NFL 2023

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm pretty sure that someone called it in here months ago that Moody's shakiness would cost them the SB.
And they were wrong then.

He didn't even miss a FG, he got a PAT blocked. The Chiefs would've played the next possession differently had they been down 4 points instead of 3. Niners got the ball back several times after that.

Moody made 2 50+ FGs and the go-ahead FG in OT, he most definitely didn't cost them.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
And they were wrong then.

He didn't even miss a FG, he got a PAT blocked. The Chiefs would've played the next possession differently had they been down 4 points instead of 3. Niners got the ball back several times after that.

Moody made 2 50+ FGs and the go-ahead FG in OT, he most definitely didn't cost them.
But he literally did.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
You can’t change one thing and assume everything that followed would stay the same. That’s just basic Back The The Future stuff.

If the difference is 4 points KC don’t settle for a FG.
And maybe they'd have fumbled as had already happened and game over.

Like, you can build chains of hypotheticals, but that 1 point would have meant no overtime.

redshaw

I wouldn't blame the kicker, had 49ers had a 4 point lead I'm sure Chiefs get the touchdown and win it, they went to tie the game instead in a lower risk move.

Also the kicker is in full motion and can't adjust much, if it gets blocked on its way then blame the team for allowing the block unless there was a delay in kicking.

Chiefs got an easy touchdown in overtime and took an easy touchdown after the 49ers fumble the punt to take the lead, they lost the game there and didn't score as easily the whole game, Chiefs had the edge and no doubt they get a touchdown if 49ers had a 4 point lead.

It's a shame Purdy either didn't see or take a risk down the middle into the endzone, he had a runner break free signaling wildly but went with a soft wide pass and end up having to take the field goal. Used to see those bullet like touchdowns down the middle all the time, quite a conservative game that had easy touchdowns for Chiefs once they settled down.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Like, you can build chains of hypotheticals, but that 1 point would have meant no overtime.
It’s just an overly simplistic and ridiculous assertion. Also the kick being blocked wasn’t his fault.

Again; Shanahan takes full responsibility for his mind numbingly stupid play calling in the 3rd quarter.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Yes but you can't change one thing, a huge thing in the overall story, and expect the rest of the story to remain the same. I think that's the main point people are trying to say here.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yes but you can't change one thing, a huge thing in the overall story, and expect the rest of the story to remain the same. I think that's the main point people are trying to say here.
I'm not expecting all the rest of the story to stay exactly the same. But that PAT would have greatly increased the chances of no OT.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
And the Chiefs did all this in a rebuilding year. Impressive.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Not the kicker's fault the defense penetrated the blocking line to get a hand on the kick.
- The snap was good, the hold was good, but the blocking was not, leading to the blocked kick. Chiefs linebacker Leo Chenal broke through the 49ers' field goal protection, getting a hand on the ball to keep Kansas City within a field goal. - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...-49ers-super-bowl-58/e8a3f0a5fa212d4b42354873

Speaking of Chenal, he made two huge defensive plays that I'm aware of. He also forced the fumble by McCaffrey on the opening drive, a drive that looked to result in for sure points for SF.

Here is the live action blocked point followed by a slow-motion replay. We can see how the Chiefs caved in the left side of the line.

whitbyviking

Well that was painful. Aside from Shanahan crapping the bed the biggest thing was losing Greenlaw, he was playing like a demon before his injury and then as soon as he want Kelce suddenly starts getting a sniff and the rest is history.

We need to use 2-3 picks on the o line in this draft, get a new DC and bring in an offensive guru so Shanahan can get out of his own way.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
CBS broadcast also mentioned illegal man downfield on the CMC touchdown, shouldn't have stood according to them. Didn't watch it back or have seen it elsewehere since. There's always moaning about holding calls not given by the losing side('s fanbase), but they let a lot go yesterday for both sides.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Also this is just inexcusable, like mind numbingly stupidity. I know Arik Armstead said afterwards he had "no clue" about the new rules, but apparently there were others as well. Can't wrap my head around that one. Even if Shanahan knew and made the informed decision to receive, how the feck don't you inform your players about this.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

Also this is just inexcusable, like mind numbingly stupidity. I know Arik Armstead said afterwards he had "no clue" about the new rules, but apparently there were others as well. Can't wrap my head around that one. Even if Shanahan knew and made the informed decision to receive, how the feck don't you inform your players about this.
Especially inexcusable when you consider the stakes at that point and that so often sports literally comes down to the understanding or interpretation of the rules to make that tiny bit of difference. Those guys are paid millions.

Dan_F

Especially inexcusable when you consider the stakes at that point and that so often sports literally comes down to the understanding or interpretation of the rules to make that tiny bit of difference. Those guys are paid millions.
Reminds me of when Bruno made us kick second in the Europa final penalties, despite stats saying that going first is much better.

I don’t really consume any NFL media apart from one podcast and Redzone every Sunday, and even I knew the overtime rules.

Fergies Gum

Surprised more is not being made of Kelce shoving his boss. Can imagine the outrage if that was done at a major sporting final and the backlash that would ensue. Though i suppose it does reflect on the lack of class associated with American sports in general and people willing to put up with literally anything if it means their team wins.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The official channel posted her highlights :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Surprised more is not being made of Kelce shoving his boss. Can imagine the outrage if that was done at a major sporting final and the backlash that would ensue. Though i suppose it does reflect on the lack of class associated with American sports in general and people willing to put up with literally anything if it means their team wins.
:rolleyes: