NFL 2023

Meller

Worst call ever what the absolute hell is that???????? He wasn't even close to get that?

First the nonexistent PI then that???? He didn't even move forward an inch. The god damn stupid NFL refs

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Can’t kick field goals in the redzone against Miami. Brian Johnson’s redzone play calling is really bad.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I like the Kelly Green jersey. They should keep it for their normal home jersey.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Hurts really does need to stop turning it over when the ball is in his hands.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
That is such an obvious facemask penalty considering it was made when the ball was en route to that receiver. Dolphins have every right to be fecked off with that non call.

Hephaestus

That is such an obvious facemask penalty considering it was made when the ball was en route to that receiver. Dolphins have every right to be fecked off with that non call.
Yeah, that was a terrible no-call.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
The football gods handing out justice.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Hill has dropped two huge passes and I still can’t understand QB decisions to loft a ball into triple coverage.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Lamar Jackson is an awesome quarterback and I've always been puzzled by the strange notion in some quarters that he somehow isnt when he's been carrying this Ravens team to wins for years. They gave the Lions a frightful beating today, but the Lions have some very favourable games coming up and I still think they will be the number one seed in the NFC.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
All scoring plays are reviewed in the booth from what I recall. The receiver appears to have possession, looks like he even had the ball at his chest numbers when on the ground. Don't see anywhere in that play where the defender had majority possession.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
All scoring plays are reviewed in the booth from what I recall. The receiver appears to have possession, looks like he even had the ball at his chest numbers when on the ground. Don't see anywhere in that play where the defender had majority possession.
Both players had possession and the rule then dictates that the first player who has 2 feet down “wins”.

MrMarcello

Miami Dolphins... to early to label them flat track bullies?

Wins against opposition with a combined 8-25 record. Got blown out by the rival Bills, a playoff contender, and Eagles basically handled them last night, two teams with a combined 10-4 record.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I could not see a single segment in that clip where the defender ever had full/majority possession. I get that a Broncos fan would see otherwise. :lol:
Gene Steratore explained it on the live broadcast and stated it should have been a pick and was amazed the TD was awarded.

Also:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I could not see a single segment in that clip where the defender ever had full/majority possession. I get that a Broncos fan would see otherwise. :lol:
The Broncos won anyway. I'd have thought some Broncos fans would now be actively wanting the decisions to go against them to get rid of Payton & Paton and tank for Caleb.

MrMarcello

Gene Steratore explained it on the live broadcast and stated it should have been a pick and was amazed the TD was awarded.

Also:

Was hoping there would be other audio/video to what you stated.

Below is a dispute with what Steratore stated live. There is a clip in the link below that shows another angle that appears to validate an interception claim, although the clip is suspiciously ended before the full play is completed. A receiver must complete the play in the end zone when falling down in-bounds, would think the same applies to a defender. Possession is tied until the very end, from what I see, and we have seen plays across football in general where a player strips the ball from another to gain possession during a pass play. It's not who is first with feet down with possession, it's who has control when the play is completed. Perhaps a fair decision in these would be to rewind the clock and replay the down.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/game...-interpretation-of-doubs-touchdown-vs-surtain

--“We ruled on the field that the Green Bay receiver controlled the ball while airborne and came to the ground and never lost control of the ball and, therefore, by rule, it is a touchdown,” Kemp told Jeff Legwold, ESPN’s Broncos beat writer and the Pro Football Writers of America’s pool reporter for the game.

Steratore’s interpretation about feet and possession was incorrect, Kemp said. The play was reviewed at the league office in New York, as are all scoring plays.

“Since the ruling on the field was a touchdown, we reviewed the play for the elements of a catch, which were control and maintaining control when he went to the ground, and then the receiver kept control of the ball,” Anderson said. “There were no views that showed that the receiver ever lost control of the ball from the time he initially possessed it until he completed the catch process on the ground.”

Just like baseball, where the tie goes to the runner, in football, a tie goes to the offensive player.

“I think what you’re asking about is a simultaneous possession,” Kemp said. “That’s not what we ruled on the field. But had we ruled that on the field, it would still be a touchdown. By rule, simultaneous possession is a touchdown, or is a catch by the receiver.” --

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@MrMarcello it looks clear enough to me that PS2 had control and Doubs is grabbing his hands for a lot of it rather than having control of the ball.

In the end it was inconsequential, but the ruling appears to be wrong and the refs are clinging to what was called on the field.

MrMarcello

Speaking of other officiating stuff...
The Colts got hosed twice on the Browns last drive; the Steelers got bailed out by an official spotting the ball probably a few inches more forward than should have which resulted in a first down by an inch, practically ending the game; and the Eagles had zero penalties (yeah right).

MrMarcello

The Broncos won anyway. I'd have thought some Broncos fans would now be actively wanting the decisions to go against them to get rid of Payton & Paton and tank for Caleb.
Payton ain't going anywhere with that contract. But if they truly want Caleb they better start losing - Carolina and Arizona are showing how it's done. I think Caleb withdraws if Arizona threaten to draft him at #1, which they probably would. Guessing Carolina would trade the pick as they're all in on Young, though I'd trade him to draft Caleb (I'm biased - I don't rate Young as high as some do). Everyone else at the bottom has two wins, a log jam of who picks where. The worst bullshit would be NE somehow getting Caleb (or Drake Maye) and saving Belicunt's sanity possibly.

There could be a batch of solid QB prospects in this draft.

Dan_F

It’s really hard to actively want that :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Both players had possession and the rule then dictates that the first player who has 2 feet down “wins”.

I thought the announcer said if it's tied it goes to the offensive player

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I thought the announcer said if it's tied it goes to the offensive player
The commentator did but they’re always getting stuff wrong. Steratore (former ref and now “rules expert”) contradicted this and said the above.