NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
did one of my drafts yesterday. 12-team standard scoring and I had the 9th pick.

QB: Kyler
RB: Mixon, Etienne, Hunt, Michael Carter, Mattison
WR: Lamb, Metcalf, Bateman, Christian Kirk, MVS
TE: Kmet, Hunter Henry

think I messed up in terms of not getting two qbs and the te position
I think this is fairly decent mate - hopefully Kyler stays fit for the whole season but even if he misses 2 or 3 games, there should hopefully be some decent enough starters on the waiver wire by that point for you to pick up once people start dropping their backups for other positions.

Receiver wise Bateman and MVS have the chance to be the #2 pass catchers on good teams, Kirk probably should be the #1 and even though the Jags suck, statistically there's still good value in getting the top guy on any team (Brandin Cook as an example always gets under-drafted for this reason but he still produces every year).

I think your TE's are fine, the downside with Kmet is the TD total but Henry as long as he stays healthy should have a good year I think.

The only place I would worry about is your RB depth as Carter and Mattison aren't likely to get much work unless there's an injury to either starter. But then again with the lack of RB's in general it's really hard to get good depth here, especially in 12 man leagues.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It depends what you think of Etienne really. I have him as well but I'm expecting and only really need high RB3/low RB2 type numbers from him with the other backs I've got.

He's never gonna be a feature-back so Robinson was always going to see a significant amount of the touches on early downs, but he has big play ability and he'll be an asset in the receiving game (where he already has chemistry with the QB).

Game scripts are unlikely to favour the Jags much of course but where that'll hurt Robinson I don't think it'll affect Etienne much - he'll be one of if not their biggest playmaker and they'll try and get the ball in his hands to get them back in games.
Yeah agreed. A target is worth 3x as much as a carry, and Lawrence had the highest checkdown rate in the league at 11.3% last season (Carr was second with only 9.5%). Given the chemistry indeed, I hope that they both carry enough stand-alone value.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah agreed. A target is worth 3x as much as a carry, and Lawrence had the highest checkdown rate in the league at 11.3% last season (Carr was second with only 9.5%). Given the chemistry indeed, I hope that they both carry enough stand-alone value.
Do you listen to fantasy podcasts all day :lol:

Your fantasy knowledge is impressive - unless you are making it all up:lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Do you listen to fantasy podcasts all day :lol:

Your fantasy knowledge is impressive - unless you are making it all up:lol:
Running almost every day combined with some work commuting gives me plenty of time for fantasy podcasts yeah :lol: Dunno if that's impressive or just sad.

The target study is an old Metrics that Matter PFF study though. And basically why CMC broke fantasy football in his healthy years.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Tony Pollard in the slot, borderline erotic.

Charlie Foley

People in UK/Ireland. Is NFL game pass worth it? Thinking of getting it for my dad. Are there any blackouts other than the games on Sky these days? How many a week is that?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
People in UK/Ireland. Is NFL game pass worth it? Thinking of getting it for my dad. Are there any blackouts other than the games on Sky these days? How many a week is that?
Blackouts - the 6pm and 9pm games are blacked out for 24H. The TNF, SNF, and MNF games don’t get blacked out.

The app - is crap. Cumbersome, slow, a real pain. You can see everything you want but the app sucks. For example it doesn’t remember where you are in a video if you click out. Or can’t set it to download all games, have to do it manually each game in a long winded way. It’s clunky.

The content - excellent. Lots of extra NFL programming, lots of historical games, the game in 40 feature is the only way to watch a full NFL game that is not the Super Bowl.

Is it worth it? It depends what he will use it for. If he has sky and will watch RedZone, probably not. If he will watch every game every week in 40, then it’s a bargain.

And I believe mine is something like £140/£150 p/year.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

The sync with the beat and the moves in the last part is too good.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
For example it doesn’t remember where you are in a video if you click out.
I think they’ve fixed this, as we stopped watching an episode of Hard Knocks a few weeks ago and I realised and was preemptively moaning about it but when we went back it remembered.

Your post is all spot on though.

RoadTrip

I think they’ve fixed this, as we stopped watching an episode of Hard Knocks a few weeks ago and I realised and was preemptively moaning about it but when we went back it remembered.

Your post is all spot on though.
On the iPad? And when downloaded?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd say so. Best place to watch it all, or watch every game that your team plays.

Only the 6pm and 9pm games on Sky are blacked out. Blackouts are easy to get around if you're able to play it on a computer and cast the screen to a smart TV. A free browser add-on like VeePN works a treat.

RoadTrip

On a side note, with NFL+ replacing game pass in the US this year (I think), I’m kinda wondering whether it’s likely they’ll role that out internationally which, hopefully, might result in a more modern and functioning app in future? Or is this not likely?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
On a side note, with NFL+ replacing game pass in the US this year (I think), I’m kinda wondering whether it’s likely they’ll role that out internationally which, hopefully, might result in a more modern and functioning app in future? Or is this not likely?
NFL+ is a scam as it stands. Maybe we’ll be helped by Apple (or Google) if they manage to get their foot in the door like they’re trying to.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
O/U Akers at 48.5 rushing yards plus Singletary at 45.5 yards for a 3.5x return.

I want to bet on the over for both…rumors of Akers not running be damned. Agree?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Wow the Lions have sold out their stadium for the first time since 2019 :eek:
First time since the Texans in 2015 I've really taken a liking to the Hard Knocks team. You can't not root for Dan Campbell :lol: Coaching ability aside, he has his heart on his sleeve and clearly cares about his group of guys, wants nothing but the best for them.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
First time since the Texans in 2015 I've really taken a liking to the Hard Knocks team. You can't not root for Dan Campbell :lol: Coaching ability aside, he has his heart on his sleeve and clearly cares about his group of guys, wants nothing but the best for them.
Yea he’s great but there’s not many players that made much of an impression. I liked Pimpleton but he’s been cut, and the defender who’s name escapes me who they gave a “nickname” that I swear was a cover for getting his name slightly wrong.

Hutchinson looks a great talent but screams jock douchebag and his family are the whitest people ever seen.

Meller

I think the Rams will struggle a bit this season, or well I expect 10-7 and a wildcard slot since I think the 49ers will have a good year, but I'm still surprised that Bills are favoured tonight. I expect Rams to win it. Great start to the weekend though!

RoadTrip

I think the Rams will struggle a bit this season, or well I expect 10-7 and a wildcard slot since I think the 49ers will have a good year, but I'm still surprised that Bills are favoured tonight. I expect Rams to win it. Great start to the weekend though!
It’s not that shocking really. The Bills have the most complete and best roster IMO.

Meller

It’s not that shocking really. The Bills have the most complete and best roster IMO.
I don't see it but we shall see. If we lose against them tonight though I might have to reevaluate my 10-7 to 9-8 however.

Status
Not open for further replies.