NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Has he been bulking up? Seems to be bigger than before.
Definitely looking bigger by there. We’ll see if he’s capable of staying that size in mid season though. Some people just struggle to keep weight up.

I read Tyquan Thornton is one of those players who just can’t seem to put on bulk.

JJ12

But why rush him back?
If he’s running 19mph in June then I doubt it’s rushing him back as much as a great op and recovery. They’d be stupid to rush him back you’re right.

edcunited1878

Running at 19 mph is great and all...but not the same as cutting and jumping while leaving your body exposed to hits...from guys that will purposely target his lower half.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
An unnamed Bucs coach on rumors about Jimmy G being traded to the Bucs to be Tommy’s backup again: “If [Garoppolo] could throw a deep ball, he would’ve won two Super Bowls already.” :cool:

pFT

@RobinLFC do I draft Jimmy G as a backup (my 3rd QB in SF) assuming he’ll get a job like Cleveland, or just take Brissett? There was a sudden run on QBs and that’s all that is left bar whoever you think the Seattle starting QB is.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
An unnamed Bucs coach on rumors about Jimmy G being traded to the Bucs to be Tommy’s backup again: “If [Garoppolo] could throw a deep ball, he would’ve won two Super Bowls already.” :cool:

pFT

@RobinLFC do I draft Jimmy G as a backup (my 3rd QB in SF) assuming he’ll get a job like Cleveland, or just take Brissett? There was a sudden run on QBs and that’s all that is left bar whoever you think the Seattle starting QB is.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

pFT

Drew Lock all day in that case. If it’s season-long and not dynasty, Jimmy G has barely any value and there are likely still more valuable backup QBs available.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

pFT

Are we talking fantasy football? What's the setup of your league? I can't fathom any situation whereby you'd need any of those QBs on your team!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Are we talking fantasy football? What's the setup of your league? I can't fathom any situation whereby you'd need any of those QBs on your team!
It is superflex dynasty. I punted on a backup QB so I could load up on WR/RBs after trading up to get Lamar + Kyler at picks 11/12. Then in a long gap of the snake order there was a run on QBs and nobody was up for trading back.

I got enough good WRs to start in the SF spot, but you still want 3 QBs.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
It is superflex dynasty. I punted on a backup QB so I could load up on WR/RBs after trading up to get Lamar + Kyler at picks 11/12. Then in a long gap of the snake order there was a run on QBs and nobody was up for trading back.

I got enough good WRs to start in the SF spot, but you still want 3 QBs.
Ah right - fair.

I have limited knowledge of superflex leagues to be honest, but since both Lamar + Kyler are mobile QBs who missed time last year - I guess the sensible answer would be Drew Lock since he's probably due to start at the Seahawks and you might have to cover either of those for a game or two at some point.

I'd be tempted to go with somebody like Desmond Ridder if available as he's a potential starter at some point in the season and has some upside, but I guess you probably can't risk your only backup option when those are your 2 QBs being a guy that'll probably be holding a clipboard for the first half of the season at least.

These seem like tough leagues to be apart of when you have to think about adding QBs this uninspiring. :lol:

JJ12

Is it really still 8 weeks away :(

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Can this guy feck all the way off already.

Then when he gets there, feck off some more.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Tyquan Thornton should be top 10 and ahead of Austin. Schwartz should probably be #1 or 2. I don’t mind Jamo being really high; he is one of the fastest guys in helmet & pads I’ve seen come along recently.

Miami should be hella fun to play as in Madden…if you still play it. Last I checked it was still just ‘meh’.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Tyquan Thornton should be top 10 and ahead of Austin. Schwartz should probably be #1 or 2. I don’t mind Jamo being really high; he is one of the fastest guys in helmet & pads I’ve seen come along recently.

Miami should be hella fun to play as in Madden…if you still play it. Last I checked it was still just ‘meh’.

It's very meh. I only get it when it comes onto gamepass once the season ends, and I'm always glad I didn't pay a penny for it.

I don't know how sports sims get away with releasing the same game every year at full price and it's just a roster update.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Overpaying.
Agree, he’s not been elite like that money suggests when it’s been crunch time. He’s benefitting from appearing to be a Mahomes style QB.

On the other hand, it’s kinda just how it is now when you have a franchise QB. So valuable and so difficult to find.

RoadTrip

On a side not, just under 3 weeks until the first episode of hard knocks. Hope it’s better than last year. But it really marks the start of building anticipation for the new season. Excited!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I wouldn’t say it’s overpaying - TBF I am biased - but it’s more the market catching up to reality. If you want to lock down one of the best QBs in their mid-20’s that’s about what you have to pay. Before injuries to himself and his surrounding cast the last couple seasons he was on a blistering pace statistically, and advanced passing metrics generally paint him in a good light.

Could be a league winner in fantasy in superflex, though I think Lamar is more likely to get that designation.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Agree, he’s not been elite like that money suggests when it’s been crunch time. He’s benefitting from appearing to be a Mahomes style QB.

On the other hand, it’s kinda just how it is now when you have a franchise QB. So valuable and so difficult to find.
Disagree about that, he’s much more a Lamar type than a Mahomes one. Above average arm talent with the running threat, while Mahomes has the best arm in the league alongside Allen and Rodgers.

RoadTrip

I wouldn’t say it’s overpaying - TBF I am biased - but it’s more the market catching up to reality. If you want to lock down one of the best QBs in their mid-20’s that’s about what you have to pay. Before injuries to himself and his surrounding cast the last couple seasons he was on a blistering pace statistically, and advanced passing metrics generally paint him in a good light.

Could be a league winner in fantasy in superflex, though I think Lamar is more likely to get that designation.
I think this is right too. Any time a young top 15 QB in the league comes to payday, it feels like it’s always resetting the market.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Disagree about that, he’s much more a Lamar type than a Mahomes one. Above average arm talent with the running threat, while Mahomes has the best arm in the league alongside Allen and Rodgers.
He’s much more Russ than Lamar, which is not surprising given their baseball backgrounds.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I have a hard to believing anyone is faster than Schwartz in straightaway speed given that he ran a 10.07 - 100m, which is Olympic quality. In terms of football speed, I would definitely give it to Hill.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He’s much more Russ than Lamar, which is not surprising given their baseball backgrounds.
Russ in his early years agree. Recent Russ doesn’t isn’t that much of a rushing threat anymore even though he still can efficiently move the chains imo.

JJ12

Who’s the greatest defensive player of all time in your opinion then lads? Loads of social media buzz (obvs) that it’s Donald. I think older folk would say LT or maybe Reggie White.

Growing up I loved safeties like Reed, Polamalu and Dawkins even if not the ‘GOAT’

Status
Not open for further replies.