NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So, Kelce had 14 catches against the Jags last weekend. Only 2 players in history have caught more passes in a playoff game.

Curious to see whether anyone knows who they are (I might've gotten one, definitely not both).

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So, Kelce had 14 catches against the Jags last weekend. Only 2 players in history have caught more passes in a playoff game.

Curious to see whether anyone knows who they are (I might've gotten one, definitely not both).
Is one James White? I'm sure I remember them saying at the time that the record he broke was his own.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Is one James White? I'm sure I remember them saying at the time that the record he broke was his own.
Yup that's one of them, but he's co-holder with 15 catches. The other one is a bit longer ago but still relatively "recent".

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yup that's one of them, but he's co-holder with 15 catches. The other one is a bit longer ago but still relatively "recent".
I just looked up James White, as I couldn't remember if he retired or not, or if he was still playing anywhere this season, and the name of the record co-holder is named on his wiki page. Pretty sure I'd never have got that one.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Bit of gamesmanship from the Bengals happened last night. The Chiefs waived Special Teams veteran Lammons yesterday in order to make a roster space for one of our guys currently on IR (probably Edwards-Hellaire or Fortson) with the anticipation that he would then be signed to the practice squad and probably elevated on matchday. The Bengals took the option to claim Lammons and block this move so he is now officially a Bengals player, despite not being able to play or practice with them until February 13. People think he might be probed by the Bengals about insider Chiefs info but like feck is he going to do that for a team that have essentially fecked his chances of playing in the AFCCG and Super Bowl :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It was mentioned on the New Heights episode from the Kelce's podcast that came out today.

Had a good section with listener mailbag - "name one rule you'd abolish and one rule you'd introduce"

Jason: "I'd abolish offensive holding"
Travis: "I'd abolish taunting... And then introduce one NHL-style fight per game" :lol:

Tiber

Fangio interviewing In Miami today, that would be a superb hire.

Also interviewing Desai, one of his protégés, but I'd rather close the deal with Fangio

Hephaestus

Great that two Seahawks players got nominated, hopefully Kenneth Walker will win but Tariq Woolen has no chance of DROY, that's going to Sauce Gardner.

Daft that Purdy got nominated, as good as he's been he's only played something like 6 games. Should have been Olave getting that third spot.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Did you know that there seems to be a madcap conspiracy theory that the Damar Hamlin who attended the Bills/Bengals game on Sunday was a stunt double, because Damar Hamlin is actually dead (though some say he's just being hidden away by 'Pfizer' :lol:) and the NFL are covering it up?

No?

Well, you do now...

Read the comments section on any of those, and feel yourself get stupider.

lsd

The Oracle
It's wild. I thought it was just a couple of people, but when I kept scrolling, it's just so many people going off on this. Too many.

Off course he is a Trump supporter too. I i do wonder was there so many idiots in America before Trump got into the White House or has is just got worse?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Off course he is a Trump supporter too. I i do wonder was there so many idiots in America before Trump got into the White House or has is just got worse?
It has emboldened them. There were plenty of idiots before 2015.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Don't pollute this very nice thread with stuff like that please :(

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
The feck. I'm the biggest draw in this thread. I'm certified poggers.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Weird not seeing Chris Godwin on the final CPOTY list, but that’s also a testament to who’s on it.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Mahomes was a full participant in training today and was running fine. Let's fecking gooo :drool:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Demeco Ryans’ interview with Denver wasn’t just a token one it seems, despite the lack of HC experience which has burned them repeatedly lately. He is a hot property. Another tweet says Saturday, Raheem Morris, Evero, and Quinn are getting second interviews with the Colts.

lsd

The Oracle
Heading Dan Quinn is going to the Broncos meanwhile Kellen Moore staying put which is bad news and bad news for Cowboys

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Has a close relationship with the Packers lunatic guru of course...

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Has a close relationship with the Packers lunatic guru of course...
If that’s a case it would be a shame if the Packers were to prevent the reunification of these close friends. So a friendship discount is in order. 2 first rounders should do it. :angel:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If that’s a case it would be a shame if the Packers were to prevent the reunification of these close friends. So a friendship discount is in order. 2 first rounders should do it. :angel:
I don't even know if it would be that much of an overpay, to be honest. Rodgers looks like he still has a few good years left in him if his arm strength doesn't dramatically decrease.

The Jets were right up there with their young defense, Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, ... If they had competent QB play this season, or at the very least average consistent one, they would've/could've made the playoffs.

dpansheth

Steelers thinking twice about Tomlin? would be mad, but my guess is Tomlin might want or need a break.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don't even know if it would be that much of an overpay, to be honest. Rodgers looks like he still has a few good years left in him if his arm strength doesn't dramatically decrease.

The Jets were right up there with their young defense, Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, ... If they had competent QB play this season, or at the very least average consistent one, they would've/could've made the playoffs.
That said, how would Rodgers' contract affect their cap situation with little invested in the current QB situation? What do they get rid to afford Rodgers? How does that affect their offensive and defensive balance?

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Steelers thinking twice about Tomlin? would be mad, but my guess is Tomlin might want or need a break.
15 years is a long to time to be with one team. Given that they (just like the Chiefs) are going through a rebuild, this may be a good time for him to move on since it doesn’t look like they are going to be winning any AFC titles or Super Bowls anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.