hell. The one guy all Chiefs fans didn't want to see. He's somehow even worse for the Chiefs than Anthony Taylor is for Chelsea.

You’re never allowed to moan about refs ;)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Almost forgot how good this game was, and that was after that incredible Chiefs-Bills OT game as well last playoffs.

Really hoping Burrow sticks it to the Chiefs big time this year though.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

You’re never allowed to moan about refs ;)
Let's not mention the Broncos last scoring drive in that game with a bullshit hands to the face call that wiped out a game ending interception :)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They should grade crews, not individual officials. SB would be in much better hands with a crew that has worked together for years than individuals thrown together just for one game.

dpansheth

Cant wait for the weekend, Bengals peaking at the right time and all four are best teams, offering something different. Burrow or Hurts earning their stripes, a 7th rounder rookie getting into superbowl or Mahomes getting his 3rd. Fantastic season.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
They should grade crews, not individual officials. SB would be in much better hands with a crew that has worked together for years than individuals thrown together just for one game.
They've chucked in a 68 year old line judge who did a Super Bowl 26 years ago for the lulz too.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
2 things:

1) He's utter shit and is the one person who you don't want officiating a big match because he makes it all about himself. He's led the league in penalties for the last 2 years.

2) He statistically penalises the Chiefs way more than any other team. People think it stems from a comment Kelce made against him in 2016 when he fecked the Chiefs against the Steelers in a playoff game. This Reddit post sums it all up pretty well:
Be interesting to know what Cheffers stats were pre and post the Kelce comment, although dunno when Cheffers started officiating.

I think the sample sizes are too small anyways, and also conveniently ignores that he doesn’t personally call all the flags.

Love to entertain a good conspiracy though!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Be interesting to know what Cheffers stats were pre and post the Kelce comment, although dunno when Cheffers started officiating.

I think the sample sizes are too small anyways, and also conveniently ignores that he doesn’t personally call all the flags.

Love to entertain a good conspiracy though!
I don't even know any other refs in the league (well apart from Clete Blakeman because he's just rubbish) and I only know him because whenever there's been an absolute shit show reffing performance against us it's always been Cheffers. It's absurd how much he penalises us whenever he gets the chance to ref us and I didn't even know the stats until I saw them on twitter. And don't even fecking mention the Tampa Bay super bowl loss. We got destroyed in that game anyway but penalties against for 90 yards and 6 first downs in the first half alone was a joke.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Not coming across as a good Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.