NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What a fecking moron.
Sadly, he probably accurately represents the views of the vast majority of white coaches / assistants in the NFL.

Imagine being a POC playing for him & hearing their coach say shit like that?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was in the four game suspended camp, now I think it’s gonna be more.
People are suggesting that he should at least get the Trevor Bauer sentence and that was before the latest developments. If things don't slow down, the NFL may have to ban him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Been reading a bit more about the group buying the Broncos, I hadn’t realised it went beyond just Walton himself.

Mellody Hobson is part of the group, who is chair of Starbucks board of directors and sits on the board of JP Morgan Chase. She’s apparently considered “one of the most influential black women executives in the country” - which is likely a small pool sadly but still pretty cool to have black representation at the NFL owners table, even if it’s only a minority stake.

She’s also married to George Lucas, so that’s Walmart, Starbucks, JP Morgan, and Disney as massive corporate connections I guess.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Been reading a bit more about the group buying the Broncos, I hadn’t realised it went beyond just Walton himself.

Mellody Hobson is part of the group, who is chair of Starbucks board of directors and sits on the board of JP Morgan Chase. She’s apparently considered “one of the most influential black women executives in the country” - which is likely a small pool sadly but still pretty cool to have black representation at the NFL owners table, even if it’s only a minority stake.

She’s also married to George Lucas, so that’s Walmart, Starbucks, JP Morgan, and Disney as massive corporate connections I guess.
They best pony up the cash when they go to the tax payers for their sports megaplex they’ll try to build eventually.

It will have to have a retractable roof in order to host a Superb Owl, which I think will be a goal, so it’s going to be pricey even as far as stadiums go.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Had to double check whether you meant the George Lucas. They got married on a piece of land called "Skywalker Ranch" :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They best pony up the cash when they go to the tax payers for their sports megaplex they’ll try to build eventually.

It will have to have a retractable roof in order to host a Superb Owl, which I think will be a goal, so it’s going to be pricey even as far as stadiums go.
It’s bloody ridiculous that taxpayers fund these things when you look at the money flying around the league and the vast wealth of the owners.

A roof is inevitable but a real shame, snow games are awesome.

Had to double check whether you meant the George Lucas. They got married on a piece of land called "Skywalker Ranch" :lol:
:lol: he’s a rather rich man.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
We’re discussing the largest sports franchise sale in history even after the biggest London soccer club just changed hands, not flagellating over a picture of Elway posing in the Garden of the Gods. Go yell at some other clouds.

JPRouve

Scout
We’re discussing the largest sports franchise sale in history even after the biggest London soccer club just changed hands, not flagellating over a picture of Elway posing in the Garden of the Gods. Go yell at some other clouds.
To be fair we don't need to have every details shared in this thread because they are not important. Also unlike the sale of Chelsea, the sale of the Broncos will have little impact on the franchise, it doesn't make them wealthier or poorer. It will be more interesting when the deal is done and whether there are front office changes.

PS: Saying that I don't mind the handful of posts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
At the risk of mentioning them again…

Who’s going to London games? I’ve secured tickets for Jacksonville vs ******, maybe arrange meeting up before the game…

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
To be fair we don't need to have every details shared in this thread because they are not important. Also unlike the sale of Chelsea, the sale of the Broncos will have little impact on the franchise, it doesn't make them wealthier or poorer. It will be more interesting when the deal is done and whether there are front office changes.

PS: Saying that I don't mind the handful of posts.
Wealth injection is only capped at the player wage level, it still matters regarding facilities and staff.

Cincy notoriously couldn’t be arsed to invest more in full-time scouts for some time and, all the more relevant after the contract for the QB up the road from there in Cleveland, the owner has to pony up the cash up front for the guaranteed money in a contract. There’s some discussion about the pain tolerance for the owners in Cincy who will have to pay Burrow/Chase/Higgins eventually in that regard.

JPRouve

Scout
Wealth injection is only capped at the player wage level, it still matters regarding facilities and staff.

Cincy notoriously couldn’t be arsed to invest more in full-time scouts for some time and, all the more relevant after the contract for the QB up the road from there in Cleveland, the owner has to pony up the cash up front for the guaranteed money in a contract. There’s some discussion about the pain tolerance for the owners in Cincy who will have to pay Burrow/Chase/Higgins eventually in that regard.
I know how the NFL work and it will be interesting to discuss that part if you have infos on it but the sale itself is not interesting at all unless you are a broncos fans.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
At the risk of mentioning them again…

Who’s going to London games? I’ve secured tickets for Jacksonville vs ******, maybe arrange meeting up before the game…
:lol:

I’m at that game too. Will also be at the other two, too. And if I can I’m trying to get tickets to Munich so I can see ***** another time.

RoadTrip

Just like to clarify by the way that I actually like the posts. I really don’t get NFL news other than the NFL app much in the off season, which doesn’t have anything really about what’s happening. So actually find it informative. I just like being awkward :).

RoadTrip

I'm hoping to get tickets for the Green Bay game but need to wait and see
Unless you’ve got a season ticket to renew, you’ll have to be on your iPad/PC/Laptop/other appropriate equipment like a teenage girl trying to secure Ed Sheeran tickets (or like @Rado_N) when the release time for single game tickets comes out as I believe they get snapped up fast. And I expect GB tickets to be snapped up even faster than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.