NFL 2023

Hephaestus

Feel like if you take a big enough hit that your helmet broke, you probably should be checked for a concussion.

Charlie Foley

If that’s not holding I don’t know what is.

brainless moment putting hands on Mahomes there. we all know by now the whistle he gets

RedDevilQuebecois

Conglaturation, Dolphins (2024)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He really had to bring up the South Park reference with the Japanese people butchering the Dolphins because a real massacre is what happened to the Dolphins at Arrowhead Stadium.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Least surprising result of the round. Miami can’t do shit against good opponents, unfortunately.

Dan_F

If that’s not holding I don’t know what is.

brainless moment putting hands on Mahomes there. we all know by now the whistle he gets
That was such a bad call. Not that it mattered. In one hours worth of highlights, I think I saw 7 Miami snaps and most of them were in the last quarter when the game was done.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The two most interesting games this round are today for me.

Cowboys offense should have too much for the Packers D but if the Packers can get an early lead and grind some clock, things at least might become interesting. I wasn't really a LaFleur fan but their offense has been humming in the second half of the season, and their receiving core is the youngest in the league. Just some valuable playoff experience for Love today and we'll see how it goes, hopefully he just balls out and we get an interesting game.

And Rams @ Lions is the big one imo. First playoff game in Detroit in 30 years, can both be a positive and a negative for them I think. Goff almost the only big player for the Lions with playoff experience as well, including their HC. On the other side the Rams are dangerous, Super Bowl winning HC and QB, top 5 defender of all time, record-breaking rookie WR, you name it. That one is very hard to call either way, I just hope we get a great game and it lives up to the expectations (and I hope the Lions win a close one).

Meller

The two most interesting games this round are today for me.

And Rams @ Lions is the big one imo. First playoff game in Detroit in 30 years, can both be a positive and a negative for them I think. Goff almost the only big player for the Lions with playoff experience as well, including their HC. On the other side the Rams are dangerous, Super Bowl winning HC and QB, top 5 defender of all time, record-breaking rookie WR, you name it. That one is very hard to call either way, I just hope we get a great game and it lives up to the expectations (and I hope the Lions win a close one).
Our special teams will find a way to lose this game unfortunately.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I wouldn’t be shocked to see us defeat Dallas. I have seen Mike McCarthy coach enough playoff games to know, that no matter how big a favourite his team is, he finds a way to screw up.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I wouldn’t be shocked to see us defeat Dallas. I have seen Mike McCarthy coach enough playoff games to know, that no matter how big a favourite his team is, he finds a way to screw up.
Of course anything could happen but Cowboys have been good generally at home. Had this been at Lambeau I’d almost certainly have backed the packs

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Of course anything could happen but Cowboys have been good generally at home. Had this been at Lambeau I’d almost certainly have backed the packs
I too think the Cowboys are favorites. But only slight ones. I think we have about a 40% shot at upsetting them. We play without any pressure whatsoever, are in good shape and the offense is rolling.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I too think the Cowboys are favorites. But only slight ones. I think we have about a 40% shot at upsetting them. We play without any pressure whatsoever, are in good shape and the offense is rolling.
All valid points. Hopefully it’s a good game.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
All valid points. Hopefully it’s a good game.
I hope so. Would be funny if we managed to win a playoff game against McCarthy and at the first opportunity to do so, after Rodgers left.

Charlie Foley

What do people think of wild card games on a Monday? I know it’s a holiday here (though I have to work, maybe that’s my problem!) and I guess it’s an extra day with games (and hands forced in buffalo whatever about the tampa Philly game) but feels a bit weird. I’d have liked an all day thing on both weekend days

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What do people think of wild card games on a Monday? I know it’s a holiday here (though I have to work, maybe that’s my problem!) and I guess it’s an extra day with games (and hands forced in buffalo whatever about the tampa Philly game) but feels a bit weird. I’d have liked an all day thing on both weekend days
Mentioned it before but I love it. It's kind of a void right now as I'm used to 7pm football on Sunday over here, but it gives me another 10:30pm kickoff tomorrow night so I'm all for it.

Think it's more of a problem for Steelers / Bills fans who still have to work at 4:30pm tomorrow, or Steelers fans who made travel arrangements and are "stuck" in Buffalo for an additional day or two at the moment. But postponing the game was the right thing to do imo, not because of playing conditions but because first responders need to be elsewhere during a blizzard and it's not safe to commute to/from the stadium in such conditions. The amount of stupid people on Twitter saying "just build a dome then" is once again astonishing.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t like it. Should be two intense days of action and if you’re lucky enough to get MLK day off then that’s a recovery day, with no added advantage to a team having one less day of rest.

Last edited:

whitbyviking

I don’t like it. Should be two intense days of action and if you’re lucky enough to get MLK day off then that’s a recovery day, with no added advantage to a team not having one less day of rest.
Bit ambivalent towards it, would be better if they were on at a viewable time in Europe.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don’t like it. Should be two intense days of action and if you’re lucky enough to get MLK day off then that’s a recovery day, with no added advantage to a team not having one less day of rest.
This is a good point yeah. Bills will have two days less rest compared to the Chiefs if they win tomorrow. That game is guaranteed to be on Sunday I'd imagine.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I also think the Steelers are still in Pittsburgh and are practicing / having walk-throughs whilst the Bills players and staff members need to stay at home? Not sure though.

Sylar

Would love Packers to win this but can't see it, and can see it because our kicker and ST aren't great at all

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Great decision from the Packers to receive the ball first. Set the tone early with your offense and make them keep up.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Great decision from the Packers to receive the ball first. Set the tone early with your offense and make them keep up.
Tone was kickstarted by a stupid Dallas penalty that negated a 2nd down loss and 3rd and long situation. Very next play someone missed their cover assignment allowing Doubs to get wide open at midfield. That gave Green Bay more confidence to drive.