NFL 2023

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Surprised more is not being made of Kelce shoving his boss. Can imagine the outrage if that was done at a major sporting final and the backlash that would ensue. Though i suppose it does reflect on the lack of class associated with American sports in general and people willing to put up with literally anything if it means their team wins.
There's been a pretty hefty backlash. It's all over Twitter, just googling his name brings back an article from every outlet about it. Not sure how any more could be made of it.

Dan_F

Surprised more is not being made of Kelce shoving his boss. Can imagine the outrage if that was done at a major sporting final and the backlash that would ensue. Though i suppose it does reflect on the lack of class associated with American sports in general and people willing to put up with literally anything if it means their team wins.
People are only mad because Andy is old. Coaches are yelling at the players all the time. American sports referees also have far more control of the games than football (soccer), which literally has the worst behaved athletes of almost any sport.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Hmm. If he'd kicked that point, there'd have been no OT. The rest is kinda hypotheticals folks.
There'd also been no OT if he doesn't score the 3 FGs for which he performed above expectations. So pretty dumb to say "he cost them" when his performance before that definitely outweighs the 1 point.

mav_9me

Also this is just inexcusable, like mind numbingly stupidity. I know Arik Armstead said afterwards he had "no clue" about the new rules, but apparently there were others as well. Can't wrap my head around that one. Even if Shanahan knew and made the informed decision to receive, how the feck don't you inform your players about this.
Shows you how much better Chiefs were prepared that they would have gone for two at the end (if they scored a touchdown after niners scored touchdown)

For a sec when I heard that, I was like wait, wouldn't you bank on your defense stopping niners in sudden death and then getting the ball back? But then I realized they would rather go all in on Mahomes for the 2 point conversion. That makes sense. Ride or die with your best player.

the_cliff

Also this is just inexcusable, like mind numbingly stupidity. I know Arik Armstead said afterwards he had "no clue" about the new rules, but apparently there were others as well. Can't wrap my head around that one. Even if Shanahan knew and made the informed decision to receive, how the feck don't you inform your players about this.
The ref literally explained when they took the coin toss. Of course they knew.

Sylar

Shows you how much better Chiefs were prepared that they would have gone for two at the end (if they scored a touchdown after niners scored touchdown)

For a sec when I heard that, I was like wait, wouldn't you bank on your defense stopping niners in sudden death and then getting the ball back? But then I realized they would rather go all in on Mahomes for the 2 point conversion. That makes sense. Ride or die with your best player.
Agreed, he's basically your franchise so you gotta go all in on trusting him.

KC came prepared for the possible situations and it worked. Two users on here said it to me yesterday well, that going second basically puts you in 4 down territory and you can plan based on that. Stopping mahomes 4 times when tired would be quite something.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Scary thing is that the Chiefs won with a defense completely different to the 2020 apart from Chris Jones - they're still very young and have valuable experience under their belt now, and Spags will return for another season. If they can add one or two quality WRs through the draft, they'll simply be even better next year than they were this season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Scary thing is that the Chiefs won with a defense completely different to the 2020 apart from Chris Jones - they're still very young and have valuable experience under their belt now, and Spags will return for another season. If they can add one or two quality WRs through the draft, they'll simply be even better next year than they were this season.
They’re a Tee Higgins, or Brian Thomas, away from being an unstoppable force until Kelce retires. They can’t be allowed to have that power.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Mahomes is a good example of why being a strong and tall quarterback is no longer enough. His athleticism is what truly sets him apart. He's kind of redefining what it means to be a quarterback in the modern game.
And he's not really that tall, 6'2" isn't the 'prototypical' desired height for an NFL QB. His athleticism shifts the paradigm in his favor.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Glad and happy the chiefs won. I'm kinda perplexed how they did though, their offence was awful most of the game. But then again both defences are out of this world, they cancelled each other out.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I see the Niners players are taking the loss really well, reacting to random dudes and anonymous accounts on Twitter :lol:

Eric_the_Red99

All the nonsense spouted about this being some conspiracy to get Biden re-elected, when it seems that the far more obvious (and likely) conspiracy theory is that the Kelce—Swift relationship is just a successful partnership between two global mega-brands with the sole purpose of making shed loads of cash

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
There's been a mass shooting at the Chiefs parade..