NFL 2023

JimmyWils

Fins Chargers.

Dramatic game that was a matchup of the same teams who played in what is looked back at as one of the best games in history in the early 80s.
Yeah I saw a couple of the highlight plays flash up and the score looked ridiculous so not a bad call. I'll catch the highlights definitely

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Reed was cramps. But the team looks more balanced now. Just gotta feed Jones more and get him more involved like the second half
Glad the adjustment was made
QB, O-Line, Def and ST worked well today, which gets a huge sigh of relief from me!

Doubs, Musgrave stepping up is nice too.

Love looks calm under pressure. As you say, we have to get Jones involved more.

Falcons, Saints and Lions is one tough start to come.

Affirmation

That was a great start to the NFL season. The Miami Dolphins getting a great win with Tua Tagovailoa looking like a genuine MVP candidate with Tyreek Hill also.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Eagles offensive playcalling was a horror show. Why are they throwing to the LOS when they need 10+ yards? Not a single target for Goedert. Looks like Gainwell is RB1, I expected it to be Swift. Odd game.

whitbyviking

Many fancied the Niners to lose today (including me, but mine was more a jinx attempt), especially after the Bosa holdout. Many also proclaiming Kenny “Donald Trump hands” Pickett to be better than Purdy after preseason. Glad to say we looked awesome and people don’t know sheeeeet.

Very easy win today, without stellar performances From Bosa or Hargrave either, so we should in theory get even better. Things looking up.

My flight to Italy was delayed tonight and I can’t sleep. Should I watch the Cowpokes vs the Giants? I should try to sleep, maybe this game will send me to sleep.

Charlie Foley

Many fancied the Niners to lose today (including me, but mine was more a jinx attempt), especially after the Bosa holdout. Many also proclaiming Kenny “Donald Trump hands” Pickett to be better than Purdy after preseason. Glad to say we looked awesome and people don’t know sheeeeet.

Very easy win today, without stellar performances From Bosa or Hargrave either, so we should in theory get even better. Things looking up.

My flight to Italy was delayed tonight and I can’t sleep. Should I watch the Cowpokes vs the Giants? I should try to sleep, maybe this game will send me to sleep.
Just realised we’ll be at a wedding for the rams game and on a flight to Ireland for another wedding for the giants game. Damn

whitbyviking

Just realised we’ll be at a wedding for the rams game and on a flight to Ireland for another wedding for the giants game. Damn
That is rather unfortunate. Should be fun vs the rams, although Surprised they won tonight, so it might be an interesting game. Although it was only the Seahawks, who could end up poor if Geno reverts to type.

No idea what to expect withthe Giants, you’d like to think we’d brutalise Jones.

Charlie Foley

That is rather unfortunate. Should be fun vs the rams, although Surprised they won tonight, so it might be an interesting game. Although it was only the Seahawks, who could end up poor if Geno reverts to type.

No idea what to expect withthe Giants, you’d like to think we’d brutalise Jones.
Never mind, I got the dates wrong for the giants, I’ll be in Ireland for that :lol::lol: so honestly missing more of it

whitbyviking

For those watching on SKY is the volume really low, I usually have it set to 11 but for the game on Thursday and SNF I have to have it at 22 plus
Watching overseas so can’t help.

Jones looks like he’ll end up hurt at some point. Didn’t he have a bad back?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
What the feck is up with Dallas and their kickers. :lol:

whitbyviking

Seriously I was stunned to hear that
I just don’t think it is at all transferable, I was a keeper, which was the closest on a football pitch to being a kicker I suppose and it’s not even close. Even rugby is apparently not close enough to transfer. Just really odd. There are decent enough journeyman kickers around the league without taking chances like this.

Parsons looks like a cheat code so far. Niners could have had him too instead of Trey Lance, and saved the 2 future firsts we lost.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
He kicked in the USFL last year for the Birmingham Stallions. They tweeted this just after he missed his kick:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The Giants have two rookie corners, there is no excuse for Dak to not light up tonight and make no mistakes. The only excuse would be a NYG pass rush completely destroying the Cowboys OL (and/or losing a couple OL-men tonight).

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
This is going to be a hiding ain't it.

whitbyviking

Didn’t know about him and his background. I genuinely think the best kicking goalkeepers could do a job in American Football, some the keepers I played against can kick the length of a football pitch accurately, they have the leg strength (for that shape ball) and the accuracy. Just whether they can do it under pressure and with the different ball.

More surprised a team with designs On the Super Bowl would risk a football player as a kicker when there are decent and cheap options around the league.

But yes, this will be a spanking and the Cowboys don’t even look that good

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Dak is getting schooled by his D and special teams

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Might go to bed. This is like watching men v boys

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I could play QB better than Daniel Jones and I can't run, can't throw and I'm old.

Almost forgot.

....and my Commanders won.

lsd

The Oracle
Well I've seen enough Jerry Jones has finally got his team and Cowboys are going to the Superbowl